Installed Hero twice and having issues

Search This thread

mikesx4911

Apr 8, 2009
I installed Hero the latest version and whenever I get the phone on it says "the process android.process.acore has stoped unexpectedly. Please try again" What do I do, I been without a working phone for almost 7 hours now :mad:

DirectMatrix

Jun 16, 2009
Norfolk, VA
I installed Hero the latest version and whenever I get the phone on it says "the process android.process.acore has stoped unexpectedly. Please try again" What do I do, I been without a working phone for almost 7 hours now :mad:

Without making things too complicated, and to simply get you back up and running. just flash another ROM....

That way you will have your phone back in working order and you can do some more research regarding ROMs. Keep in mind that many of the Hero ROMs are still somewhat buggy but are coming along nicely. The good news is there are many Hero ROMs to choose from so picking another will likely fix your acore process force close.

mikesx4911

Apr 8, 2009
im seriously ready to shoot this phone :mad: I wiped, cleared the ext 3 times and if i ever get to the OS cuz most of the time Im stuck at HTC and the little hero keep looping. I will wipe ext and alt wipe and try to load up a different rom

eessel

Apr 2, 2009
Little Rock, AR
im seriously ready to shoot this phone I wiped, cleared the ext 3 times and if i ever get to the OS cuz most of the time Im stuck at HTC and the little hero keep looping. I will wipe ext and alt wipe and try to load up a different rom

Yeah..i think that would be a good idea. You can try cyanogen's rom. Probably the 3.9.10 version, which is a pretty fast and stable rom, and then just get Ted417's Hero theme(which I think is the best Hero theme out there) flashed on there to give you that Hero look minus the widgets of course, if that's the look you're going for.

mikesx4911

Apr 8, 2009
Yeah..i think that would be a good idea. You can try cyanogen's rom. Probably the 3.9.10 version, which is a pretty fast and stable rom, and then just get Ted417's Hero theme(which I think is the best Hero theme out there) flashed on there to give you that Hero look minus the widgets of course, if that's the look you're going for.

that theme is garbage lol. It wont even install, I tried like 4 times. WTF!!!!

trstn

Aug 27, 2009
Hi there, I'm having the same problem.

Hero was fine until I did a factory reset (I'd cleverly managed to lock myself out of it via the security swipe).

Anyway, did the factory reset and now I get the android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem.

I'm not that keen on installing other ROMs at this point, just hoping you can share your solution.

I'm guessing but it seems to be connected to my contact card within contacts. (If i wipe the info in that and log out of facebook the issue stops).

mikesx4911

Apr 8, 2009
Hi there, I'm having the same problem.

Hero was fine until I did a factory reset (I'd cleverly managed to lock myself out of it via the security swipe).

Anyway, did the factory reset and now I get the android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly problem.

I'm not that keen on installing other ROMs at this point, just hoping you can share your solution.

I'm guessing but it seems to be connected to my contact card within contacts. (If i wipe the info in that and log out of facebook the issue stops).

What I did was load a different rom non hero first, than updated to a hero rom and it worked. Because I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it lol. But personally I stopped using the hero rom, there to slow, and missing to much stuff such as bluetooth and etc.

palosjr

Jul 25, 2009
Houston
What I did was load a different rom non hero first, than updated to a hero rom and it worked. Because I couldn't figure out how to get rid of it lol. But personally I stopped using the hero rom, there to slow, and missing to much stuff such as bluetooth and etc.

for what its worth. hero itself is not a theme. and neither is cyanogens roms. when you said that "this theme is garbage" you may have been talking about the wrong item.

also to get rid of a rom, just wipe, plain and simple.