Here is what led to the problem:
1) I rooted my phone. It rebooted fine.
2) I downloaded a modified framework-res.apk and Root Explorer (File Manager) to my phone.
3) Mounted Root Explorer in r/w mode.
4) Copied and overwrote original /system/framework-res.apk with modified file.
5) Phone rebooted and got stuck in loop.
*USB debug mode was on at time of failure.
Here is what I have tried on a Mac:
1) In Android System Recovery <3e>, I tried "Wipe cache partition" and "Wipe data/factory reset." That did not work.
2) I downloaded the Mac Motorola Drivers from their website. I download and installed Android SDK and platform-tools package. I can run ADB in my terminal. However, it only shows the device when in "Recovery/Apply update from ADB " mode. When I perform "adb devices" it shows a serial number and "sideload." I use the "adb sideload" command to transfer the firmware .zip file. It reads the following after it is uploaded:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check("/system/framework-res.apk", "bunch of numbers")
This was after sideloading the package "Blur_Version.9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US.zip." This was the same file I was modifying earlier. I have tried it with the fireware xml.zip files from sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/list.php and only got to line 3 before it aborted.
3) Tried to update from microSD card and got same result.
4) I have the original framework-res.apk file; however I don't know how to push it. I cannot get it to recognize the device in ADB outside of the Recovery from ADB sideload option. All other ADB commands return an "error : closed" reply.
5) As far as Fastboot, it reads AP Flastboot Flash Mode (S), Device is LOCKED. Status Code: 0, Battery OK, USB Connected. I got the device ID and tried the online unlock key generator on Motorola.com but it stated my device was not eligible for unlocking at this time, so it remains locked.
Here is what I have tried on a Windows 7 PC:
1) I downloaded the Windows Motorola Drivers from their website. I download and installed Android SDK and platform-tools package. I can open ADB in cmd line. However, when I perform "adb devices," it does not show a serial number, even in Recovery ADB sideload.
2) I downloaded RSD Lite 5.3.1. Selected one of the extracted sbf.droid-developers.org/vanquish/list.php .xml files. Hit start and nothing happened. "Show Device" did not bring anything up. I am guessing the PC is not detecting the device, but I uploaded the latest Motorola Drivers Package. I even tried the Google USB Driver install in Android SDK.
Can you recommend another course of action or a means of getting one of these methods to work? Please help me unbrick my phone. Thank you in advance for any advice.