Touchpad USB OTG Compatibility List

19th June 2013, 11:15 PM   |  #101  
Flag Rohnert Park
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2

As NathanNation mentioned, you can't just plug it in without the correct setup. See my info a few posts up for links and pictures that will help you out...HERE

Ya, as i said i have other devices working on it just fine. i have a y cable and it is powered. which is how i got a mouse and keyboard working. the only thing that doesnt work is this flash drive.
20th June 2013, 04:17 AM   |  #102  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia
Thanks Meter: 1,105

1,676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivie

Ya, as i said i have other devices working on it just fine. i have a y cable and it is powered. which is how i got a mouse and keyboard working. the only thing that doesnt work is this flash drive.

Have you tried running it off a powered USB Hub yet?
The otg controller in the TP limits "directly" connected devices to 100ma, but devices after a Hub should be able to get the full 500ma USB 2.0 Limit set by the hub. ( Touchpad -> OTG adapter -> Powered Hub -> KB/Mouse/Hard Drive ). This may not be the issue, but if that particular Flash Drive is requesting more than 100ma from the usb port, then it will have to go through a hub. Have you tried a different flash drive (my 16gb Corsair Drive works fine after the hub).
Last edited by mpgrimm2; 20th June 2013 at 04:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mpgrimm2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th June 2013, 06:03 PM   |  #103  
Flag Rohnert Park
Thanks Meter: 6

44 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpgrimm2

Have you tried running it off a powered USB Hub yet?
The otg controller in the TP limits "directly" connected devices to 100ma, but devices after a Hub should be able to get the full 500ma USB 2.0 Limit set by the hub. ( Touchpad -> OTG adapter -> Powered Hub -> KB/Mouse/Hard Drive ). This may not be the issue, but if that particular Flash Drive is requesting more than 100ma from the usb port, then it will have to go through a hub. Have you tried a different flash drive (my 16gb Corsair Drive works fine after the hub).

Great idea, i will look into this, don't have a hub but ill pick one up. dont have another flash drive to test but i can borrow one, thanks for you help man!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ivie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th July 2013, 02:41 PM   |  #104  
Flag Farnham
Thanks Meter: 72

471 posts
More
Milaq has now implemented OTG into the latest cm10.1 nightly. I will be testing tonight to see if it works and will report back here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Nathanation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2013, 12:01 AM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 27

434 posts
I assume we can use USB DACs by doing this?
23rd July 2013, 01:17 PM   |  #106  
Flag Farnham
Thanks Meter: 72

471 posts
More
Well otg did work but not as it did on cm9. In cm9 I got a system notification saying "SD card detected" in cm10.1 I was able to read files from my external SD card but only when mounted by the app stickmount

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
27th July 2013, 08:50 AM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 3

138 posts
So basically, I need to buy the OTG cable AND a external power source just to attach a thumbdrive?

This is why it annoys me so much that some tablet makers refuse to put expandable storage via SDcard slot.
31st July 2013, 11:31 AM   |  #108  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia

1,676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllGurulll

So basically, I need to buy the OTG cable AND a external power source just to attach a thumbdrive?

This is why it annoys me so much that some tablet makers refuse to put expandable storage via SDcard slot.

Agreed. With the correct OTG 'Y' Cable, you can use your TP's charger to run the OTG setup for low current devices (under 100ma, ie most Mice/Kb's & thumbdrives). If you need to plug in something that requires/requests more (like a HDD & some thumbdrives), you need to pass through a powered hub (some can be powered with an adapter via the USB wall charger). See prior post HERE.
9th August 2013, 12:39 PM   |  #109  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Question OTG Kernal support
I am using CM 9-20130714 and trying to get OTG to work without any success.
Is there a specific kernal/rom i need to flash to get this to work?
9th August 2013, 10:44 PM   |  #110  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Virginia

1,676 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shard76

I am using CM 9-20130714 and trying to get OTG to work without any success.
Is there a specific kernal/rom i need to flash to get this to work?

I can verify it works on CM9 20130714. You need to use the correct OTG adapter with an external power supply/charger. I have bought OTG adapters that were defective. Go back a page or two and I am sure you will see one of my posts with pictures of my setup as well as links to the correct hardware on ebay/amazon.

See post here.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=40416348
Last edited by mpgrimm2; 10th August 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread