Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,727,987 Members 45,989 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

OFF-TOPIC section to discuss other devices and upgrading

Tip us?

KennyG123
Old
RC-RT Committee / Senior Moderator / Spider-Mod - OP
Thanks Meter 25412

DONATE TO ME
Default OFF-TOPIC section to discuss other devices and upgrading

It seems that time of year has come around and new devices are rolling out. People are discussing their upgrade options.
Please use this thread for all other device discussions, comparisons and upgrade options.
Thank you
Friendly Neighborhood Moderator

Moderator Directory - - - FORUM RULES - - - Support Autism Awareness here
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chris0160
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Ok, thanks again for directing me to the proper thread. Now I want the G2, the Galaxy Mega, or the Note III. Why the G2? It's the 4G advanced S4. The Mega.... well obviously I'm the type that can't afford to have a tablet and a phone simply because bills and no wifi atm.... The Note III I don't know I like it due to I loved the 2. What can be a deal breaker if there is no 2.5/6ghz (Clearwire LTE) connectivity, or no 800 lte. The Mega has mid-range specs compared to all phones listed above, its a bigger less powerful S4, not a phone I want to be with two years from now so I'll be fine with either the G2 or the Note III (depending on the LTE bands it supports)

faceless
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0160 View Post
Ok, thanks again for directing me to the proper thread. Now I want the G2, the Galaxy Mega, or the Note III. Why the G2? It's the 4G advanced S4. The Mega.... well obviously I'm the type that can't afford to have a tablet and a phone simply because bills and no wifi atm.... The Note III I don't know I like it due to I loved the 2. What can be a deal breaker if there is no 2.5/6ghz (Clearwire LTE) connectivity, or no 800 lte. The Mega has mid-range specs compared to all phones listed above, its a bigger less powerful S4, not a phone I want to be with two years from now so I'll be fine with either the G2 or the Note III (depending on the LTE bands it supports)
i read that the G2 doesn't do SVDO or (the real deal killer) SVLTE, wassupwitdat?

chris0160
Old
Thanks Meter 38
CDMA1X, EV-DO, GSM, W-CDMA, and LTE all share the same transmit path, thus no SVDO nor SVLTE. Meh didnt care for it too much, it was nice when i had LTE when I was on the phone

Tw1sted247
Old
Thanks Meter 821
Note 3 on Sprint baby
Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
JellyBomb v3.2.0 / Strongsteve Odexed Blue 3.2 / ToXiC 1.0.2
Apex Launcher Pro / Nova Launcher
Kernel:by Freeza
Baseband: Mj4
TeamWinRecovery 2.6.3.7

Flash-a-holic

Retired Devices: Samsung a-920 ->Motorola Q ->Palm Pre ->HTC Evo4G -> Galaxy Note 2

jonwb
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw1sted247 View Post
Note 3 on Sprint baby
... Question is, how long 'til it's available?

Bonus question: on-contract price? $250?? $300?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

chris0160
Old
(Last edited by chris0160; 22nd August 2013 at 11:32 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Many different sites have it pegged for early Sept release. Some say from early to mid Sept.

http://androidcommunity.com/samsung-...mber-20130820/

Looking at this picture hopes this isnt the final build. It makes me think of the iPhone 5.

A2CKilla
Old
Thanks Meter 101
well the galaxy mega is coming to sprint too, so many phablet choices!!!!!

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Samsu...-month_id46546
"if you don't like sprint (and or price changes that are stated to change at anytime in the contract THAT YOU SIGNED!!!!) then you can giiiit oouuutt"

bumsock
Old
Thanks Meter 32
I'm guessing more like $350.00 For sprint. Bastards......

Sent from my LG-LS970

jt404
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Note 3

I heard about the note 3. but haven't heard anything as of yet to make me want to run out and get it right when it drops on the market. unless I missed some of the specs?