[TUTORIAL] Speed up notification pullup and dropdown (SystemUI.apk) all devices :)

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Tutorial about speeding up notification center drop down/pull up
    1.First of all you need to get SystemUI.apk of yur actual rom
    The ne im using is open root explorer and copy SystemUI.apk to your sdcard
    2.Connect the phone to the computer and copy the SystemUI.apk to the extracted APKTOOL directory (download apktoolApktool.zip)
    3.There is a guide on how to use apktool here :Guide apktool
    4.Decompile SystemUI.apk
    5.Navigate \SystemUI\res\values and open dimens.xml (use notepad ++)
    6. Find self_expand_velocity, self collapse velocity. and change the values from the defalut +2000 per each.
    7.You can change other values too, they are pretty much selfexplanatory.
    8.After the necessary changes save the file and recompile systemui.apk
    9.After recmpiling you can push it to system using ADB or i made a .zip to flash it in recovery.(Just put SystemUI.apk in system/app and you are ok) Just whatch out for the name as it should be exactly the ssame as it was before.
    10.Flash the zip wipe cache/dalvik and enjoy your new fast dropdown and pullup
    DONT FORGET THANX BUTTON

EDIT: It was pointed out that in newer versions of android (dip=dp) its the same thing so don't change it.
    I used your MOD as an Add On for my ROM. I hope thats ok credit was given (see bottom of OP). Thanks for the Info..

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37148754&postcount=1
    On Note 2 (and probably other Samsung devices) there is no layout.xml, but values are inside smali file (SystemUI\smali\com\android\systemui\R$layout.smali). However those are in hex format which I cannot decode.

Above value translates to 2131492892 as integer, which makes zero sense. Probably some kind of float value?

Try to check for that id (0x7f0c001c and/or 0x7f0c001b) in res/values/ids.xml. It could point to any value in any of the xml inside res/ folder.
    Great, some developer with Xposed skills to do that through an Xposed module :p .... (You know that would be great)
    I decompiled systemui.apk but i can/t find \SystemUI\res\values

it is in that folder for sure. have followed the guide step by step? maybe u havent decompiled just extracted the apk.