5,604,367 Members 48,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Windows Phone Most Wanted App List

Tip us?

YanivC
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Info 2 Can I please see your smartphone license?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassembrace View Post
This is so annoying already, those guys at microsoft got so much money they could invest in putting those damn apps into the marketplace. I mean i know the developement for wp7/8 is dfferent although wp8 i smuch easier to handle! What is wrong with microsoft windows phones are not treated as smartphones, theyre treated like crap. My god basic apps like instagram or temple run (temple run 2 is out!) are not even in the marketplace and the facebook app lacks speed for windows phone 7! I dont get this it makes me wanna switch to android although i hate this OS but they always deliver their promises!

Apps I would like to see in the marketplace:

Instagram (after almos 2 years), temple run (more than one year), Voxer
Dude!
You realize MicroSoft has no control over the applications right?
They don't control which apps get ported over or not, thats up to the developer of the original application. If you truly want to see these apps on WP then its simple. Explain to your friends/family/colleagues that windows phone is a MUCH better phone and that soon the "one" eco system will be an absolute dream to work/play in and eventually the app developers will see people buying the phones and start porting for them.
MicroSoft is pouring money into development and into marketing their phones, the rest is up to the consumer.

rowlie50
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The best operating system is nothing without the big boy apps, its not for the consumer to push the developers, if this was true we will be waiting for years for our favorite apps, Microsoft has to court the developers, make them buy into the product, believe in its future.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

bassembrace
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanivC View Post
Dude!
You realize MicroSoft has no control over the applications right?
They don't control which apps get ported over or not, thats up to the developer of the original application. If you truly want to see these apps on WP then its simple. Explain to your friends/family/colleagues that windows phone is a MUCH better phone and that soon the "one" eco system will be an absolute dream to work/play in and eventually the app developers will see people buying the phones and start porting for them.
MicroSoft is pouring money into development and into marketing their phones, the rest is up to the consumer.

It is still their job to convince the developers to join their ecosystem and therefore to develop apps for them!