Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,095 Members 40,702 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[App]: ADB Root Hijack [ADB Runs as Root now]

Tip us?

ae1990
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Default ubuntu 11.10 directions please?

Originally used windows to root than i unrooted and windows wouldnt cooperate so i used linux ubuntu with the nars file to reroot. After this i had trouble using the snowball update for already rooted nook tablet (still no success just shows daemon running and just waits) now i would like to update tp be able to run this update from indirects original script in nars. Please either post a walk through or video. Thank you in advance

J.Abaraxas
Old
(Last edited by J.Abaraxas; 8th January 2012 at 06:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 20
Hi all, this worked perfectly for me to update my wifes nook to the latest script however i would like to know a way to restore adb back to normal after ive used the hijack since it no longer detects the sd card on the nook itself and while windows does detect it in usb mode, it doesnt allow access to it since the nook is permanently in adb mode... ive removed the sd card from the nook and checked it on the pc by itself and it works fine all my files are there... any help restoring the default adb would be GREATLY appreciated and once again great app it did everything i wanted it to

mlb107
Old
(Last edited by mlb107; 16th January 2012 at 05:36 PM.) Reason: Found what I was looking for in another thread.
Thanks Meter 0
Nevermind.

McFlinty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks Indirect had wanted to try a different launcher to see whether I preferred it and didn't really want to go through the unrooting/re-rooting process, plus now updating when required will be much easier... perfect

nababan
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indirect View Post
Indirect is proud to present you with ADB Hijacker

Note: This modification will remove any custom clrbootcount.sh scripts

Alright, what this application does, is hijacks adb using a root version instead which means from now on, you can do "adb remount" and things like that. This comes with all the needed files within the app and it also extracts them so no worries!

After you run the app once and click that magical button then you can reboot and you will have adb autostart as root so you can even uninstall the app afterwards. As of now, we do not have automount killed. However: I learned that adb stays on even while in usb mode.

Download Link:
Here

Screenshots: Uploading
hi.. could you re-upload the file because it was removed from dropbox