Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Guide: Remove the Screen Protector for improved clarity, brightness and color palette

OP grcd

12th August 2012, 04:47 PM   |  #51  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eus107709

My wife didn't have the patience to wait for an answer on the stylus question, so she removed it to find out for herself. Here's what we found out:

1.) The needle trick.. brilliant! The whole process took a couple of minutes. Use the needle to slowly peel back the plastic. Start at the corner (obviously).

2.) That screen protector is VERY thick and strong. No wonder the stylus input wasn't being picked up properly.

3.) Screen: MUCH BETTER. There is no question. Shouldn't even be up for debate. Right before we took this off, we were looking at photos. More clear, brighter.

4.) Touch input: Dramatically better. I have two stylus (styli?), a cheapo and an expensive one, both work great on it now. Even light strokes with the pen register now. If you need to apply a ton of pressure to draw straight lines, then you need to remove the plastic. Try with Draw Something and SBMX. So. Much. Better.

I'm sure there was a reason Sony put this piece of plastic on, but I feel I'm finally using the tablet to its potential. Pro far outweighs con.

Did your wife put an other screen protector on it? And if so, how is the stylus experience then?
If not, not too scared of scratches?

Thanks!
15th August 2012, 04:00 PM   |  #52  
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Wow, I'd seen this thread before, but I can't believe I took this long to remove the screen protector from my tablet.

The clarity and brightness are much better, as well as the touch response.
6th February 2013, 10:54 PM   |  #53  
Flag Naples
Thanks Meter: 7

46 posts
More
Needle was an awesome idea! I'm quite surprised!

And the result is fantastic. Mine got a big scratch in the center... gone.
Last edited by cm3tx; 6th February 2013 at 10:57 PM.
6th February 2013, 11:42 PM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 130

1,183 posts
Question is though, with the Xperia Tablet that has the anti-finger print and splash proofing, will removing this affect that?
7th February 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 38

338 posts
Put on new screen protector who care's about little bit more brightness clarity ?
Did even keep screen clean ? Cleaning does same thing.
8th February 2013, 06:56 PM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 14

196 posts
I Can See The Screen Protector In My Arc and In My Tablet S, But Not In The Xperia Tablet S
The Xperia Tablet S Has A screen Protector On It?
8th February 2013, 09:58 PM   |  #57  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 40

281 posts
Donate to Me
More
Re: Guide: Remove the Screen Protector for improved clarity, brightness and color pal
My advice, put it off and clean the screen surface with window cleaner and cotton.

Improved touch panel.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using xda app-developers app
9th February 2013, 12:43 PM   |  #58  
Thanks Meter: 35

231 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebasgl1

I Can See The Screen Protector In My Arc and In My Tablet S, But Not In The Xperia Tablet S
The Xperia Tablet S Has A screen Protector On It?

I think the Xperia Tablet doesnt have a screen protector on top, or if it has, its just some very thin film for water proof.. It feels like solid glass when touching it, unlike my Arc S which has this plastic feel to it..
12th February 2013, 01:48 AM   |  #59  
Thanks Meter: 38

338 posts
Nvm
Last edited by Zer0K3wL; 12th February 2013 at 01:51 AM.
18th August 2013, 02:27 AM   |  #60  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Removed film within short seconds
This thread is a little old, but I've been struggling wether or not to get rid of my Tablet S. I have a love/hate relationship with it. For my gaming uses it's very powerful and fast. But I've been wanting some stylus input on it so bad. I've been trying to remove that factory film on it for months with no luck, until today I took out an Xacto blade, and very carefully, using the blade part to lift the film, it was out in LESS THAN A SECOND! I really suggest anyone else to try it. I'll post pics and feedback soon. I might eventually get another more stylus enabled tab for drawing purposes. NO IPAD....apple has dissapointed me terribly....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
glass, protective film, screen protector, tablet s, xperia play
Previous Thread Next Thread