adb sees phone when off but not when it is in hboot or recovery

Search This thread

djrottweiler

Feb 27, 2008
If the answer to this is out there I am sorry TRUST me I have been searching. I have a phone a customer brought to me he tried flashing a rom and forgot to flash the boot.img, now it just sits at the HTC splash screen. I can see the phone when it is off but can't push any files to it via adb. When the phone is on no matter where I am in the recovery I can not see the phone in adb. If I leave it on the splash screen I am also not able to see it. PLEASE HELP :eek:

Daniel
AK Repair Guy

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Keep the power button + volume down button pressed as long as it takes to see the bootloader, plug the phone into the pc (and use the original usb cable and a usb 2.0 port)

Then try to fastboot it

Fastboot devices (if a serial pops up its oke)

You don't really need adb to fix a hox !

djrottweiler

Feb 27, 2008
Keep the power button + volume down button pressed as long as it takes to see the bootloader, plug the phone into the pc (and use the original usb cable and a usb 2.0 port)

Then try to fastboot it

Fastboot devices (if a serial pops up its oke)

You don't really need adb to fix a hox !

I am waiting for the phone to grab a charge again it died overnight. I have done what you mentioned but I was using a USB 3 port. Will that make that much of a difference? I just need to be able to get files on it so I can get it back for my customer.

Thanks Again
Daniel
AK Repair Guy

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Yes in some occasions it makes a very huge difference, usb 3 ports seems to have a bad relation with fastboot.

And files to the phone can be copied via the latest custom recoverys, mount it as a usb storage device inside it and it will pop up as a diskdrive on the pc !

Alex-V

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 26, 2008
Push the right boot.img to adb tools folder and flash it with fastboot flash boot boot.img

Not sure if you know...only wrote it to make this complete :)

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Reactions: Mr Hofs

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Push the right boot.img to adb tools folder and flash it with fastboot flash boot boot.img

LOL :good: :laugh:

Edit :

You forgot fastboot erase cache

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex-V

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

LOL :good: :laugh:

Edit :

You forgot fastboot erase cache