Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 37,672 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP][Source] Root Webserver - v2.3.1 (supports Full or Root Tools unlock)

Tip us?

LiFePo4
Old
Thanks Meter 53
GDTD - I just installed this and set it to elevated privilege with Root Tools and it works. Why this is important is I failed the HTC Utility driver test before elevating it (and it of course did not run). I note your first post still says you need to pass this test or have a custom ROM, but elevating it works in my case.

P.S. This is how I got and put back the download limit modified xml files for the other email thread and then set them to read only.
HTC 1st Gen CDMA 7 Trophy (aka Spark_W) with Heathcliff74 Interop-Unlocked 8773.98 v1 Drivers - retired
Nokia Lumia 822 Dev Unlocked GDR3/Amber Updates
The Following User Says Thank You to LiFePo4 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,699
Ack sorry, I thought I'd updated the first post here in light of WP7 Root Tools but apparently not. I'll do that now, thanks!
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.

LiFePo4
Old
Thanks Meter 53
No problem - thank you (and I gave a thanks to your first post; love this webserver!)
HTC 1st Gen CDMA 7 Trophy (aka Spark_W) with Heathcliff74 Interop-Unlocked 8773.98 v1 Drivers - retired
Nokia Lumia 822 Dev Unlocked GDR3/Amber Updates

inspectoralex
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Exclamation Out of memory problem

If I try to download a big file (about 500mb) from my phone and I get an error page :
HTML Code:
WP7 WebServer - ERROR An exception has occurred! You may have tried to access a location that doesn't exist, or that can't be opened. The error message is: System.OutOfMemoryException: OutOfMemoryException at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadBytes(Int32 count) at Homebrew.IO.File.ReadAllBytes(String filename) at WebServer.Handler.Process(RequestContext context) at HttpServer.Server.ProcessModules(RequestContext context) at HttpServer.Server.HandleRequest(RequestEventArgs e) at HttpServer.Server.OnRequest(Object sender, RequestEventArgs e) at HttpServer.HttpListener.OnRequest(Object sender, RequestEventArgs e) at HttpServer.HttpContext.OnRequest(Object sender, FactoryRequestEventArgs e) at HttpServer.Messages.MessageFactoryContext.OnMessageComplete(Object sender, EventArgs e) at HttpServer.Messages.Parser.HttpParser.OnComplete() at HttpServer.Messages.Parser.HttpParser.GetHeaderName() at HttpServer.Messages.Parser.HttpParser.Parse(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) at HttpServer.Messages.MessageFactoryContext.Parse(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 length) at HttpServer.HttpContext.ParseBuffer(Int32 bytesLeft) at HttpServer.HttpContext.OnReceive(Int32 bytesLeft) at HttpServer.HttpContext.b__a() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStartHelper(ThreadHelper t) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStartHelper()
If you have time, can you fix it?

hitmanhell25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
webserver was working correctly 1st time
I installed it and mark trusted inwp7rootools.
then I removed it and again installed it after few days,and its
not working any more. it runs and when I open the ip indicated it doesn't work
..it is marked trusted also.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 2,699
@hitmanhell25: Sorry for the long-delayed response. Have you tried removing the "Trusted" mark in Root Tools and adding it again?

If that's not it, you're going to have to be more specific about the problem. Are you able to connect to the server (i.e. does the browser find the server or does it say something like "the address cannot be found")? Do you get the password prompt? Does the browser connect to the server but get no response? What is the name of the connection (on the phone's screen) that you're using? Are you using the same WiFi network as before (some networks don't permit one device to talk directly to another device; this breaks the way the server works)?
@inspectoralex: At *some* point I do plan to implement Chunked data encoding (a form of HTTP transmission that supports large files more easily) or at least handle read-send looping over the file (rather than trying to read the entire thing for a single send). Neither of these are terribly hard, I've just been distracted by other things.

But yes, if you try to upload or download a file that's more than perhaps 50% of your phone's memory (so, 250MB for most WP7 devices) it will likely fail with that error. It may even fail on smaller files. I'll put that fix in the to-do list for once I (metaphorically) get off my but and begin releasing updates to this app again.

A quick note for any WP8 users: Although this app doesn't work on WP8, I've got a new and completely re-implemented version available for WP8. It doesn't (yet) have anything close to full access - it's more akin to fiinix's Mango webserver, but for WP8 - but it does work for some things.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
Tags
htcroot, source, webserver, xap