Rooted and Unlocked... Explain please?

Search This thread

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com
Hello,

Pardon the noobness... Even when I have been working with phones and tablets for a while, I have to ask now... what is the difference between Unlocking and Rooting the TF700 when it comes to features, ROM flashing, etc?

Thanks!

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
Pardon the noobness... Even when I have been working with phones and tablets for a while, I have to ask now... what is the difference between Unlocking and Rooting the TF700 when it comes to features, ROM flashing, etc?

I'm sure this is in some FAQ... but unlocking voids your warranty and allows you to install custom kernels and recoveries (and custom ROMs). With a custom recovery you can also always root your ROM.

Rooting without unlocking requires some exploitable bug (currently, Motochopper works) and then allows you to modify the system partition and direct access to all files on your device, including apps and app data (e.g. for backup).

Reactions: Mordred69

Mordred69

Jun 20, 2011
San Juan, PR
www.hammedsilva.com
I'm sure this is in some FAQ... but unlocking voids your warranty and allows you to install custom kernels and recoveries (and custom ROMs). With a custom recovery you can also always root your ROM.

Rooting without unlocking requires some exploitable bug (currently, Motochopper works) and then allows you to modify the system partition and direct access to all files on your device, including apps and app data (e.g. for backup).

Awesome! While I do know unlocking voids the warranty and what a custom recovery is for, you've answered my query when you explained about exploit and compared limitations and features.

Many thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.