5,594,386 Members 34,396 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App][2.3+]Popup Player for Youtube

Tip us?

digitalportal
Old
(Last edited by willverduzco; 29th July 2013 at 11:26 AM.) Reason: Link Added - WV
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Video [App][2.3+]Popup Player for Youtube

PopUp Player For YouTube allows you to watch videos and use other Android apps at the same time. This app is for users who want to multi-task on their Android devices.

Google Play Store Link

Features:
* Video player window hovers above all other running applications and runs in background
* Integrated YouTube video search inside app
* Top Daily Videos search shows the hottest videos updated daily (most used feature currently)
* Open YouTube links from web sites and Google's YouTube App (via Share) (*PopUp Player must be running first)
* Pinch to Re-size Support for adjusting windows (hide and maximize window)
* Video continues playing with screen turned off and lock screen on (useful for jogging and listening to videos)
* Works great on smaller smartphones screens and especially great on Tablets and (Glaxy S3, Note, Note II)
* Windows smoothly transition on landscape to portrait orientation change
* Continuous play mode plays entire search list back to back
* Use 'menu' device button to hide player window quickly
* Starts quicker than the stock YouTube app
Attached Files
File Type: apk PopupPlayerYouTube_xda.apk - [Click for QR Code] (2.05 MB, 1137 views)
The Following 27 Users Say Thank You to digitalportal For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Joaovictors
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fantastic!

(Is that all right? ->
i.imgur.com/E1rPOeJ.jpg)
Sent from my XT916 using xda app-developers app

Asadullah
Old
Thanks Meter 266

DONATE TO ME
First error message. Installed both apps on my ouya the browser works fine and resizes great but the youtube app isn't able to be resized since their isn't the resize tab on the bottom right. That's not really a big deal but for some reason the app forces a full screen mode and I couldn't get out of it for nothing had to do a reboot and it just kept on playing.
I'm thinking that on normal devices i could use the notification bar to get out of it but the ouya doesn't have a notification bar. I know that you can have shortcut keys to do certain things (saw it in the home sample) like exit or minimize. Thanks for your hard work and the app

vivekjain1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
just like canvas4 pop-up browser

phatmanxxl
Old
Thanks Meter 1062
Doesn't work on my Note 2 running SlimROM. Shame, I'd really like to see this bin action.
I am phatman and I am a flashaholic
Sprint LG-G2

digitalportal
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Wow, thats pretty brave to try to get this running on OUYA...

Regarding re-sizing, you can use pinch gesture to re-size as needed for Popup Player and Popup Browser ....will look into fixing any other issues you may run into for OUYA...

TECH NIQUE
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Awesome app keep the hard work up.

djcyph
Old
Thanks Meter 4
does this work with rooted devices? im getting the error "an error occured while initialzing the YouTube Player" and below that another error saying (SERVICE INVALID)

hen69
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good app

I had a dream, that I can block my screen and still be able to hear youtube sound

shinz14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
nice update!