[ROM] RainbowMod 2.2 for Lumia 710 [Updated 04.08.2013]

Search This thread

lomcho

Feb 14, 2013
Plovdiv
I installed the ROM yesterday and upgraded to 8862 with CABs. It works pretty stable. I installed apps over Wifi the connection is good the ROM is pretty fast and it`s functional. in about section there is an issue with Firmware revision that is shown - 1600.3031.8779.12180 but the phone works with No problem. It could be something with changes made to bootloader to get the Native clock. The Cache clearer works almost the same way like with Rataplan Roms. I think that this app is useless. So i read very negative posts about this ROM but i think that the ROM is pretty good.

lucifer3006

Mar 12, 2010
Voronezh
Anyone who has already download rom, but not yet install, please redownload (i found a bug with missing camera settings). For those who have already installed buggy version, i upload cab fixes (avaible on the same links). If someone does not know/do not want to use cab-updates–just extract contents of archive and copy *.xml files to windows folder.

IonutZuker

Dec 21, 2012
hellow

im back , nice to see a new rom from rainbow :) . i will download and use id . hope it will be the last time ,:D , i'm still deciding to buy a nokia lumia 920 or a nokia n9 and put android on it. if you can give an advice, i will be grateful. :angel:

lomcho

Feb 14, 2013
Plovdiv
I can see application Ringtones 2.0 by ultrashot installed but i can`t see it`s icon. I will be grateful if someone explain how it works

Sorry for the post i found how it works

Last edited:

Stefan Caromov

Nov 13, 2012
Sofia
I can see application Ringtones 2.0 by ultrashot installed but i can`t see it`s icon. I will be grateful if someone explain how it works

Sorry for the post i found how it works

Probably you must search it in Settings menu
Is there any xap of this program ? i have first version of Ringtones, i would try this one

Last edited:

majkel_nw

Nov 30, 2012
Gorzów WLKP.
Ringtone manager is in settings->Ringtones+sounds->ringtone. There is option in place where u choose ringtone (on the top of the list)

BTW lucifer3006 this Rom dont have internet sharing (tethering) is any possibility to turn on this option? Also unlock interet sharing from wp7 root tools dont work as well

Last edited:

lomcho

Feb 14, 2013
Plovdiv
Sometimes when i`m making call phone get restarted. I got this bug with v2.1 but after i updated the radio module everything was OK. Now a few days after flashing Rainbow 2.2 the problem starts again. It could work fine day or two and after that i get restart when i`m making a call.
Any suggestions?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OlRxA.png

Based on: 1750.0823.8862.13110
    OS version: 7.10.8862
    Languages: all 24 official langpacks

Features:
    • Windows Phone 7.8
    • Full unlock v4.5 - now with root access notifications.
    • Customizable search key.
    • Ringtones from your personal music collection.
    • Clock tile.
    • High quality WP7.8-compatible tiles.
    • Orientation lock.
    • File manager.
    • Quick Menu 2.0.
    • XAP deployer built in.
    • Full support of native applications.
    • Windows Mobile Device Center Launcher.
    • CAB updatability - except OEM Nokia updates.
    • Many big changes under the hood.

Screenshots:

Download (link inside txt)

Changelog:
    2.2 04.08.2013
    • ROM based on latest 13110 firmware
    • ROM is rewritten from scratch
    • Amount of pre-installed applications kept to a minimum
    • Reverted sync with Google account via EAS protocol
    • Replaced some icons for WP8 analogs
    • Application precaching
    • OemMarket application to change marketplace config
    • RingtoneManager with ringtone cut and artist background attaching
    • Updated USB Video Out application (avaible via separated cab-update)
    • German localization added to built in applications
    • More frequent database flushing
    • Many internal changes

Thanks to these people:
    Asusmobile_Team for creating OS Builder
    UltraShot for his contribution to homebrew-community, and for personal assistance
    HD2Owner for design and graphic help

Allowed to copy information to other sources, specifying the original authorship!
    Updated to 2.0 version, recommend to use this tool before flashing
    Update in first post.
    Well, all builds again reuploaded, now with fixed tethering. Also added cab for enabling bing maps.
    notice: all this instructions is from XDA forum... thx to original authors....

INSTRUCTIONS FOR BOOTLOADER:
    Requires an unlocked bootloader (a.k.a. qualcomm development bootloader).
    Easy to check: Turn the phone OFF, then press and hold VOLUME UP + POWER until you notice a short vibration. Plug in to the computer. If the phone turns up in disk mode (USB Mass Storage Device), then you have an unlocked bootloader. IF you're in Windows, it will ask if you want to format the disk. SAY NO

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620629

First of all, Download the latest version of NSS Pro (v0.48 beta) from here. Paste the .zip file in a folder and then extract it.
    Download these 3 files :

1. RM-803 Part 1
    2. RM-803 Part 2
    3. RM-803_nokia_osbl.bin
    Paste those files in NSS\loaders\special\wp7\
    Now you’re ready to start the work with NSS. Open the application. Go to flashing>WP7 Tools.
    Turn your phone off and connect it to your PC using an USB cable. Press the ‘Install’ button to quickly install the Qualcomm Unlocked bootloader to your phone. Once its finished, turn your phone on, but don’t remove it from PC. After its turned on, you’re left with an unlocked Nokia Lumia 710. :)
    Desc. of the flashing related functions of the software :
    - Read PMM button - reads the PMM partition with Nokia specific values(product
    code, MAC addresses, etc., you can edit in the boxes
    - Write PMM button - writes back to the partition a selected value (via Update
    checkbox)
    Install button - use this to quickly install Qcom loader on 710(no way to load on
    800 as the cert is checked)
    Parse FS button - you can use this to test NSS partition parser and compare
    against 3rd party tool, to make sure something catastrophically wrong will not
    happen during recovery
    Restore button - This will attempt to recover the Nokia production loader (so called DLOAD)
    via raw NAND write into partition 2 of the connected phone. Make
    sure you start in Normal mode as NSS will need to check phone type and battery
    value (to make sure wrong file is not written to 800, or if the battery is critically
    low)

FOR FLASHING ROM:
    use Nokia Lumia 710 downloader

Enter OSBL mode(WARNING: If you get Format Disk message in Windows - always click Cancel !!!)
    Power off the phone & Remove the USB cable
    Press and hold the Vol+ button
    Plug the USB cable, wait for the buzz, Release the Vol+ button
    Run this tool as administrator user
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1074900&d=1337618177