com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier running after restart

OP starkillers

19th July 2013, 10:56 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Prompt Onoes. Mines completely busted!
So I'm running everything stock. Already replaced my phone once yesterday. This is what happened:
Did the system update over wi-fi at home. Went out and suddenly it restarted. Then a few seconds restarted again. And again.
It basically went into boot loop in a sense. I went back to the store where I got it from (within 14days still) and they couldn't do anything with it and gave me a new one. So come today. I get the update, download it. SAME thing. It stays on for about 3-6 seconds and restarts.

BUT I was able to turn off my "Mobile Data" and it stays on. No restart. But it shows up with MIPERRActivity which is com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier. I can use wi-fi just fine. But the second I turn Mobile Data back on, it freezes my phone and restarts. And then restarts after a few second of being turned on.

When looking at the Permissions, it looks as if it essentially has permission to do everything and anything on my phone. Could this be some sort of viral file that got attached to the update somehow? Or just a monitoring app that runs in the background?

---------- Post added at 04:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimodo

So I'm running everything stock. Already replaced my phone once yesterday. This is what happened:
Did the system update over wi-fi at home. Went out and suddenly it restarted. Then a few seconds restarted again. And again.
It basically went into boot loop in a sense. I went back to the store where I got it from (within 14days still) and they couldn't do anything with it and gave me a new one. So come today. I get the update, download it. SAME thing. It stays on for about 3-6 seconds and restarts.

BUT I was able to turn off my "Mobile Data" and it stays on. No restart. But it shows up with MIPERRActivity which is com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier. I can use wi-fi just fine. But the second I turn Mobile Data back on, it freezes my phone and restarts. And then restarts after a few second of being turned on.

When looking at the Permissions, it looks as if it essentially has permission to do everything and anything on my phone. Could this be some sort of viral file that got attached to the update somehow? Or just a monitoring app that runs in the background?

Also, I'm on Sprint and I can turn the wifi on/off so long as the mobile data is turned off.
Last edited by Chimodo; 19th July 2013 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Adding info - I'm on Sprint
20th July 2013, 05:46 PM   |  #32  

1 posts
Galaxy S4
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzo2000

Same here just updated this morning. Bone stock and not rooted. Shows up after every reboot.

I did the update myself not via ota. Did everyone else here do it that way? Or did you receive the update via ota?

Maybe its somehow related to the way sprint is rolling out the update?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

I got the same problem same massage and I did OTA update SPH-L720
21st July 2013, 11:14 AM   |  #33  
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,781

1,716 posts
Donate to Me
I'm getting this error too... glad it's not just me. this may just be a bug in the MF9 f/w.

I'm thinking the phone is checking for a MIP(Mobile IP) connection... not getting one(due to wifi being used) and triggers the error. Mobile IP is related to 1x/EVDO/eHRPD(and I'll assume LTE)... but "MIP" is not used when wifi is on. The data profiles(usernames and passwords for data authentication) are technically called "MIP Profiles"... which is why I'm tying the MIP name to 1x/EVDO etc but not wifi.

As to why this is being triggered like this... I do not know. At first I thought maybe one of the system apks I deleted caused this... but those of you reporting that this happens on pure stock have confirmed that's not the case. As long as this isnt draining the battery or something... it seems like just a cosmetic nuisance.

I can't think of a way for non-rooted people to fix this... removing/freezing the apk would seem to be the only way. If your mobile data works after togging off wifi... as I said... just seems to be a cosmetic issue. At least that seems to be the case for just about everyone besides Chimodo(post #31).

[EDIT - continue reading below for some updates]

Hmmm... after a bit more poking... ##DEBUG# hidden menu(password = sprint) if you go to the EVDO ENG RF menu.. I noticed that when "Rx PER" gets an "invalid error".. I see the "MIPERRActivity" in Recent Apps list. If I disable wifi.. reboot the phone and start off with evdo/ehrpd/lte... no "invalid" error under ##DEBUG# > EVDO RF > Rx PER(and no MIPERRActivity). Turn on wifi... the "invalid error" comes back(not always) as does "MIPERRActivity" in recent history. Basically... if you see the "MIPERRActivity" in recent apps... check in ##DEBUG# menu for the "Rx PER invalid error". If this happens on more phones than just mine.. I think we've found the culprit.

Why this happens... I do not know... doesn't seem to me that the data profiles are failing in any way... I get evdo/ehrpd/lte just fine... and wifi is fine when enabled as well. Again.. this makes me think it's some kind of bug. Perhaps we can contact Sprint... and maybe in the next update things will be fixed.

blah... another update. after more testing... seems "MIPERRActivity" and "Rx PER" invalid error aren't always linked. there goes that theory.
Last edited by autoprime; 22nd July 2013 at 08:38 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to autoprime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th July 2013, 08:41 PM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 22

82 posts
More
I used App Quarantine in the play store to quarantine com.sec.app.MIPErrorNotifier
No messages so far
1st August 2013, 05:30 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 1

36 posts
More
My wife and I both have the SPH-L720. We each applied the update. Her's is having this issue, and mine is not. Neither are rooted. Now her battery is draining rapidly.
1st August 2013, 08:09 AM   |  #36  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,796

4,444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Could it have to do with location services maybe?? I get this basically every reboot..
1st August 2013, 09:12 AM   |  #37  
Thanks Meter: 2

43 posts
I get it too there just might not be enough people that have noticed I thought I was the only one till I saw this thread

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
1st August 2013, 04:00 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 61

198 posts
I have been getting this error a bunch of times during the day mostly when going from 3g to 4g to wifi and vice versa. Is there any fix for this yet for non rooted phones. Can somebody please help out this is annoying az f... pleeez help

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium
1st August 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #39  
Flag Dutchess County, New York
Thanks Meter: 1,796

4,444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo386

I have been getting this error a bunch of times during the day mostly when going from 3g to 4g to wifi and vice versa. Is there any fix for this yet for non rooted phones. Can somebody please help out this is annoying az f... pleeez help

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda premium

There's barely a *fix* for rooted phones hahaa. Just deleting it is more of a work around considering no one knows the root of this thing and where the hell it's coming from!
The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFCaputo113 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2013, 09:16 AM   |  #40  

1 posts
Exclamation I noticed the same thing with my phone after the update.
Since the update was automatically pushed to my phone (I had no choice in the matter) I have had connectivity issues just like everyone else here.
I have no idea about how to fix it, but I do have a contribution to make. My phone is stock and came out of the box 2 days ago. Also, I'm on Sprint. I'm sensing this is sorta a Sprint problem.

Did anyone else notice the absurd number of privacy invading permissions this "app" has? Editing my emails and texts; why do they need that? Rerouting my outgoing phone calls? Same. Writing call logs? Why? Taking pictures and recording audio and video?

I may be a little bit paranoid, but this seems way to creepy and invasive for my phone company to do.
Seems like Big Brother is pushing his way into my phone...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-24-00-27-36.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2209961  
Last edited by redcorgh; 24th August 2013 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to include device conditions.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread