FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

[PRJ] SUN-MuttiM Manila 2.5 VGA Port (BETA)

389 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By muttim86, Senior Member on 25th July 2009, 12:18 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
1st September 2009, 10:30 AM |#331  
kecinzer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Decin
Thanks Meter: 1,624
 
Donate to Me
More
I start to hate HTC.
They think, that one device has life-cyckle 1/2 year? WTF!
I don't have that much money for buing new HTC device twice a year.

I don't understeand, why Manila 2.6 don't run on Raphael
 
 
1st September 2009, 03:49 PM |#332  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Are you seriously going to complain that your device does not support the new frontend that is meant for phones two generations newer (i.e year+) Than your phone? It seems to me that they are building two versions for a reason in parallel, one for older chips, one for newer chips, most likely with some kind of GPU acceleration that our current phones do not support.
pongothemagnificent
1st September 2009, 05:22 PM |#333  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NRGZ28

You're not telling because you don't know... Stop trying to act smart

Believe whatever you want mate, as they say time will tell.
conflipper
1st September 2009, 05:57 PM |#334  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
2.6 does not work on Qualcom Chipsets.

2.6 was first developed on the HTC Qilin, this device is OMAP3, This was back in june, so 2.6 is nothing new. and the device is using Power Vector Textiles(PVR) for the GFX, and since qualcomm chipsets do not recgonize PVR GFX, 2.6 manila will not work. Qulacomm chipsets use QTC GFX, and not PVR.

but recently 2.6 manila has been getting back ported to 2.5 manila, and that is where you saw that at. if you look at UDK ROM, and in the registry, you will see that Manila_Core version is 2.5.1918, but the version in manila reports 2.6, but its actually 2.5.

2.5 is actually now more powerful the 2.6, and the only reason it is 2.6 is becuase it is developed for a different chipset, and so it has different GFX.

and so a real 2.6 manila will not work in any way on Qualcomm Devices.
1st September 2009, 06:33 PM |#335  
twopumpchump's Avatar
Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 363
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyvitto

Believe whatever you want mate, as they say time will tell.

i think it just did lmao....thanks for clearing that up conflipper
1st September 2009, 07:20 PM |#336  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 346
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kecinzer

I start to hate HTC.
They think, that one device has life-cyckle 1/2 year? WTF!
I don't have that much money for buing new HTC device twice a year.

I don't understeand, why Manila 2.6 don't run on Raphael

The life cycle on ANY phone is about a year...Even the iPhone was upgraded after 6 months and that was only because they rushed out the earlier version to capture market share...Then had to fix all the issues that caused. like HEY we got cut and paste! WOW! (LOL)

Not certain but I expect the design leadtime on each model is about 2 years from paper to product. It's unreasonable to expect technology to be cutting edge for more than a year...

A computer (even the fancy gaming rigs) are almost obsolete by the time you open the box...

Moore's Law at work!
1st September 2009, 10:55 PM |#337  
nikoan89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bari
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper

2.6 does not work on Qualcom Chipsets.

2.6 was first developed on the HTC Qilin, this device is OMAP3, This was back in june, so 2.6 is nothing new. and the device is using Power Vector Textiles(PVR) for the GFX, and since qualcomm chipsets do not recgonize PVR GFX, 2.6 manila will not work. Qulacomm chipsets use QTC GFX, and not PVR.

but recently 2.6 manila has been getting back ported to 2.5 manila, and that is where you saw that at. if you look at UDK ROM, and in the registry, you will see that Manila_Core version is 2.5.1918, but the version in manila reports 2.6, but its actually 2.5.

2.5 is actually now more powerful the 2.6, and the only reason it is 2.6 is becuase it is developed for a different chipset, and so it has different GFX.

and so a real 2.6 manila will not work in any way on Qualcomm Devices.

thanks for the explanation Conflipper
2nd September 2009, 10:14 PM |#338  
Senior Member
Flag The ATL
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper

2.6 does not work on Qualcom Chipsets.

2.6 was first developed on the HTC Qilin, this device is OMAP3, This was back in june, so 2.6 is nothing new. and the device is using Power Vector Textiles(PVR) for the GFX, and since qualcomm chipsets do not recgonize PVR GFX, 2.6 manila will not work. Qulacomm chipsets use QTC GFX, and not PVR.

but recently 2.6 manila has been getting back ported to 2.5 manila, and that is where you saw that at. if you look at UDK ROM, and in the registry, you will see that Manila_Core version is 2.5.1918, but the version in manila reports 2.6, but its actually 2.5.

2.5 is actually now more powerful the 2.6, and the only reason it is 2.6 is becuase it is developed for a different chipset, and so it has different GFX.

and so a real 2.6 manila will not work in any way on Qualcomm Devices.

ahhh. a good clean explanation. this should set things down around here.
3rd September 2009, 01:58 AM |#339  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
The new HTC Touch2 will be out Oct 6, and by the pics it's sporting Touch Flo 2d or 3d 2.5, but the screen size is qvga. Can this manilla be ported directly over to vga devices? I don't know how the screen sizings work.
3rd September 2009, 02:07 AM |#340  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The HTC Touch2 is the HTC Mega as far as I know
And there already is a thread on that
3rd September 2009, 03:07 AM |#341  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
My question is regarding this port. If the touch2 manilla can
be ported over with no resizing or limited resizing it
might help this devoloper and this project.

Read More
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes