5,599,911 Members 46,760 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Guide: Remove the Screen Protector for improved clarity, brightness and color palette

Tip us?

olivierkes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by eus107709 View Post
My wife didn't have the patience to wait for an answer on the stylus question, so she removed it to find out for herself. Here's what we found out:

1.) The needle trick.. brilliant! The whole process took a couple of minutes. Use the needle to slowly peel back the plastic. Start at the corner (obviously).

2.) That screen protector is VERY thick and strong. No wonder the stylus input wasn't being picked up properly.

3.) Screen: MUCH BETTER. There is no question. Shouldn't even be up for debate. Right before we took this off, we were looking at photos. More clear, brighter.

4.) Touch input: Dramatically better. I have two stylus (styli?), a cheapo and an expensive one, both work great on it now. Even light strokes with the pen register now. If you need to apply a ton of pressure to draw straight lines, then you need to remove the plastic. Try with Draw Something and SBMX. So. Much. Better.

I'm sure there was a reason Sony put this piece of plastic on, but I feel I'm finally using the tablet to its potential. Pro far outweighs con.
Did your wife put an other screen protector on it? And if so, how is the stylus experience then?
If not, not too scared of scratches?

Thanks!

poebae
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Wow, I'd seen this thread before, but I can't believe I took this long to remove the screen protector from my tablet.

The clarity and brightness are much better, as well as the touch response.

cm3tx
Old
(Last edited by cm3tx; 6th February 2013 at 09:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Needle was an awesome idea! I'm quite surprised!

And the result is fantastic. Mine got a big scratch in the center... gone.

SWFlyerUK
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Question is though, with the Xperia Tablet that has the anti-finger print and splash proofing, will removing this affect that?

Zer0K3wL
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Put on new screen protector who care's about little bit more brightness clarity ?
Did even keep screen clean ? Cleaning does same thing.

sebasgl1
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I Can See The Screen Protector In My Arc and In My Tablet S, But Not In The Xperia Tablet S
The Xperia Tablet S Has A screen Protector On It?

smgdev
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: Guide: Remove the Screen Protector for improved clarity, brightness and color pal

My advice, put it off and clean the screen surface with window cleaner and cotton.

Improved touch panel.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
Sony Tablet S - Stock 4.0.3 Release 5a Rooted

----------------------------
Donate me for a new computer and new developments I need a new computer.

Ubichinon
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasgl1 View Post
I Can See The Screen Protector In My Arc and In My Tablet S, But Not In The Xperia Tablet S
The Xperia Tablet S Has A screen Protector On It?

I think the Xperia Tablet doesnt have a screen protector on top, or if it has, its just some very thin film for water proof.. It feels like solid glass when touching it, unlike my Arc S which has this plastic feel to it..

Zer0K3wL
Old
(Last edited by Zer0K3wL; 12th February 2013 at 12:51 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Nvm

MissVpr
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Removed film within short seconds

This thread is a little old, but I've been struggling wether or not to get rid of my Tablet S. I have a love/hate relationship with it. For my gaming uses it's very powerful and fast. But I've been wanting some stylus input on it so bad. I've been trying to remove that factory film on it for months with no luck, until today I took out an Xacto blade, and very carefully, using the blade part to lift the film, it was out in LESS THAN A SECOND! I really suggest anyone else to try it. I'll post pics and feedback soon. I might eventually get another more stylus enabled tab for drawing purposes. NO IPAD....apple has dissapointed me terribly....

Tags
glass, protective film, screen protector, tablet s, xperia play