[GAME] 08-26-09 BubbleWrap

Search This thread

hermanm

Mar 26, 2008
Anyone up for popping Bubble Wrap?

If you have to kill some time, it is always fun to pop bubble wrap, unfortunately it may run out...

Not anymore...

Virtual bubble wrap is the way to go. Pop as many bubbles as you can within 45 seconds, they do regenerate in a funky sort of way.

If you pop all the bubbles before one has a chance to regenerate you get your time left on the clock times 5 added to your score.

Enjoy...

Supports VGA, QVGA, WQVGA and WVGA

If you are missing opengl, try the attached libGLES_CM.cab

Update v1.1
New Icon, Fixed minor bug

Attachments

• bubblewrap1.jpg
    bubblewrap1.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 645
  • bubblewrap2.jpg
    bubblewrap2.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 277
  • BubbleSetup.CAB
    273.8 KB · Views: 1,287
  • libGLES.CAB
    212 KB · Views: 583
Last edited:

megosu

Sep 6, 2008
is it normal that it is very slow ? (on a Diamond) without any UI (no manilla, no spb power shell... nothing).

It is like the screen is updated every seconds, I have time to pop out 10 bubbles before seeing them going flat :/

jimski

Jan 11, 2009
Florida
Works great on my Fuze, but there is a memory problem. After exiting game nothing shows in Task Manager but an active process (looking through MemMaid) remains open, bubblewrap.exe 1.74mb.

If you open the game again you get a second process :eek: occurance even after closing. Hope this can be resolved. I am already addicted.

hermanm

Mar 26, 2008
Works great on my Fuze, but there is a memory problem. After exiting game nothing shows in Task Manager but an active process (looking through MemMaid) remains open, bubblewrap.exe 1.74mb.

If you open the game again you get a second process :eek: occurance even after closing. Hope this can be resolved. I am already addicted.

i believe those issues are caused by opengl drivers you might have on your device, i ran the app on my phone (htc diamond) and it runs and closes without any issues. also tried on emulators and it seems to be fine. make sure that you do not have libGLES_CM.dll in the app directory (should be in windows dir only), also try to download attached libGLES.cab (i just put a different cab). let me know if it made any difference, thanks

megosu

Sep 6, 2008
is it normal that it is very slow ? (on a Diamond) without any UI (no manilla, no spb power shell... nothing).

It is like the screen is updated every seconds, I have time to pop out 10 bubbles before seeing them going flat :/

OK, I have some news :

without your OGL cab (the one from yesterday) : I got an internal error, I had to soft reset my diamond.
I decided to add your OGL cab (I did the install on the external storage) : It was slow as hell.
Then I tried to install the OGL cab on the device : still slooooow

then I uninstalled the OGL and now it works as it should ! (I guess)
I managed to score 205 points.

Besides this technical problems, for me, it's almost impossible to flat down the bubbles once they start to regenerate. I manage to do it in one shot, but if a bubble starts to regenerate, I can't catch up because everything is almost popping back at the same time, and you have to wait after them to become ready before being able to flat them down another time :/

btw nice game :)

cincy1020

Sep 21, 2007
Hi:
I tried to install on a Fuze with ATT ROM. I keep getting a message that the installation was unsuccessful. I do have ample free memory.
Thanks!

jimski

Jan 11, 2009
Florida
i believe those issues are caused by opengl drivers you might have on your device, i ran the app on my phone (htc diamond) and it runs and closes without any issues. also tried on emulators and it seems to be fine. make sure that you do not have libGLES_CM.dll in the app directory (should be in windows dir only), also try to download attached libGLES.cab (i just put a different cab). let me know if it made any difference, thanks

I ugraded to the new HTC/ATT ROM last night so my device is now pretty clean (and much faster). I checked and I only have one LIBGLES_CM.dll on my device, located in the \windows\ folder. Size = 319.9K & date = 11/26/08. This is the same file that was on my original stock ROM. How is this file different from the one in your CAB? How will it affect my device? With a clean setup I just want to make sure I don't mess anything up.

BTW, I tried opening a half dozen games, including Magic 8 Ball and Peg Jump. None of the games left anything behind, but Bubblewrap still left the .exe running.

Thanks for your efforts.

Zd0s

Jan 3, 2010
Southampton
Good but slow

i love games like these but it runs slow on my HTC Kaiser is there anywhy of making it faster

Zac Santer