How to put recovery on v2.2 SGS??

Search This thread

coolnessQ

Aug 8, 2012
Rotterdam
My ant has an old SGS,

ive succesfull put root on the system, but cannot put recovery on the system somehow -.-
verification faild in the stock recovery, but i have got the update.zip via CWM app
when ive done that than i want to install a v4.2.2 version android for here, with good battery and performance, because the phone is slow and she only has 10 apps?

im well known with odin and CWM, have a SG4 myself
but this ive never seen? can someone help me on the problem?

xsenman

Apr 9, 2012
Philippines

you need to have a 2.3 6 bootloader for it to work , so either change ROM or just the Boot loader, so suggest you head on to My Android Collections, rescue recovery kits section and use Odin3 to flash a upgrade kit, preferably i9000 Upgrade or Downgrade to GingerBread 2.3.6 ROM JVU + Root with a 512 Pit File (repartition Ticked) Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and J.Bean.

But before you do this backup your contacts, sms, images etc ( that is If you want them, so many apps and google can do that) or simply mount USB sotage and copy the entire Internal SD card, so you can use what you need later. Also Backup your efs folder.

The above ROM, already has root and CWM , so you can flash any ICS or JB ROM, best to upgrade to ICS and than to Jelly bean such that you won't have IMEI errors.

Hope you know what you need to do before flashing ROM

Reactions: coolnessQ

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

you need to have a 2.3 6 bootloader for it to work , so either change ROM or just the Boot loader, so suggest you head on to My Android Collections, rescue recovery kits section and use Odin3 to flash a upgrade kit, preferably i9000 Upgrade or Downgrade to GingerBread 2.3.6 ROM JVU + Root with a 512 Pit File (repartition Ticked) Ideal base for upgrading to ICS and J.Bean.

But before you do this backup your contacts, sms, images etc ( that is If you want them, so many apps and google can do that) or simply mount USB sotage and copy the entire Internal SD card, so you can use what you need later. Also Backup your efs folder.

The above ROM, already has root and CWM , so you can flash any ICS or JB ROM, best to upgrade to ICS and than to Jelly bean such that you won't have IMEI errors.

Hope you know what you need to do before flashing ROM