phone is getting slower

Search This thread

TaLeNDiL

Oct 19, 2011
Istanbul
Hi guys. I'm using cm mods for like 2 years. But it seems that it's getting slower and slower. I guess the new apps need more ram or something. Is there any way I can make my i9000 faster? Should I go back to gingerbread? Or any rom you can suggest for faster use?

It's really annoying to use the phone lately. Always lag.

The Tox

Apr 8, 2012
Agadir
Hi guys. I'm using cm mods for like 2 years. But it seems that it's getting slower and slower. I guess the new apps need more ram or something. Is there any way I can make my i9000 faster? Should I go back to gingerbread? Or any rom you can suggest for faster use?

this is normal if you're on JB , try wipe dalvik-cache and use greenify

darkknigh_t

Jan 13, 2013
Its the rom. Greenify will help but my suggestion is to flash a new rom try gamerzrom :) no slownes nothing just speed :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

Al0one3

Jul 24, 2013

For my phone helped me wipe cache/dalvik cache/fix permissions and factory reset... After these wipes my rom runs fast and smooth but after 2-3 months I need to do it again because the phone getting slower again :) Try it if you want I hope this can help you :)

Reactions: TaLeNDiL

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
I just use CM7.2 stable and no lag plus I can use chainfire3D in some games which gives them an extra boost... not sure if chainfire3D is compatible with any other version

PRODIGSTAR

Jul 29, 2013
I am using GamerzROM and the Fly-On Script and I can tell that it's super smooth. I also ticked GPU Rendering in Developer options, it seems to me that it makes scrolling so much smoother and basically everything is working fast.

TaLeNDiL

Oct 19, 2011
Istanbul
Thanks for recommends. I installed gamerzrom and it's really good. I mean it's like i bought a new phone. I hope it won't do lag again after a week or so. If it will, then I'll try to add fly-on script I guess.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

For my phone helped me wipe cache/dalvik cache/fix permissions and factory reset... After these wipes my rom runs fast and smooth but after 2-3 months I need to do it again because the phone getting slower again :) Try it if you want I hope this can help you :)
    I just use CM7.2 stable and no lag plus I can use chainfire3D in some games which gives them an extra boost... not sure if chainfire3D is compatible with any other version
    I am using GamerzROM and the Fly-On Script and I can tell that it's super smooth. I also ticked GPU Rendering in Developer options, it seems to me that it makes scrolling so much smoother and basically everything is working fast.
    What is the difference between gamerzrom and CM???

Basically nothing. It's a rom with a modification of stock cm I guess. But very fast (compare to stock cm).