[Q] Galaxy note 2 not booting after rom installation?

Search This thread

xRabidDonutz

Jan 12, 2013
I have tried flashing 2 different roms on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2, both of which no matter how many times I install them they are stuck at the boot screen and will not boot up.
I do a factory reset, wipe my cache and dalvik cache, and then install the rom from my SD card.
I have flashed 2 roms before, which I do not remember the names of, and had no issues other than in incident where I tried to flash a rom forgetting to wipe my previous one resulting in me just restoring a backup and having no further issues.
I'm using CWM recovery 6.0.1.9

I am also on a stock rom, recently rooted again

Last edited:

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
I have tried flashing 2 different roms on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2, both of which no matter how many times I install them they are stuck at the boot screen and will not boot up.
I do a factory reset, wipe my cache and dalvik cache, and then install the rom from my SD card.
I have flashed 2 roms before, which I do not remember the names of, and had no issues other than in incident where I tried to flash a rom forgetting to wipe my previous one resulting in me just restoring a backup and having no further issues.

Factory reset and cache/dalvik won't do it. You need to wipe the system partition and data as well. Granted I haven't used CWM in years, but last I knew their "factory reset" didn't touch system.

Reactions: xRabidDonutz

xRabidDonutz

Jan 12, 2013
Factory reset and cache/dalvik won't do it. You need to wipe the system partition and data as well. Granted I haven't used CWM in years, but last I knew their "factory reset" didn't touch system.

The option does say wipe data\factory reset. but I don't know how to wipe the system partition. Is that something I can do in CWM? Also, would you recommend a different recovery? I've just used CWM for about a year and haven't tried an alternative.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.