[HOW TO] Flash Custom Mods, Themes, Apps, Tweaks on an Odexed ROM

Search This thread

kabychow

Oct 8, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hello all,

Many people asking me how to flash some mods on an Odexed ROM (eg. OneOfAKind, Monster, Express999, Touchwi5 or other odexed ROM). I odex these ROM because it have a better performance, ram usage and the boot time is faster.

However, these odexed ROM may get force close on the modded/themed app when flashed custom Mods/Themes/Apps. And it's possible to flash those mods on an odexed ROM.

First, download the ''.zip'' file of the mod. I'm gonna take this as example.

After downloaded, you have to open the ''.zip'' file using winzip/winrar/7zip or something else. After open the ''.zip'' file, double click system, then open ''app'' folder, you will see something like this:

Capture.png

What you gonna do is, check the apps on the ''.zip'' file of mods got conflict with the ROM or not. you can check it using any file explorer with root access on your phone. You will realized that both of it got the same file, (eg. SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk)

Untitled.png

Then, using any root explorer, delete the .odex file of the apps that conflict with the mod. (eg. SystemUI.odex and Settings.odex) [Remember: only remove the .odex file]

After removing it, place the mod file on your sdcard and flash on recovery (do wipe cache and dalvik). And you're done now,

Goodluck! :)

Credits:

arco68
Adi Aisiteru Reborn

chepz1984

Jul 15, 2013
serang-banten
Work in mod s.III notification drawer but I get bootloop when I flash mod xperia z locksreen,, i use ooak v26
Thanks ipro

Sent from my GT-I8150

hmgan

Jun 8, 2013
Penang
1 question ipro, may i flash "the mother of ad block" mod without following the steps above u mentioned? thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all,

Many people asking me how to flash some mods on an Odexed ROM (eg. OneOfAKind, Monster, Express999, Touchwi5 or other odexed ROM). I odex these ROM because it have a better performance, ram usage and the boot time is faster.

However, these odexed ROM may get force close on the modded/themed app when flashed custom Mods/Themes/Apps. And it's possible to flash those mods on an odexed ROM.

First, download the ''.zip'' file of the mod. I'm gonna take this as example.

After downloaded, you have to open the ''.zip'' file using winzip/winrar/7zip or something else. After open the ''.zip'' file, double click system, then open ''app'' folder, you will see something like this:

Capture.png

What you gonna do is, check the apps on the ''.zip'' file of mods got conflict with the ROM or not. you can check it using any file explorer with root access on your phone. You will realized that both of it got the same file, (eg. SystemUI.apk and Settings.apk)

Untitled.png

Then, using any root explorer, delete the .odex file of the apps that conflict with the mod. (eg. SystemUI.odex and Settings.odex) [Remember: only remove the .odex file]

After removing it, place the mod file on your sdcard and flash on recovery (do wipe cache and dalvik). And you're done now,

Goodluck! :)

Credits:

arco68
    Adi Aisiteru Reborn