Search This thread

goast

Aug 18, 2012
Hinesville, Ga
Anyone know of a good 4.3 gapps package

The one muzzy had up was a core one with just basics PA also has a set up

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Edit let me know if you want the core ones I'll drop box them

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

http://db.tt/iJmwLpsJ

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
The one muzzy had up was a core one with just basics PA also has a set up

Edit let me know if you want the core ones I'll drop box them

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

http://db.tt/iJmwLpsJ

Alright, thanks for that but this build still has no data, back to the drawing board. :eek:

AndroidUzer

Aug 5, 2011
California
[GAPPS][4.3] Google Apps for AOSP-based ROMs [29 July]

Anyone know of a good 4.3 gapps package

IT_Blackbelt,

Have you already seen this package from doomed151?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2379296
NOTE: Non-odexed Android 4.3 ROMs only

Here is another version of 4.3 Gapps (gapps-jb-20130729.zip) on Dev-host that I have not seen until today:
http://d-h.st/9V3

It would be EPIC to see you develop a fully functional 4.3 ROM!

I ran ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.3 for an hour or so yesterday but NO data.

jaybob413 was not using the gapps from the above link though, It was pa_gapps-full-4.3-20130802-signed.
I am pretty sure my data woes were not related to the version of gapps I was running.

Good luck!

Last edited:

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
IT_Blackbelt,

Have you already seen this package from doomed151?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2379296
NOTE: Non-odexed Android 4.3 ROMs only

Here is another version of 4.3 Gapps (gapps-jb-20130729.zip) on Dev-host that I have not seen until today:
http://d-h.st/9V3

It would be EPIC to see you develop a fully functional 4.3 ROM!

I ran ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.3 for an hour or so yesterday but NO data.

jaybob413 was not using the gapps from the above link though, It was pa_gapps-full-4.3-20130802-signed.
I am pretty sure my data woes were not related to the version of gapps I was running.

Good luck!

Yeah I doubt it had anything to do with what gapps you were using. Between 4.2.2 and 4.3, they changed how the radio binaries work so the official sprint binaries wont work anymore until they are updated (bad news here is that I've read sprint is done with the gnex) and as you have experienced, the unofficial binaries need a fix to the code base that no other device requires, and even that is buggy at the moment. We are working on it, when there is an update I promise to let yall know.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
I know we just added it but, we are going to remove theme chooser, some had random issues with it and all the maintainers (CM for the most part) are also dropping it as it was never great.

killersloth

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 7, 2011
I know we just added it but, we are going to remove theme chooser, some had random issues with it and all the maintainers (CM for the most part) are also dropping it as it was never great.

I used to religiously use theme chooser, until recently. Just throw on a holo blue oriented wallpaper and I'm good to go. Got tired of transparent texts and unreadable notifications with some theme/ROM combos lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
Don't have much to add. This is the only ROM I've found that I cannot find any issues. Everything works with no bugs for me to report yet. There's always some few things I need to work that just has issues on everything else I've used. I hope you all keep this as close to stock as possible with a few minimal items added that are known to not cause any issues. I'll report back if I ever find anything.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Don't have much to add. This is the only ROM I've found that I cannot find any issues. Everything works with no bugs for me to report yet. There's always some few things I need to work that just has issues on everything else I've used. I hope you all keep this as close to stock as possible with a few minimal items added that are known to not cause any issues. I'll report back if I ever find anything.

Glad our ROM is working out so well for you, we do plan on keeping it very close to stock so you should enjoy our 4.3 release once its out, we both have been very busy in real life, but we are working on it.

negreenfield

Mar 6, 2010
Glad our ROM is working out so well for you, we do plan on keeping it very close to stock so you should enjoy our 4.3 release once its out, we both have been very busy in real life, but we are working on it.

Thanks for the info. I have had something happen that I used to see on CM sometimes, the phone won't charge occasionally, it seems like it only happens after heavy use, for example today I was running Waze and listening to music. Closed Waze and PowerAmp, got home to charge it and it wouldn't charge. Seems like only a reboot will get it to charge. I figure something is causing the phone to be in a state where it's still using a lot of power and won't charge similar to trying to charge while using GPS or something.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for the info. I have had something happen that I used to see on CM sometimes, the phone won't charge occasionally, it seems like it only happens after heavy use, for example today I was running Waze and listening to music. Closed Waze and PowerAmp, got home to charge it and it wouldn't charge. Seems like only a reboot will get it to charge. I figure something is causing the phone to be in a state where it's still using a lot of power and won't charge similar to trying to charge while using GPS or something.

Probably theme chooser, its going to be gone in the next release.

AndroidUzer

Aug 5, 2011
California
Back to Crossbones...

Hello IT_Blackbelt,

I'm getting ready to flash back to 2.3.3.

Before I do I wanted to check in to see if you have anything in the pipeline I should wait for?

There are a couple 4.3 releases I have been checking out but they all have one issue or another...

mwielgosz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2010
xbones.org
Hello IT_Blackbelt,

Before I do I wanted to check in to see if you have anything in the pipeline I should wait for?

There are a couple 4.3 releases I have been checking out but they all have one issue or another...

I have a few build errors to fix for the 4.3 build so its on its way. That being said, its not coming out tomorrow, and the first builds will be for maguro and grouper.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

Reactions: AndroidUzer

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Hello IT_Blackbelt,

Mike will be doing most, if not all the work for a while, I dropped by phone in water over the weekend, and i am giving it a week to see if it turns back on. If not im just waiting until the new nexus comes out and switching to tmobile.

Reactions: AndroidUzer

sirxdroid

Nov 21, 2012
Mike will be doing most, if not all the work for a while, I dropped by phone in water over the weekend, and i am giving it a week to see if it turns back on. If not im just waiting until the new nexus comes out and switching to tmobile.

Sorry to hear. These phones on Sprint are fairly cheap used on craigslist. Even cheaper if the ESN is bad and you can just move the ESN from your phone.

IT_Blackbelt

Jun 27, 2012
Sorry to hear. These phones on Sprint are fairly cheap used on craigslist. Even cheaper if the ESN is bad and you can just move the ESN from your phone.

I actually don't have sprint service anymore anyways, had to cancel, i was just using it as a tablet and did all my texting from google voice and calls from hangouts over wifi lol

I know, ima cheap ass

AndroidUzer

Aug 5, 2011
California
Fast, Smooth & Reliable

I forgot how much I liked this ROM!

It was fun checking out 4.3 for a while but I am glad to be back on 4.2.2

For those of you into synthetic benchmarks:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-44-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-44-36.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 157
  • Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-40-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-40-26.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 165
  • Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-54-32.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-54-32.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 156
  • Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-49-58.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-27-16-49-58.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 154

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    xlle6g.png

mwielgosz - Lead Developer
    IT Blackbelt - Developer

Current version: 2.3.3
    This custom Android project is built off of Google android-4.2.2_r1.2 source code.
    The FEATURE list can be found here
    The CHANGELOG can be found here

Source code:
    https://github.com/Crossbones

------------------------------------------

Installation instructions:
    * Wipe your phone through recovery
    * Flash ROM
    * Flash gapps
    * Reboot

------------------------------------------

Download links:
    Current Version: 2.3.3 (Jellybean-4.2.2)
    ROM: 2.3.3 Download
    GAPPS: Official Gapps

Rom Updated, enjoy!
    I have a build going of a 100% stock 4.3 build thats rooted and has busy box included, only reason I havent included other features is because I want to see if data works before I do all that, but im fairly confident that there will be working data ;)
    OP updated, enjoy!
    Wondering if this is dead? Still using the last update. Every thing still working smooth.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium HD app

Nope not dead, we both have been busy with life and we wanted to make the next release a great 1 so it's just taking a little time :p