Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,956 Members 42,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No Touch

Tip us?

Linux guy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Question No Touch

So I have in my possession a very nice kindle fire hd (8.9).
A friend of mine says that she locked it by accident somehow and I said, sure I can fix it.

The problem is it doesn't detect touch. It's not frozen and I've done a lot of research on the matter. I took it apart, put it back together. Nothing. the clock works and so do the buttons but no touch is detected. I know I can get an otg and connect a mouse but while that ships (I need one anyways) I'd like to get this to work.

I've actually had a similar problem with my phone (e4gt) where the touch screen wouldn't work with certain chargers. I ultimately learned that its some sort of grounding issue. Besides that I've never heard of this happening on any device even.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also its in pristine condition. No wear or water damage in the outside or inside.

Cronoss
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I don't know about the touch issue, but I can say that a mouse won't work unless it's a very low powered one or you use a powered hub. Just giving you a heads up,

Linux guy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Would a Bluetooth one work? except there's the problem of setting it up.
I think i'll root to diagnose better.

Linux guy
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 176

DONATE TO ME
Cool Fixed

I got it. One of the cables was upset or something because when i unplugged and replugged it it started working. Broke some things here and there but it's all cosmetics,
Tags
touch