Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,682 Members 42,871 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][JB] CyanogenMod 10 [Final #2] [Fast & Stable][Fully Working] + SlimBean[Build1]

Tip us?

H0w4rd
Old
(Last edited by H0w4rd; 8th August 2013 at 09:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Well, it seems my worries are history.
Yesterday my phone was working perfectly without swap for whole day. Unfortunatelly in the evening something happened, phone suddenly restarted and didn't boot. It hangs on Cyanogen(mod) logo. I tried to wipe all data and install ROM again, it worked, but after second restart it stopped to boot again. I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT: After wiping data system starts again, so maybe there is some problem in /data or /cache partition?

-Grift-
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1930
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0w4rd View Post
Well, it seems my worries are history.
Yesterday my phone was working perfectly without swap for whole day. Unfortunatelly in the evening something happened, phone suddenly restarted and didn't boot. It hangs on Cyanogen(mod) logo. I tried to wipe all data and install ROM again, it worked, but after second restart it stopped to boot again. I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT: After wiping data system starts again, so maybe there is some problem in /data or /cache partition?
Mate i suggest you move to another ROM preferably 2.3.7 Gingerbread.

Devices That I Have Rooted/Flashed/S-OFF
Asus Google Nexus 7 2012
LG GT540 Optimus Swift
LG Optimus 4X HD P880
LG Google Nexus 5 (Active)
Samsung Galaxy Mini
Samsung Galaxy Ace
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy S II (<-- Awesome Device)
HTC Sensation XE

H0w4rd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well, I know, it could be better with 2.3.7, but I just never downgrade anything, it is hard to explain why once I installed 4.1.2, I'm not going to install anything lower but I think I won't install 4.2.x or 4.3.x, yet never say never

Anyway I don't know, what happened, but after 2 factory resets my phone works like a charm - on 4.1.2, with 60 apps and without swap. No random reboots for 2 days. It is a miracle! I hope it will last long.
I must create a backup with CWM now!

This ROM is really good but sometimes it is difficult to maintain it so.

MrAndroid12
Old
Thanks Meter 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeD_pE View Post
Man my opinion, don't even bother trying to find a magical solution that makes this phone fast and smooth with 60+ apps in JB when even the fastest GB rom won't be. I have around 40 apps in mine with zoe 7 and guess what? Clear memory is my best friend, even with swap!

If you want to load the phone that way, get used to that type of unresponsiveness and waste of time and live with it while you don't buy a new phone.
You can still try 2.1 or 2.2 roms...
Don't even expect 2.3 and under to be smooth as it doesn't have basic hardware acceleration.
Have you tried lag fix fstrim? Google's solution in 4.3 to speed up nexus 7s when storage gets below the 3gb margin?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Dlagfix+fstrim

Don't have to get do defensive over a old low end phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000
White Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE i9505 + white S view Cover for everyday, Protective Cover+ for hiking, camping etc...
Rom: Stock non-rooted 4.4.2
Kernel: Stock
SD card: 32 GB Class 10

Tablet: White iPad Mini + Green Smart cover
Firmware: iOS 7.1.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (Family tab)
ROM Stock 4.1.2
Kernel: Stock
CPU: Stock

H0w4rd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAndroid12 View Post
Don't even expect 2.3 and under to be smooth as it doesn't have basic hardware acceleration.
Have you tried lag fix fstrim? Google's solution in 4.3 to speed up nexus 7s when storage gets below the 3gb margin?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...Dlagfix+fstrim

Don't have to get do defensive over a old low end phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000
Yes, I've tried it. According this app fstrim is not supported in my phone:
Quote:
# fstrim -v /system
fstrim: FSTRIM: Not a typewriter

# fstrim -v /data

# fstrim -v /cache

TRIM is not supported on the following partitions:
/system, /data, /cache
This is either hardware or kernel issue and can not be worked around.
I've tried to run this command in the terminal but without succes:

$ su
$ fstrim
sh: fstrim: not found

H0w4rd
Old
Thanks Meter 2
So, my phone is stable and fast. But one little disadvantage remains - I cannot have two application running. Even the launcher is killed when it is in background very often. I cannot let the sports tracker app running and switch to something else, sports tracker is killed when became inactive, which is unpleasant.

Well, I could live with that, but it would be better, if I could enable/disable swap during runtime. Is there any command for it?
If yes, I would recreate the swap partition and created two icons on the desktop with Script manager for enabling and disabling swap.
Sometimes I could use more RAM only for short period, then I would disable it again.

Kugelfischmau
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Very nice and smooth Rom, but i have the problem that after every reboot i have to switch off the physical keyboard. Otherwise the software keyboard doesn´t pop up...is it only my issue? Is there a fix? or has to be changed in the source code, cause the port is from a phone with hardware keyboard?
Thx in advance
Modellnummer:
HTC One X international Tegra 3
Android-Version:
HBOOT:
Baseband-Version:
Kernel-Version:
Newest AOSP n3ocort3x
ROM:
Newest IceColdJelly422

H0w4rd
Old
(Last edited by H0w4rd; 18th August 2013 at 07:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by H0w4rd View Post
... enable/disable swap during runtime. Is there any command for it? ...
I figured it out myself.

Code:
Select Code
swapoff /dev/block/mmcblk0p3
... and swapon.

This command shows a list of enabled swaps:
Code:
Select Code
cat /proc/swaps
I'm going to create icons for these commands on the desktop with SManager.

H0w4rd
Old
(Last edited by H0w4rd; 22nd August 2013 at 05:08 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Oh no. I've just set everything, restarted phone and it hangs on cyanogen(mod) logo again.
How can I find out where the problem is?
How can I read the internal memory or get some log files?
There must be some way.
I don't want to restore ROM again, oh nooo noo again, it is like hell...

EDIT: There must be some problem in /data partiton, because after wiping it in CWM it will work. But I don't want to do this. I don't want to do this almost every week. I don't deserve this misery

EDIT2: I run CWM and made a backup and then immediately I restored this backup and my phone works again... at least I have a workaround and know, that there is a way how to get it working.

PolishVodka
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1776
Member , dalvik to cache script working that:
On first boot whole dalvik-cache apps is located in data/dalvik-cache . So you have now small free space on this partition (around 90Mb).
On secound boot, dalvik to cache script move up only system app's dalvik to /cache/dalvik-cache and created symlinks on /data/dalvik-cache.
So , now you have + 40MB more on /data .
When you wipe dalvik-cache in Recovery , and don't have enough free space for whole dc on /data = bootloop!

The Following User Says Thank You to PolishVodka For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]