5,596,354 Members 38,574 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ION ROM/MOD Roger JB Stock Prerooted and Flashable in Recovery, UB/LB

Tip us?

optimumpro
Old
(Last edited by optimumpro; 3rd August 2013 at 07:42 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Default ION ROM/MOD Roger JB Stock Prerooted and Flashable in Recovery, UB/LB

This is my first Rom/Mod for Android, a flashable (in recovery) prerooted version of the latest stock Roger Jelly Bean for LT28i. Prerooted and debloated with extreme privacy in mind. Removed were all face book, all social apps, all google apps including gsf and others. I even removed stock Messaging and Conversations. I recommend instead K9 Mail and TextSecure both free and available on the internet.

Other than rooting and debloating, no changes have been made. Since Sony hasn't released the official non-branded jelly bean version for LT28i, this rom/mod should help the users.

Again, this is the latest prerooted Xperia LT28i Roger's Jelly Bean stock, which as of today still can't be rooted post installation.

WARNING: If you soft/hard brick your phone, it is NOT my fault. Do it at your own peril. If you feel like complaining, NSA might listen.

Usual Instructions:

1. Enter Recovery;
2. Triple Format (format System, Cache, Data)
3. Flash Roger zip.

If you were on JB Kernel before, you are done, just Reboot and enjoy.
If you were on ICS, don't reboot, instead turn off your phone and do the following:

4. Flash JB Kernel from either Rogers or LT28h stock ftf. Untick everything and exclude everything, but kernel.

This is the download link:

http://yadi.sk/d/1QT20Q6l7UJfU

To download, put your cursor on the file and click the arrow/download button on the right.

Enjoy.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to optimumpro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nelikp
Old
Thanks Meter 2499
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimumpro View Post
This is my first Rom/Mod for Android, a flashable (in recovery) prerooted version of the latest stock Roger Jelly Bean for LT28i. Prerooted and debloated with extreme privacy in mind. Removed were all face book, all social apps, all google apps including gsf and others. I even removed stock Messaging and Conversations. I recommend instead K9 Mail and TextSecure both free and available on the internet.

Other than rooting and debloating, no changes have been made. Since Sony hasn't released the official jelly bean non branded version for LT28i, this rom/mod should help the users.

Again, this is prerooted latest Rogers Jelly Bean stock, which as of today still can't be rooted post installation.

WARNING: If you soft/hard brick your phone, it is NOT my fault. Do it at your own peril If you feel like complaining, NSA might listen.

Usual Instructions:

1. Enter Recovery;
2. Triple Format (format System, Cache, Data)
3. Flash Roger zip.

If you were on JB Kernel before, you are done, just Reboot and enjoy.
If you were on ICS, don't reboot, instead do the following:

4. Flash JB Kernel from either Rogers or LT28h stock ftf. Untick everything and exclude everything, but kernel.

This is the download link:

http://yadi.sk/d/1QT20Q6l7UJfU

Enjoy.
good try

a few screen shots would be great
The Following User Says Thank You to nelikp For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimumpro
Old
(Last edited by optimumpro; 2nd August 2013 at 07:29 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelikp View Post
good try

a few screen shots would be great
I thought since I haven't made any changes to stock firmware, there is no need for screen shots. Once you reboot, you will see the usual JB screen and you'll have Superuser in your application drawer. You will also have E (as 2g), 4g (as 3g) and Lte, which is still smarter than AT&T's combined 4g icon. You will notice a much better battery life, especially that this disgusting google services framework that is basically connected to "home" all the time and records/transmits everything you do with your phone is gone. In my view, any "home" application, such as gmail, gplus, youtube, facebook or else, have just one purpose: to spy and record all your activities. You don't need those to access the associated services.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to optimumpro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimumpro
Old
(Last edited by optimumpro; 3rd August 2013 at 07:27 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Here is a screenshot of my battery life. I am able to get 24 hours on a single charge with about 1 hour of voice calls over wifi and 4g, wifi on 24/7, 2 sip accounts active 24/7, moderate internet usage, messaging and K9 mail client on 24/7 (synching 5 mail accounts). Note WIFI taking 16% and Csipsimple (sip client) 13%. If I only use cellular voice calls, I get about 31-32 hours, which is pretty decent.

Moderators, I know you would want to move this post to the battery life section, but please don't, The purpose of this here is to illustrate my point on getting rid of social apps, google apps and google services framework and their effect on battery life.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-03-01-24-29[1].jpg
Views:	1433
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	2162557   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-08-03-01-24-42[1].jpg
Views:	1381
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	2162565  

peddarson
Old
Thanks Meter 46
looks and sounds really good!
but I'd recommend a better Rom name...for example slim stock jb or something like that...

Toledo_JAB
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1672
Not sure the development section is the best place for a stock ftf file.
Yes I know it is pre rooted,
but DooMLoRd has made a windows script to root stock jelly bean.
And to get LTE you just flash the ICS lt28i baseband.
Also in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already.

For now, as this thread contains NO development, this thread is moved to the general section.

Moderating from my Xperia ION on 4.1.2 & RooTED by DooMLoRD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyphur View Post
Let me be very clear on this:
IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY,
THEN YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T BE HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE.

optimumpro
Old
(Last edited by optimumpro; 4th August 2013 at 09:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toledo_JAB View Post
Not sure the development section is the best place for a stock ftf file.
Yes I know it is pre rooted,
but DooMLoRd has made a windows script to root stock jelly bean.
And to get LTE you just flash the ICS lt28i baseband.
Also in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already.

For now, as this thread contains NO development, this thread is moved to the general section.

Moderating from my Xperia ION on 4.1.2 & RooTED by DooMLoRD.
With all due respect, but

1. This is not an ftf file, but rather a zip flashable in CWM;
2. DoomLord's script CANNOT root Roger's LT28i jelly bean
3. Flashing LTE from ISC results in a buggy LTE connection, which indicates that apparently there are changes in JB LT28i radio
4. "in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already" That is true for any other rom/mod posted in development section. You can't get CWM unles you have root.

Right now, there is no way to root Roger's JB and the same is the only official release for LT28i. So, my mod/rom is the only way to have prerooted JB for LT28i (as opposed to LT28h).

Kindly return this thread to development section.

Regards
The Following User Says Thank You to optimumpro For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Mr Patchy Patch
Old
(Last edited by Mr Patchy Patch; 5th August 2013 at 12:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
With all due respect, but

1. This is not an ftf file, but rather a zip flashable in CWM;
2. DoomLord's script CANNOT root Roger's LT28i jelly bean
3. Flashing LTE from ISC results in a buggy LTE connection, which indicates that apparently there are changes in JB LT28i radio
4. "in order to get CWM recovery on your ION it needs to be rooted already" That is true for any other rom/mod posted in development section. You can't get CWM unles you have root.

Right now, there is no way to root Roger's JB and the same is the only official release for LT28i. So, my mod/rom is the only way to have prerooted JB for LT28i (as opposed to LT28h).

Kindly return this thread to development section.

Regards

Wrong!!!
Doomlords script CAN root rogers jellybean firmware because i already provided him the kernel.sin and build.prop to do it. He added the update to his thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327473

[S/Ion/AcroS][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17){perf_event exploit}[20130717]
Nokia Lumia 920
-----------------------
HTC DREAM
HTC MAGIC
LG EVE (god awful)
HTC PURE
NEXUS ONE
SONY XPERIA X10
SAMSUNG GALAXY S CAPTIVATE
SAMSUNG FOCUS (lovin' WP7 as well)
XPERIA X10a Rooted!!!
ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE!!!
HTC RAIDER....Unlocked Booty, and Rooted! It's all I need
Google's Samsung Nexus S w/ICS
SONY XPERIA X10
SAMSUNG GALAXY S GTI9000
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 ROOTED WITH JELLYBEAN 4.1.1
SONY XPERIA ION....Completely done with Sony and there garbage
And more
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Patchy Patch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

optimumpro
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 747

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Patchy Patch View Post
Wrong!!!
Doomlords script CAN root rogers jellybean firmware because i already provided him the kernel.sin and build.prop to do it. He added the update to his thread.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327473

[S/Ion/AcroS][ROOT] DooMLoRD Easy Rooting Toolkit (v17){perf_event exploit}[20130717]

Nope. You are WRONG. This version says (when tried) LT29i not supported...

Mr Patchy Patch
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Nope. You are WRONG. This version says (when tried) LT29i not supported...
Go to the link i gave and download the toolkit from that page from doomlords post.
Rogers jellybean firmware CAN be rooted with that update link!!!
IM USING IT RIGHT NOW!!!!
And its LT28i
Not lt29i
Nokia Lumia 920
-----------------------
HTC DREAM
HTC MAGIC
LG EVE (god awful)
HTC PURE
NEXUS ONE
SONY XPERIA X10
SAMSUNG GALAXY S CAPTIVATE
SAMSUNG FOCUS (lovin' WP7 as well)
XPERIA X10a Rooted!!!
ROOTED Samsung Galaxy S2 LTE!!!
HTC RAIDER....Unlocked Booty, and Rooted! It's all I need
Google's Samsung Nexus S w/ICS
SONY XPERIA X10
SAMSUNG GALAXY S GTI9000
SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 ROOTED WITH JELLYBEAN 4.1.1
SONY XPERIA ION....Completely done with Sony and there garbage
And more

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr Patchy Patch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
jelly bean 4.1.2, lt28i, prerooted