[TOOL] 06/22/14 One Click Factory Restore 4.4.4 KTU84P (dead or alive)

Search This thread

ATGAdmin

Feb 25, 2012
Western NY State
www.nyspctech.com
Warning this will erase your entire tablet and restore it to the way it was when you first turned it on!
I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download and install Win 7 DRIVERS
2) Download and extract Nexus7_2013_KTU84P_Restore.zip WIFI Flo, or Nexus7_Deb_KOT49H_Restore.zip for LTE version Deb, or Nexus7_Deb_KVT49L_Restore.zip for Verizon LTE Model
3) Turn on your tablet, and connect your tablet to the computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on the tablet)
4) Open up folder where you extracted the Nexus7_2013_KTU84P_Restore.zip WIFI Flo, or Nexus7_Deb_KOT49H_Restore.zip for LTE version Deb, or Nexus7_Deb_KVT49L_Restore.zip for Verizon LTE Model
5) Double Click on the "Recovery_Nexus7.bat" and follow the instructions,,,,it really is that easy! (watch video and follow along)
6) If your tablet will not boot and you need to restore, boot your tablet into fastboot (volume down and power) and click the "Dead_Nexus7.bat" file found in the folder.

For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hectdvR9Y6c

I'm NOT responsible if you bork your tablet because you can't follow simple instructions!

FAQ:
1) You will have to relock your bootloader after you restore. Tablet in fastboot and connected to pc open up command prompt in the folder where these files reside and type: "fastboot oem lock".
2)
You will be unrooted after this procedure
3) Your bootloader must be unlocked before using this utility.
If you can't handle these simple instructions, pickup one of these.

If you want to use pre-rooted images for FLO download this toolkit (will restore your tablet pre-rooted)
Nexus_7_Restore_Flo_Rooted.zip

CHANGE LOG:
06/22/14:
Updated With Images KTU84P Flo Wifi (Android 4.4.4)
06/04/14:
Updated With Images KTU84 Flo Wifi (Android 4.4.3)
12/12/13:
Updated With Images KOT49H Flo/Deb 4.4.2
11/20/13:
Updated With Images KRT16S Flo/Deb 4.4
11/15/13:
Updated With Images KRT16o Flo 4.4
11/14/13:
Updated With Images KRT16o Deb 4.4
10/13/13:
Updated With Images JLS36i Deb 4.3.1
09/19/13:
Updated With Images JSS15R Flo
09/16/13:
Updated With Images for Deb (LTE)
08/23/13:
Updated With Google Factory Images JSS15Q
08/09/13:
Updated With Google Factory Images JSS15J
08/08/13:
Uploaded new version with updated Bat files so they reflect being in "fastboot" before continuing for the few that couldn't follow a simple video ;)

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2010
Warning this will erase your entire tablet and restore it to the way it was when you first turned it on!

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Download and install DRIVERS
2) Download and extract Nexus 7 Restore.zip
3) Turn on your tablet, and connect your tablet to the computer (make sure you have USB Debugging enabled on the tablet)
4) Open up folder where you extracted the Nexus 7 Restore.zip
5) Double Click on the "Recovery_Nexus7.bat" and follow the instructions,,,,it really is that easy! (watch video and follow along)
6) If your tablet will not boot and you need to restore, boot your tablet into fastboot (volume down and power) and click the "Dead_Nexus7.bat" file found in the folder.

thank you so much! now I can get a warranty exchange from Best Buy, since I have 2 black dots under the screen :mad: :crying:

Jan 12, 2010

androidfr33k

Sep 29, 2012
Is this a windows only command or can I run this on a Mac? I have ADB and Fastboot running on the mac which is how I installed TWRP and rooted.

Thanks

zeroxia

Oct 28, 2011
bootloader will not be locked when using this process. but it is easy to lock the bootloader

in fastboot, type this in the command prompt:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
Then technically you can't say the device is restored to "when it was first turn on". I think fresh devices all have the bootloader locked.

Reactions: pelago

geoldr

Feb 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
You guys are worrying way too much about the bootloader. Its a nexus. It takes one simple command in fastboot to unlock it. Again, it's a nexus. Its meant to be easy to unlock so developers can mess with it.
This isn't some HTC or Samsung on Verizon.

Bootloader is not an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Jan 12, 2010
Why in adb it says my device is offline??

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

make sure USB debugging is checked.

if you don't know how to turn on USB debugging, go to settings > about tablet> clicked like 7 times on the build number. it should then say you're a developer
go back and into "developer options" and it will be there

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
make sure USB debugging is checked.

if you don't know how to turn on USB debugging, go to settings > about tablet> clicked like 7 times on the build number. it should then say you're a developer
go back and into "developer options" and it will be there

I have that checked adb sees my device but it says offline for some reason

Jan 12, 2010
Is this a windows only command or can I run this on a Mac? I have ADB and Fastboot running on the mac which is how I installed TWRP and rooted.

Thanks

Mac can use the code

Then technically you can't say the device is restored to "when it was first turn on". I think fresh devices all have the bootloader locked.

trust me, it isn't hard to unlock and lock the bootloader. it's really, really simple. Idk how to express how simple it is to lock and unlock :p

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I have that checked adb sees my device but it says offline for some reason

maybe the cable is bad, or the USB port is bad

I find that using one cable doesn't work and using another one does. so just mess with the cables

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
Mac can use the code

trust me, it isn't hard to unlock and lock the bootloader. it's really, really simple. Idk how to express how simple it is to lock and unlock :p

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

maybe the cable is bad, or the USB port is bad

I find that using one cable doesn't work and using another one does. so just mess with the cables

I tries my other cord and other usb port on my laptop but still saying offline this sucks i used the same chord and usb ports on my first gen n7 and it worked fine this weird

Reactions: Rickrocks013

Jan 12, 2010
I tries my other cord and other usb port on my laptop but still saying offline this sucks i used the same chord and usb ports on my first gen n7 and it worked fine this weird

did you update the android SDK and drivers? possibly only the drivers need to be updated

casonswag

Aug 31, 2011
Jacksonville
did you update the android SDK and drivers? possibly only the drivers need to be updated

Yessir just downloaded the nexus7 root zip from zedo max which has the latest sdk files but the drivers im not sure how to do that i went through the steps to manually find the android_winusb file but its not letting me install it

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

INSTRUCTIONS:
    1) Download and install Win 7 DRIVERS
    2) Download and extract Nexus7_2013_KTU84P_Restore.zip WIFI Flo, or Nexus7_Deb_KOT49H_Restore.zip for LTE version Deb, or Nexus7_Deb_KVT49L_Restore.zip for Verizon LTE Model
    4) Open up folder where you extracted the Nexus7_2013_KTU84P_Restore.zip WIFI Flo, or Nexus7_Deb_KOT49H_Restore.zip for LTE version Deb, or Nexus7_Deb_KVT49L_Restore.zip for Verizon LTE Model

For those that couldn't find their azzes if a target was painted on it, here's a link to the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hectdvR9Y6c

FAQ:
    1) You will have to relock your bootloader after you restore. Tablet in fastboot and connected to pc open up command prompt in the folder where these files reside and type: "fastboot oem lock".
    2)
    You will be unrooted after this procedure
    3) Your bootloader must be unlocked before using this utility.
    If you can't handle these simple instructions, pickup one of these.

If you want to use pre-rooted images for FLO download this toolkit (will restore your tablet pre-rooted)
    Nexus_7_Restore_Flo_Rooted.zip

CHANGE LOG:
    06/22/14:
    Updated With Images KTU84P Flo Wifi (Android 4.4.4)
    06/04/14:
    12/12/13:
    Updated With Images KOT49H Flo/Deb 4.4.2
    11/20/13:
    11/15/13:
    Updated With Images KRT16o Flo 4.4
    11/14/13:
    Updated With Images KRT16o Deb 4.4
    10/13/13:
    Updated With Images JLS36i Deb 4.3.1
    09/19/13:
    Updated With Images JSS15R Flo
    09/16/13:
    Updated With Images for Deb (LTE)
    08/23/13:
    Updated With Google Factory Images JSS15Q
    08/09/13:
    Updated With Google Factory Images JSS15J
    08/08/13:
    Uploaded new version with updated Bat files so they reflect being in "fastboot" before continuing for the few that couldn't follow a simple video ;)
    11/20/13:

See OP
    D
    Deleted member 2879886
    For a complete restore just run this while tablet is in fastboot mode (power off first, then press. Vol. Down and power button), once completed and rebooted go to SuperSu settings and select Full Unroot, when done, put tablet in Fastboot mode again and run fastboot command to lock bootloader (fastboot oem lock). You're now good to return your tablet or whatever.
    updated images

06/04/14:
    CHANGE LOG:
    08/09/13:
    Updated With Google Factory Images

You now have two choices in the OP
    1) Factory image restore
    2) Pre-Rooted Restore