CWM 6.0.2.8 for Allwinner A10 & A13 Tablets - v2a

Search This thread

alimooghashang

Nov 11, 2010
thanks
i installed cwm6028-a13-11part-v2.zip but when i want to install update.zip it says cannot mount sdcard
what to do now?

guatatiboa

Jul 1, 2009
Hi

I flashed cwm6028-a13-10part-v2.zip, i tried to reboot into recovery pressing volume and power button but it didn´t work so i tried "echo -e 'boot-recovery\0' > /dev/block/nandf; sync" from the terminal Emulator app.

It rebooted into recovery and got stuck. I can´t flash anyrom, mount sd, cache, data, etc. I tried to flash using livesuit and i get this error "Upgrade fails : 0x162 ÉÕдʧ°Ü2".
I tried even with phoenix card and i get this error :
sprite update error: fail to scan flash infomation
current card sprite failed
now hold the machine.

I can not get out of the cwm recovery and i don´t know whatelse to do, can anybody please help me?

Thanks

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
Update to my post above about editing a recovery image

Seems that this tools allows for doing the job on a Windows box: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2036528
So a Linux machine is not required.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Hi

I flashed cwm6028-a13-10part-v2.zip, i tried to reboot into recovery pressing volume and power button but it didn´t work so i tried "echo -e 'boot-recovery\0' > /dev/block/nandf; sync" from the terminal Emulator app.

It rebooted into recovery and got stuck. I can´t flash anyrom, mount sd, cache, data, etc. I tried to flash using livesuit and i get this error "Upgrade fails : 0x162 ÉÕдʧ°Ü2".
What image did you try to flash, specifically? is this a Livesuit image for your precise tablet model you've obtained from the reseller or manufacturer?
Livesuit can be moody at times. Try on a different computer. Your best bet is to use an old trusted Windows XP. Windows 7 is known to cause trouble sometimes and Windows 8 is a no-no.
Flashing a recovery can not have corrupted anything that would prevent you from reflashing using Livesuit. The FEL code that handles flashing from Livesuit is burnt into the SOC, so it can't be overwritten (by us mere mortals anyway). Keep trying, provided that you have the correct image, of course.
Try googling "livesuit error 0x162" too. It's a common error, you may find useful hints.

guatatiboa

Jul 1, 2009
Seems that this tools allows for doing the job on a Windows box: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2036528
So a Linux machine is not required.

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

What image did you try to flash, specifically? is this a Livesuit image for your precise tablet model you've obtained from the reseller or manufacturer?
Livesuit can be moody at times. Try on a different computer. Your best bet is to use an old trusted Windows XP. Windows 7 is known to cause trouble sometimes and Windows 8 is a no-no.
Flashing a recovery can not have corrupted anything that would prevent you from reflashing using Livesuit. The FEL code that handles flashing from Livesuit is burnt into the SOC, so it can't be overwritten (by us mere mortals anyway). Keep trying, provided that you have the correct image, of course.
Try googling "livesuit error 0x162" too. It's a common error, you may find useful hints.

Thanks for the hints. I´ve tried to flash a lot of img, it´s a generic chinese tablet with no brand so i had to google, i found several img for tablets with this hardware but not a single one seems to work, i wanted to try with cm but since i needed to flash it by recovery i can not. It´s a Yeahpad A13 or Q88.

Regarding the livesuit error, i googled it in the first place, i found people who solved flashing the right img and some other that just didn´t, but nothing useful. I´ll try on an xp computer but the tablet does not even get in cwm now, i think i have a nice paperweight:laugh:

Last edited:

s-android

Aug 25, 2009
a10,part 10
after flashing the correct recovery (even another one),it says cant mount anything (in cwm)

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
I've managed to use the A10 variant of this CWM Recovery on another one of my tablets.
It works fine apart from the buttons. The vol+ button goes up, the vol- button selects, so does the power button. Anyway CWM menus are well-thought so they can be navigated in one direction only :)
I know that the keycode assignments are hardcoded into the ./sbin/recovery image (aren't they?), so I was wondering if there's any way to patch the binary?

Last edited:

puma99dk|

Jun 13, 2012
now i have tired this firmware too to see if i can get my software bricked tablet op and run and i can't :(

this firmware here:

A13_MID_nuclear_pfdq88c-eng-IMM76D-Factory_Image_[TechKnowForum.net].img @ 254img

i just get this error:

Livesuit: Upgrade fails : 0x162 ÉÕдʧ°Ü2

and if i try another firmware i found in this thread called ME-110_Android_4.1.1_JB-20130406.img @ 669mb, when that one is loaded live suit is as dead and dead it self :(

so i could really use some help here.

ravsss

Mar 24, 2012
Hi,

I played with my tablet and of course somthing goes wrong, and now my tablet still hanging on android logo. Becouse i have no idea what brand it is, and what manufacture... i've opened tablet to see what is inside (speaker lost :) :) ) but i have noticed that this is allwiner a10 chipset. So I started diging how to back to life my tablet and first what i have to do is flash cwm on my tablet. When i connect my tablet to pc (is hangin on android logo) i still can push file over adb to it, and use adb shell, so i've tried push difrent version of cwm on to tablet and try to run cwm recovery but... all the time after vol+ plus power give me screen with exclemation mark.

here is output from my console

recovery.img
reboot-recovery.sh
install-recovery.sh
# sh install-recovery.
sh install-recovery.sh
-- CWM-based Recovery
-- Installation comple
# sh reboot-recovery.s
sh reboot-recovery.sh

why i still can't run cwm recovery and put some rom on my tablet ?? Any ideas for help ?? All the time exclamation mark and no cwm :(

thanks,
ras

Last edited:

teekex

Sep 3, 2012
www.laterp.net
Works great on MyTab 7" inch (LINK)

Code:
root@android:/ # cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor	: ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS	: 1001.88
Features	: swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3 
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant	: 0x3
CPU part	: 0xc08
CPU revision	: 2

Hardware	: sun5i
Revision	: a13b

root@android:/ # cat /proc/partitions
major minor  #blocks  name

93        0      26384 nanda
  93        8      16384 nandb
  93       16      32768 nandc
  93       24     524288 nandd
  93       32    1228800 nande
  93       40      16384 nandf
  93       48      32768 nandg
  93       56     262144 nandh
  93       64     262144 nandi
  93       72    1472752 nandj

Shawhifox

May 26, 2010
It doesn't work for me :(

My last NAND entry was nandj, CPU A13 sun5i so I installed the CWM for A13-10. After installing CWM the tablet only boots into the recovery with these lines at the lower part of the screen:

E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

I can access to the sdcard and flash new zip files. I tried to flash cyanogenmod and installs correctly (a part from two errors related to "/recovery/last_install" but still boot directly into the recovery. Also I tried to flash the rest of the A13 CWM (9 and 11) but the result is the same. And with Livesuite all the installs fail at the 5% with a 0x162 error.

Any idea? The "brand" doesn't have any firmware on his website.:rolleyes:

------------

Edit: I tried at least 15 ROMs and Livesuite is incapable of flashing a single one. I can't remove CWM.

-----------

After spending a lot of hours downloading and failing to flash the ROMs, finally found one that worked! I remembered some info about the build.prop, and with this I found a blog with a collection of ROM and data about the Alwinner CPU's. And one of the uploaded files matched the same info (Inet-86VS-REV01) printed into the board.

So if someone has the same tablet don't install CWM! And if you did, here is the link:

http://moveontechnology.com/hugoenchina/?page_id=220

http://dfiles.eu/files/mus464gwg

Last edited:

sodade21

Jun 4, 2011
Megara, Greece, Greece
i finally was able to install everything.. it boots normaly but the touchscreen does not work at all... nothing i touch is working... my tablet is apollo quicki 728 allwinner a13 i made all the checks before i installed and im positive i did installed the right rom...what can i do?

Also now that i cannot touch the screen i cannot enable the usb storage so basicaly i cannot access cwm!! the button combination does not work for me... so i cannot connect the device with adb shell and use the commands to access the cmw and try another rom or go back to my backup..is there any other solution or thats it,..im screwed? :/

EDIT: i managed to plug a mouse in it. and works....so i can access the CWM. i try the compatibility patches for touch screen but nothing seems to work.... any suggestions to make touch to work?

Last edited:

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
So, here's what I'm getting: says it installed. Doesn't bot into it, just goes back into Android recovery. And whay if the last of my nand's ends in "h"?

DontExist

Jun 4, 2012
Tooele
this is what i am getting when i try to install from term emu

$su
#mnt/sdcard/install-recovery.sh
and this is the result

sh:mnt/sdcard/install-recovery.sh: cannot execute - permission denied

can anyone tell me if i am doing something wrong?

Lannig

Mar 21, 2012
this is what i am getting when i try to install from term emu

$su
#mnt/sdcard/install-recovery.sh
and this is the result

sh:mnt/sdcard/install-recovery.sh: cannot execute - permission denied

can anyone tell me if i am doing something wrong?
Yes, you're typing the command wrongly.
Try:
Code:
$ su
# sh /mnt/sdcard/install-recovery.sh

Reactions: DontExist

dolorespark

Jan 28, 2013
So, here's what I'm getting: says it installed. Doesn't bot into it, just goes back into Android recovery. And whay if the last of my nand's ends in "h"?

If your last partition is "nandh", you have a non-standard partition layout (at least for Android 4.x). Sadly the result is that CWM will get installed into the wrong partition. My guess is that it ended up in the cache partition.

Does the tablet still boot and run normally? If you can get into the stock Recovery, you may want to try using the "wipe cache partition" option.

Reactions: AuGmENTor

AuGmENTor

Apr 17, 2012
Marlboro NY
If your last partition is "nandh", you have a non-standard partition layout (at least for Android 4.x). Sadly the result is that CWM will get installed into the wrong partition. My guess is that it ended up in the cache partition.

Does the tablet still boot and run normally? If you can get into the stock Recovery, you may want to try using the "wipe cache partition" option.
Yes, it still boots, and I can still boot into the recovery partition. I'll try that next.

dolorespark

Jan 28, 2013
Possible Reason for Install Failures

While CWM installs without problems for most users, some get these errors when they boot into it:

Code:

A possible reason may be that your tablet has a non-standard partition layout. As a result, the install script may be putting CWM in the wrong partition, or partitions like /cache may not be where this version of CWM expects them to be.

A typical layout looks like this:

Code:
  93        0      26384 nanda
  93        8      16384 nandb
  93       16      32768 nandc
  93       24     524288 nandd
  93       32    1228800 nande
  93       40      16384 nandf
  93       48      32768 nandg
  93       56     262144 nandh
  93       64     262144 nandi
  93       72    1472752 nandj

In standard layouts, nandg is the recovery partition and is always(?) 32.768kb; nandh is the cache partition and is usually at least 262,144kb (it could be larger). If the sizes of your tablet's nandg and nandh are significantly different, don't install this version of CWM.

For a good example of a non-standard layout, see the screen shots attached to posting nbr 113 (there, what would normally be in nandb is missing, so all the following partitions are shifted down by 1).

sim_tcr

May 2, 2013
Bangalore
raspisimon.no-ip.org
I have a cheap Chinese tablet. Here is the model,
http://szstarfly.en.alibaba.com/prod...t_b_font_.html

I was trying to install CWM on it as per http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2189640 and it got soft bricked. If i try to reboot it it is always coming to CWM recovery. Also I see below error messages in CWM

It is Allwinner A13 cortex8 processor.

How do I restore it back or Load a working version of ROM to it?

cat /proc/cpuinfo
Processor : ARMv7 Processor rev 2 (v7l)
BogoMIPS : 1001.88
Features : swp half thumb fastmult vfp edsp neon vfpv3
CPU implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture: 7
CPU variant : 0x3
CPU part : 0xc08
CPU revision : 2

Hardware : sun5i
Revision : a13b
Serial : 06c19c6635373030504e59301625428d

root@android:/ # cat /proc/partitions
cat /proc/partitions
major minor #blocks name

93 0 26384 nanda
93 8 16384 nandb
93 16 32768 nandc
93 24 524288 nandd
93 32 1228800 nande
93 40 16384 nandf
93 48 32768 nandg
93 56 262144 nandh
93 64 262144 nandi
93 72 5330160 nandj

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below are six different flavors of CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.8 for devices that use Allwinner A10 and A13 chips and are running Android 4.x. If you're unsure whether one of them is appropriate for your device, see "Which version should I choose?", below.

Unlike some versions, these will not erase the partition or SD card containing the update.zip that's just been installed. Also, the "wipe data/factory reset" option will not erase your internal SD card ('/emmc'). The button assignments should be what you'd expect: Vol- / Vol+ move the highlight up or down, Power selects, and any other button acts as a Back button. If your tablet has capacitive (touch) buttons and uses an ft5x touchscreen controller, they should act as Back buttons as well.

Installation

The files are packaged as update zips and can be installed from your existing stock or CWM recovery. Alternately, you can unzip the file and install it from a normally-booted system using a script.

From Recovery: Copy the entire file still zipped to your internal or external (removable) SD card. Reboot into Recovery, then choose 'install zip from sdcard'. Root access is not required if CWM is installed this way.

From a Running System: Unzip the file and copy recovery.img and install-recovery.sh to your internal or external SD card. Next, either run "adb shell" or open the Terminal app, then change the directory to where you stored the files. If you're using Terminal, start by running "su" to get root access (you may already have it if using adb). Now, type in "sh install-recovery.sh" then press Enter. Messages will appear telling you whether it succeeded or failed.

Which version should I choose?

Do I have an A10 or A13? From an adb shell or from the Terminal Emulator app, run "cat /proc/cpuinfo". Look next to the 'Hardware' entry: it should say either "sun4i" (A10) or "sun5i" (A13). If it says anything else, don't use these files.

Do I have 9, 10, or 11 partitions? From an adb shell or from the Terminal Emulator app, run "cat /proc/partitions". If the last of the "nand" entries is "nandi", you have 9; if it's "nandj", you have 10; if it's "nandk", you have 11. If you choose the wrong version, everything else will work correctly but CWM won't be able to mount your internal SD card (a.k.a. '/emmc'). If so, try installing the other version.

IMPORTANT: If your device has 8 or fewer partitions (i.e the last one is "nandh") do not install this version. It will end up in the wrong partition and likely require the entire ROM to be reflashed.

Booting into (CWM) Recovery

Getting into Recovery should be simple but sometimes it isn't. Try these methods in the order listed:
    1. With the tablet off, press and hold both Vol+ and Power. It may take 10 seconds or more for the first logo or icon to appear.
    2. With the tablet on and booted normally, press and hold the Power button until the tablet turns off - ignore the Shutdown popup. Now, try method #1 again.
    3. From an adb shell prompt or from the Terminal Emulator app, enter
      "echo -e 'boot-recovery\0' > /dev/block/nandf; sync"
      (note: that's a "backslash zero" in the line above)
      Now, press and hold Power until the tablet turns off, then turn it back on normally (i.e. no buttons pressed).
    If none of the above work, post a question - perhaps someone else has a better solution.

(Edit: Previously, I'd said that "adb reboot recovery" should also do the trick but I've never had it succeed. I was mistaken: it does work on my A10 tablet but not on my A13. You may want to try it as an alternative to the suggestions above.)

Updates

• v2
      • assigned additional key values to the navigation (up/down) functions, so each key should do something (if the various buttons on your tablet don't generate "standard" values", there's no way to predict what each will do until you test them)
      • fixed the syntax error in install-recovery.sh
      • fixed the reboot recovery menu item on the Advanced menu
    • v2a
      • added versions for tablets with 11 partitions
    i finaly done and install recovery
    and boot into it with batch commande with adb
    it seem my tablet doest boot from keys

i attached the batch commands to install and boot to CWM
    just add recovery.img to it
    It doesn't work for me :(

My last NAND entry was nandj, CPU A13 sun5i so I installed the CWM for A13-10. After installing CWM the tablet only boots into the recovery with these lines at the lower part of the screen:

I can access to the sdcard and flash new zip files. I tried to flash cyanogenmod and installs correctly (a part from two errors related to "/recovery/last_install" but still boot directly into the recovery. Also I tried to flash the rest of the A13 CWM (9 and 11) but the result is the same. And with Livesuite all the installs fail at the 5% with a 0x162 error.

Any idea? The "brand" doesn't have any firmware on his website.:rolleyes:

------------

Edit: I tried at least 15 ROMs and Livesuite is incapable of flashing a single one. I can't remove CWM.

-----------

After spending a lot of hours downloading and failing to flash the ROMs, finally found one that worked! I remembered some info about the build.prop, and with this I found a blog with a collection of ROM and data about the Alwinner CPU's. And one of the uploaded files matched the same info (Inet-86VS-REV01) printed into the board.

So if someone has the same tablet don't install CWM! And if you did, here is the link:

http://moveontechnology.com/hugoenchina/?page_id=220

http://dfiles.eu/files/mus464gwg
    Below are four different flavors of CWM-based Recovery v6.0.2.8 for devices that use Allwinner A10 and A13 chips. If you're unsure whether one of them is appropriate for your device, see "Do I have an A10 or A13?", below.

Unlike some versions, these will not erase the partition or SD card containing the update.zip that's just been installed. Also, the "wipe data/factory reset" option will not erase your internal SD card ('/emmc'). The button assignments should be what you'd expect: Vol- / Vol+ move the highlight up or down, Power selects, and any other button acts as a Back button. If your tablet has capacitive (touch) buttons and uses an ft5x touchscreen controller, they should act as Back buttons as well.

Installation

The files are packaged as update zips and can be installed from your existing stock or CWM recovery. Alternately, you can unzip the file and install it from a normally-booted system using a script.

From Recovery: Copy the entire file still zipped to your internal or external (removable) SD card. Reboot into Recovery, then choose 'install zip from sdcard'. Root access is not required if CWM is installed this way.

From a Running System: Unzip the file and copy recovery.img and install-recovery.sh to your internal or external SD card. Next, either run "adb shell" or open the Terminal app, then change the directory to where you stored the files. If you're using Terminal, start by running "su" to get root access (you may already have it if using adb). Now, type in "sh install-recovery.sh" then press Enter. Messages will appear telling you whether it succeeded or failed.

Which version should I choose?

Do I have an A10 or A13? From an adb shell or from the Terminal Emulator app, run "cat /proc/cpuinfo". Look next to the 'Hardware' entry: it should say either "sun4i" (A10) or "sun5i" (A13). If it says anything else, don't use these files.

Do I have 9 or 10 partitions? From an adb shell or from the Terminal Emulator app, run "cat /proc/partitions". If the last entry is "nandi", you have 9; if it's "nandj", you have 10. If you choose the wrong version, everything else will work correctly but CWM won't be able to mount your internal SD card (a.k.a. '/emmc'). If so, try installing the other version.

Booting into (CWM) Recovery

Getting into Recovery should be simple but sometimes it isn't. Try these methods in the order listed:
    1. With the tablet off, press and hold both Vol+ and Power. It may take 10 seconds or more for the first logo or icon to appear.
    2. With the tablet on and booted normally, press and hold the Power button until the tablet turns off - ignore the Shutdown popup. Now, try method #1 again.
    3. From an adb shell prompt or from the Terminal Emulator app, enter
      "echo -e 'boot-recovery\0' > /dev/block/nandf; sync" (note: that's a "backslash zero" in there)
      Now, press and hold Power until the tablet turns off, then turn it back on normally (i.e. no buttons pressed).
    If none of the above work, post a question - perhaps someone else has a better solution. (Note: "adb reboot recovery" should also do the trick but I've never had it succeed.)

I'm getting a syntax error when executing the script - syntax error: '(' unexpected

EDIT: removed the parenthesis from the script using notepad, it ran fine. Thanks!
    Hi,

Thanks for your work on this!!

No mount cache errors! woohoo!

Couple of things I needed to do on my tab (Cheap china a10 closest stock firmware mapad mx19a)

removed (dopa) from the install-recover.sh (notepad) including brackets
    No luck with the hardware keys for navigation so pluged in a keyboard and after reboot cursor keys work.

Had no luck yet on installing a CWM firmware, goes through the steps of installing, reboots, get first logo but then sits on black screen (can just see the back light glow left it overnight but no change.)

But at least I've made a big step forward with your CWM recovery...