28th April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #11  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 1,114

1,305 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparksco

What are main funtions of this app? It just shows the current status of certain things going on on your device?

Pretty much. It also tests your sms and mms by sending you one from yourself...

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dread 7us For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #12  
Flag Fond du Lac, WI
Thanks Meter: 960

1,651 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread 7us

Definitely a nice app to have when porting roms, etc... Good find to whoever found it! :beer:

Sent from my PG06100
16th August 2013, 06:14 PM   |  #13  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 205

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread 7us

You seem like the person to ask with as much knowledge as you know about phones and all the work you've created; good grief. I am stuck with Sprint and cant leave until next year without paying ETF; long story short; get terrible service and have airave (only works half the time and have 3 replacements-sprint does not want to address to issue; and me being on a SERO account probably doesn't help either) but someone in a different thread mentioned about a sprint diagnostic tool that you can use to force your phone to Roam verizon towers and get the boot rather quickly from sprint; unfortunately he said it was only for samsung devices; http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1774503

Originally Posted by bigmoneygrip23
Not sure how long you have left on your contract, but there are other ways to get out of it. Not sure about the shift, but on my gnex custom ROM there's a sprint diagnostics app you can use to flash a custom prl and roam on Verizon towers. Sprint will boot you and terminate the contract with no etf if you do it enough. Not that I would condone such a thing.

I didn't know if there was such a tool that could work for the evo shift that you knew of since you work with other devs and know A LOT about A LOT of stuff. I searched google a bit then headed over here of the forums, but couldnt find much in regards to it for my phone. thanks in advance

EDIT

I came across this for the HTC EVO, not shift; but maaaybe http://themikmik.com/showthread.php?...d-Without-a-PC
Last edited by lowpro3210; 16th August 2013 at 06:33 PM.
16th August 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #14  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,407

2,275 posts
More
Why don't you just put your phone into roam only mode. Eventually Sprint won't want you any more...
16th August 2013, 09:43 PM   |  #15  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 205

608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad The Pathfinder

Why don't you just put your phone into roam only mode. Eventually Sprint won't want you any more...

I thought the PRL would need to be changed to something different; I will give Roam Control a go and keep in Roaming...thanks
16th August 2013, 10:21 PM   |  #16  
Flag Central Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 2,407

2,275 posts
More
No you don't need to change your prl. Also, Several Shift ROMs like newSENSE Supreme Sense and StockMod have roam only as an option built in so you don't have to buy roam control if you don't want too.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad The Pathfinder For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread