Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,097 Members 44,036 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] The help of experts

Tip us?
 
pryerlee
Old
(Last edited by pryerlee; 4th August 2013 at 07:20 PM.)
#31  
pryerlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 477
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bristol
have a go with ICS and if you don't like just flash back to gingerbread (hope you made a nandroid backup of gingerbread) if you didn't then you'll have to download gingerbread from here http://get.cm/get/2Kl go into recovery select the CM7.2 .zip file and flash it. the recovery will bootloop (don't worry that's normal) pull battery, reinstall battery, do 3 button combo to get into recovery then select "reboot recovery" and it'll install gingerbread, or try CM10... here's all the CyanogenMod roms http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd or download a custom rom from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1837223 goodluck
 
DevastatedSoul
Old
#32  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryerlee View Post
have a go with ICS and if you don't like just flash back to gingerbread (hope you made a nandroid backup of gingerbread) if you didn't then you'll have to download gingerbread from here http://get.cm/get/2Kl go into recovery select the CM7.2 .zip file and flash it. the recovery will bootloop (don't worry that's normal) pull battery, reinstall battery, do 3 button combo to get into recovery then select "reboot recovery" and it'll install gingerbread, or try CM10... here's all the CyanogenMod roms http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd or download a custom rom from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1837223 goodluck
what about battery life it's get empty faster than the past?
 
pryerlee
Old
(Last edited by pryerlee; 5th August 2013 at 09:50 AM.)
#33  
pryerlee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 477
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Bristol
fully charge battery then boot into recovery, select advance options then wipe battery stats, reboot, also select CyanogenMod settings and lower the CPU frequency, you'll lose performance but save battery. you could also add some init.d scripts or maybe add some tweaks to the built prop.
The Following User Says Thank You to pryerlee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Soryuu
Old
#34  
Soryuu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 408
Posts: 1,041
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Auckland
Just a note I want to add, I read through the pages- if you want to go from ICS to CM7, I'm pretty sure you have to flash stock, re-root and flash CM7 from stock 2.3.6. Otherwise it won't boot and you'll get a bootloop.
Although maybe ICS allows you to do that? I've only done CM9 -> stock restore, so I don't know how well CM9 -> CM7 works.

On the safe side, flash stock 2.3.6, root and flash CM7 from there. Although as pryerleee suggested try going straight from ICS to CM7. It might work...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD
The Following User Says Thank You to Soryuu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
The Tox
Old
#35  
The Tox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 422
Posts: 666
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Agadir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevastatedSoul View Post
oh thx so far the rom is ok but the battrey life is low a and i disabled the 3g network to 2g and the muisc player strange alittle bit i can't find option on it can play music my folders.
does your rom have a music play ? if not download a player from play store ( apollo for exemple )
Device: LG Nexus 4 MAKO
ROM : Multirom ( Internal : Mahdi ) and Others.
Android : 4.4.4
Kernel : AK Kernel
Theme Chooser : Mianogen and Herathon
 
DevastatedSoul
Old
#36  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 37
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tox View Post
does your rom have a music play ? if not download a player from play store ( apollo for exemple )
already have Apollo but there is no option to selcet the music by folder this option was on GB by defult
 
The Tox
Old
#37  
The Tox's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 422
Posts: 666
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Agadir
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevastatedSoul View Post
already have Apollo but there is no option to selcet the music by folder this option was on GB by defult
i don't know
you can create playliste
Device: LG Nexus 4 MAKO
ROM : Multirom ( Internal : Mahdi ) and Others.
Android : 4.4.4
Kernel : AK Kernel
Theme Chooser : Mianogen and Herathon

The Following User Says Thank You to The Tox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes