[Q] HTC One X Digitizer/LCD Repair Problems

Search This thread

cellulardepot337

Apr 23, 2013
I run a cell phone repair company and we do quite a few repairs but this in particular HTC One X has us all stumped here. We do realize that there are 3 different versions of the dig/lcd and we have the correct part. But has anyone had problems with trying to replace the HTC One X dig/lcd assembly. It seems that after I put the new part on the lcd is black but the phone is still on. I even went back and put the old screen back on and it is still black. Prior to the repair the lcd worked fine. But just the digitizer was cracked. I have even went as far as changing the motherboard on the phone to a new one and am still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
It would seem to me as though it's just as simple as one of the connectors is not plugged in or just not plugged in properly, which is easy to do since one of them is on the underside of the board which I believe is the one for the screen itself.

azteka88

Oct 18, 2012
I run a cell phone repair company and we do quite a few repairs but this in particular HTC One X has us all stumped here. We do realize that there are 3 different versions of the dig/lcd and we have the correct part. But has anyone had problems with trying to replace the HTC One X dig/lcd assembly. It seems that after I put the new part on the lcd is black but the phone is still on. I even went back and put the old screen back on and it is still black. Prior to the repair the lcd worked fine. But just the digitizer was cracked. I have even went as far as changing the motherboard on the phone to a new one and am still having the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello did you sync the lcd's? Search how to get it sync'd! Thats why it doesn'n turn on...

Enviado desde mi Sony Tablet S usando Tapatalk 2

thebobmannh

May 22, 2012
Derry, NH
www.scrampf.com
Did you ever find a solution to this?

I'm kind of in the same boat at the moment, BUT there's a silverish lining

In the midst of replacing a screen on my One X. Phone is obviously "on" (despite being in pieces on my desk), but n either the new or old screens will come on when I push the power button.

For a lark, I plugged the phone in, and did an 'adb reboot'

My splash screen comes up on the new screen just fine, as does the Viper Logo and my home screen and everything.... but once it shuts off the power button will NOT re-wake it up. At first I thought "I must have broken the power button" but I also forced a notification to it - which also typically wakes up the screen - and also saw nothing.

EDIT : Cancel that; for some reason the power button didn't work until I had the case back on. Grounding maybe? Either way, working fine now.

Last edited:

casklaverstijn

Feb 11, 2009
Some Ebay product page for a screen replacement said you should first power on the device with the old screen, then take the old screen out while the phone is running and put the new one in.

Maybe you should trie that. I'm not a hardware expert, so do some research before trying this and don't blame me if it doesnt work :p

exad

Jan 26, 2010
Montreal
That will only work if the screens not working. Op. It's difficult to narrow the issue in your situation. If the flex cables don't work, it's a short which would require much more advanced knowledge to fix.

Sent from my One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OP already stated that going back to the original LCD did not yield results.

Exactly. Seems like the only probable answer is that something was broken during teardown - either a cable or connector. Given the size of everything in there, it doesn't take much....