[app][v1.3] Daydream for pre JB 4.2.2

Search This thread

vijai2011

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 24, 2011
Hello,
I have made original daydream app for android 2.2 till 4.2.2 and I wanted to test it on multiple devices.The description and feature lists are:
Daydream:
First ever Daydream feature app for pre 4.2!Supports Froyo(2.2), GingerBread(GB 2.3), HoneyComb(3.0), IceCream Sandwich(ICS 4.0) and Jelly Bean (JB 4.1 - 4.2)
Features:

[*] Works from froyo till JB!

[*] Control when to run Daydream

[*] Option to have different Date formats

[*] Locks screen as soon as Daydreaming starts(requires administrator permission)

[*] Custom text on Daydream(Only on pro)

[*] Over 20 randomized text movement

[*] No ads or no nagging to buy pro!

Changelog:
******************V1.1******************

[*] Fixed screen flickering occasionally during calls

[*] Minor bug fixes

******************V1.2******************

[*] Disabled daydream while phone ringing or while in call (Hence the permission)

[*] Reduced app size drastically over 55% (~245 KB to 108 KB)

[*] Performance improvement

******************V1.3******************

[*] Increased text size and visibility

[*] Added option to lock device by default (Power button overrides this)

[*] Bug fixes

******************V1.4******************

[*] Various Bug fixes

[*] Ability to change text size and color!

Please try the app and report as many bugs as possible because I have to fix all those and release pro app bug free. Also please review the app (preferably on play :p)

This app was featured in the xda portal! Thanks to the portal team for writing about my app.

Attachments

• Daydream-lite.apk
    133.6 KB · Views: 749
Last edited:

JohnnyGT

Jun 17, 2008
Land of the long white cloud , NZ
message is there on black screen ...... just got to look closely

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3.7 KB · Views: 359

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Nice app.But can the Text be made more visible.It seems too light.

Did you try it on your phone or are you saying it from the screenshot included on previous post? It is made light (Its close to original daydream text color) to prevent burn in yet with a shade which is easy to see on a Black bg. If its still lighter on your phone, Please PM me the screenshot of the app running on your phone and I will see what to do next. Thanks.

-Anderson-

May 29, 2012
**Chennai**
Did you try it on your phone or are you saying it from the screenshot included on previous post? It is made light (Its close to original daydream text color) to prevent burn in yet with a shade which is easy to see on a Black bg. If its still lighter on your phone, Please PM me the screenshot of the app running on your phone and I will see what to do next. Thanks.

Yes..I did try.I need to push the brightness to 100% to make it more visible.

I will send the screenshot via PM ;)

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Can you just post a external link for the apk please :D

Is the play store not supported in your country? Because, I cannot keep track of total number of installs or active installs if I give external link. Although if your country is not supported, I can give you the app in some other way.

Last edited:

FringeNY

May 12, 2013
Thank you for your work! Does Daydream need much batterie if it is activated half the day or is it nearly like the phone is in standby-mode?

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Thank you for your work! Does Daydream need much batterie if it is activated half the day or is it nearly like the phone is in standby-mode?

Well, anyway it is going to keep the screen on and thus consume battery so it is not like phone in a deep sleep. But yet, dont get disappointed! Its going to run only on the min frequency and doesnt eat battery as heavy as skype! Never does a wake lock.

Reactions: FringeNY

FringeNY

May 12, 2013
Thank you for the fast answer. I just tried the app out. I really like the "minimalism" design (small, clear, not too bright). Sadly i can just use the screen saver if the phone is on a table and not in my pocket because the "menu" and "back" touch-buttons on my Samsung Galaxy S Advance can turn the screen on again very easily.
Keep on working on this app, i like it :)

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Thank you for the fast answer. I just tried the app out. I really like the "minimalism" design (small, clear, not too bright). Sadly i can just use the screen saver if the phone is on a table and not in my pocket because the "menu" and "back" touch-buttons on my Samsung Galaxy S Advance can turn the screen on again very easily.
Keep on working on this app, i like it :)

Thanks for the bug report. I haven't noticed on my test device. At least I should have thought about it :sigh:. Anyway its a easy fix. I might be busy tomorrow. Will push an update soon.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app

FringeNY

May 12, 2013
suggestion

I have another suggestion: The option to let notifications (e.g. E-mail, sms, whatsapp, missed calls) be shown in the screen saver. I don't know if you want to add this into your app at all, but for me it would be perfect.
And just relax, you don't get paid for this so you have all the time you need ;)

Reactions: vijai2011

windwarrior

Jan 21, 2011
Isla de Margarita
Well... i have a nexus 7 and love the day dream clock. I have a Xperia P that had something similar to that but was hard to activate, so i tried this on my Xperia... well, it is a little dissapointing, the text is very small, doesn't seems designed, and it's almost invisible, i had to doble chek there was something on the screen.

As a new app i think it's going the right way, only needs a little more work. Perhaps color and text size options. I'll keep it to see how it evolves :D

vijai2011

Oct 24, 2011
Well... i have a nexus 7 and love the day dream clock. I have a Xperia P that had something similar to that but was hard to activate, so i tried this on my Xperia... well, it is a little dissapointing, the text is very small, doesn't seems designed, and it's almost invisible, i had to doble chek there was something on the screen.

As a new app i think it's going the right way, only needs a little more work. Perhaps color and text size options. I'll keep it to see how it evolves :D

I have already increased the text size and the color. There will be an update soon enough. Although custom color/size is planned in future :)

LancerEvoDrifter

Oct 24, 2012
Houston
Photo Table?

Hi, first i want to add out, that this is the best daydream/ or the first i have ever used! second, i was just wondering if you are ever going to add photo table onto this app? because i use daydream only to put photos for my screensaver, it'll be nice if you are planning to consider that :) keep up the good work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,
    I have made original daydream app for android 2.2 till 4.2.2 and I wanted to test it on multiple devices.The description and feature lists are:
    Daydream:
    First ever Daydream feature app for pre 4.2!Supports Froyo(2.2), GingerBread(GB 2.3), HoneyComb(3.0), IceCream Sandwich(ICS 4.0) and Jelly Bean (JB 4.1 - 4.2)
    Features:

[*] Works from froyo till JB!

[*] Control when to run Daydream

[*] Option to have different Date formats

[*] Locks screen as soon as Daydreaming starts(requires administrator permission)

[*] Custom text on Daydream(Only on pro)

[*] Over 20 randomized text movement

[*] No ads or no nagging to buy pro!

Changelog:
    ******************V1.1******************

[*] Fixed screen flickering occasionally during calls

[*] Minor bug fixes

******************V1.2******************

[*] Disabled daydream while phone ringing or while in call (Hence the permission)

[*] Reduced app size drastically over 55% (~245 KB to 108 KB)

[*] Performance improvement

******************V1.3******************

[*] Increased text size and visibility

[*] Added option to lock device by default (Power button overrides this)

[*] Bug fixes

******************V1.4******************

[*] Various Bug fixes

[*] Ability to change text size and color!

Please try the app and report as many bugs as possible because I have to fix all those and release pro app bug free. Also please review the app (preferably on play :p)

This app was featured in the xda portal! Thanks to the portal team for writing about my app.
    On a comp fully expanded. seems normal now.

They keep playing around with the site this last week though.

Well, anyway it is going to keep the screen on and thus consume battery so it is not like phone in a deep sleep. But yet, dont get disappointed! Its going to run only on the min frequency and doesnt eat battery as heavy as skype! Never does a wake lock.
    suggestion

I have another suggestion: The option to let notifications (e.g. E-mail, sms, whatsapp, missed calls) be shown in the screen saver. I don't know if you want to add this into your app at all, but for me it would be perfect.
    And just relax, you don't get paid for this so you have all the time you need ;)