[TUT] Instructions MTK6577 USB VCOM Driver Installation

Search This thread

trayluv73

Mar 20, 2012
drivers

For 3 days I've been trying to get my phone to connect but no luck! I've download several of the usb drivers and followed several tutorials but i still can't get this to work!!! The reason I want to do this is because the modem isn't working. It reads the sim cards but I get no single! I think because it was updated ( I didn't do it) and no signal on any sim card! Help on both fronts!! Thanks

mitchell_lra

Dec 25, 2012
Lisbon
Note for the step 4

[4] Your switched off Smartphone with inserted rechargeable battery via USB connect now on the PC, you should now see a MT65xx preloader in the Device Manager.
(With some MTK6577 Smartphones should be installed without battery. Please before hand inform.)

Note for the step [4]:

If you can NOT find MT65xx Preloader under Other Devices in the Device Manager go to:
View -> Check Show hidden devices

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

The problem is that the link for Drivers for Windows 8 isnt the driver
Just look the links:

Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W7/Vista/XP) -> ...
300kb?

Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W8) -> ...
8 mg???

I followed this tutorial and I had the same issue, so I first installed the Windows 7 driver and after that I updated driver to the Windows 8.

I'm using Win8 (x64)

Good luck!

Reactions: walikota and zEr!

p_shep

Nov 2, 2006
I'm also having major troubles.
Tried all the various instructions on win 8 x64 and win 7 x64 and the same thing keeps happening... the VCOM port will show for a couple of seconds, then disappear. When using the flash tool, it'll start, then just stop when the device disappears.

I suspect it's the phone (B92M) doing this, don't know if I need to put it in some kind of mode (recovery doesn't help)

BHARDIK

May 27, 2012
Rajkot, Gujarat
www.hardikahir.in
After installing all drivers and connecting the phone to pc without battery, the device manager shows it as mt65xx preloader.. but in few seconds it goes off . It comes as an unknown device..

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda premium

ok right click on MT65xx Preloader while its detect in device manager in win8 then choose update driver software and give forcefully update , i mean choose file from folder and give MTK USB Port driver files from driver 64 bit folder of win 8 and its detected after this process end .:)
Tested by me

Thanks
Hardy

Reactions: endking

trayluv73

Mar 20, 2012
no go

This is crazy!! I will gladly give a donation to anyone who post a video tutorial on this. I've wasted 7 days on this phone!! HELP PLEASE!!! Is this the only way to install different roms on these phones? If I ever get CWM on here will I be able to install roms like I did when I had the real galaxy phones?

gregferns

Sep 19, 2009
Mumbai
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus Nord
This is crazy!! I will gladly give a donation to anyone who post a video tutorial on this. I've wasted 7 days on this phone!! HELP PLEASE!!! Is this the only way to install different roms on these phones? If I ever get CWM on here will I be able to install roms like I did when I had the real galaxy phones?

Yes, if u manage to get CWM or TWRP installed then you can flash the SU zip whereby you willl get root.....

regards
greg

trayluv73

Mar 20, 2012
connected

BUT, I think I finally got it connected, had to use windows 8 and the vcom drivers and installer in one and it worked. Now when I run the splash tool it now stops and says there isn't enough memory!! I checked my phone and I only have 83.17mb!! I did the factory restore and erased everything I could and this is all I can get!! HELP!!

n4w4k

Sep 9, 2008
Tried all the various instructions on win 8 x64 and win 7 x64 and the same thing keeps happening... the VCOM port will show for a couple of seconds, then disappear. When using the flash tool, it'll start, then just stop when the device disappears.

I suspect it's the phone (B92M) doing this, don't know if I need to put it in some kind of mode (recovery doesn't help)

I've followed ALL the instructions word for word now and still can't get it to install the MT6577 drivers correctly. I've tried the OP's method as well as apoorv.mehrotra's method. Have rebooted my PC now 28 times! Still can't get it to work. I have exactly the same problem as everyone else - the phone appears in device manager for 3 seconds then disconnects suddenly. Even the legacy installation method does not work. I've tried on a Windows 7 64-bit machine as well as a Windows XP 32-bit machine - exactly the same outcome each time.

Help!

The fact that the "preloader COM port" appears and then disappears 3 sec later IS THE CORRECT BEHAVIOR!! I also had a hard time with this driver because I thought it meant there was a problem. That's why when you flash with Flash_tool.exe, you FIRST click on "download" THEN connect the (off) phone. Flash_tool will connect to it in the brief moment it is seen by the device manager and KEEP IT CONNECTED while it flashes!
IMHO, this information should be included in red in the 1st post because it seems to throw off a lot of people!

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
thanks..ive been looking for this..for using snwrite tool...and my trouble was usb vcom..
its because on my usb port to many flashdisk to boost perfomance my pc and i use usb modem..so com port on my pc doesnt detect/wrong detect my phone so i install manually the driver using usb viewer
after i use this tutor, i manage to use snwrite tool on windows 7 x64 sp1..:) :D.

btw my phone mtk6577

Capture2.PNG
2.PNG

and may i add, i write imei and wifi mac addres on stock rom (fresh flashed) not from custom rom..

Last edited:

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
i just installed the 64Bit drivers from the 1st post link and now when i connect my phone via USB it shows as A116 connected is this good enough for me to use the SP tool to flash what i want:confused:

Note : Yes its working fine for me used SP tool and flashed CWM sucessfully & also flashed melting rock rom
im using win7 64bit OS on my laptop

Last edited:

bayustev

Jul 1, 2012
in my head
The fact that the "preloader COM port" appears and then disappears 3 sec later IS THE CORRECT BEHAVIOR!! I also had a hard time with this driver because I thought it meant there was a problem. That's why when you flash with Flash_tool.exe, you FIRST click on "download" THEN connect the (off) phone. Flash_tool will connect to it in the brief moment it is seen by the device manager and KEEP IT CONNECTED while it flashes!
IMHO, this information should be included in red in the 1st post because it seems to throw off a lot of people!

canceled sorry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jayce-eN

shani420

Jan 28, 2012
Karachi
Thanks man you are life saver... I finally solved with your guide.. before that i was messing with many other guides and finally it has be resolved.. Your guide is 100% correct and working with Xp sp3 as I am gsm technician so we are bound to use it....
Regards
Zeeshan

Jeewan Deep

Jun 2, 2013
kolkata
MX IMEI prob solved ...and its all thx to u bro..

Due ... it was a headache for me since i had this NVRAM issues...(IMEI & WIFI) which actually occurred due to my fault only.. . Really thx 4 sharing the methods to fix it . My IMEI is fixed now... but wanted to know what lock IMEI would do...??? and i am having a bit doubt abt wifi... the thing is ... did u said to type the wifi mac address which i can c now ..that is when i am having the NVRAM error .. dt time smthing like it shows 00:08: etc etc.... ??? I typed the MAC address which i saw...on abt phone status.. while i ws receiving the error..!! and after doing thatand finishing..... i checked .it again.!!! it gave a different MAC address.. nd ws not giving me the error... so...!! i take it as fixed.. still plz clear my doubt...:confused::confused:

sayadrameez

Jan 31, 2013
Bangalore
Issues with Karbonn K1616(non Android) flash

Hi,
using the instructions mentioned in the post I was able to install MTK drivers in Windows 8. But as some people have complained , the COM port is detected for hardly 2 seconds. I'm trying to flash a non Android Device karbonn K1616. I read most of the places that a flash box is required.
I was trying out few things to get something working with just a micro USB cable. FYI , I have flashed MMX A110 and Karbonn A9+ android devices earlier so ADB are getting detected properly.

I wanted to ask if the flash box is necessary even when I'm able to just detect the COM port in Device Manager, but I haven't been able to download or get the device detected in any of the flash tools so far. I believe the device supports MTK62xx series.

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks All.

zEr!

Aug 13, 2012
ahmedabad
HELP?????!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since here every day again and again problems with the USB VCOM driver installation for MTK6577 appear Phones, here is a short guide to the installation, and a final, successful test with SPFlashtool!

Installation of the USB VCOM driver:

[1] With USBDeview, clean up your PC from all possible old MTK VCOM entries, then reboot your PC.

usbdeview.gif

[2] Smartphone is switched off, and still dont connect via USB to the PC.

[3] Open Device Manager and leave it open!

[4] Your switched off Smartphone with inserted rechargeable battery via USB connect now on the PC, you should now see a MT65xx preloader in the Device Manager.
(With some MTK6577 Smartphones should be installed without battery. Please before hand inform.)

99033947.gif

[5] now launch the Installdriver.exe from the unzipped MT6577 USB VCOM drivers folder. Confirm the installation of unsigned drivers

78665039.gif

[6] now! (W7 x 64 this confirmation comes later in the manual installation!) After the installation is complete, you have no entry in the Device Manager, it is correctly!

25756381.gif

23882274.gif

[7] PC reboot!

[8] Open Device Manager and open the switched-off Smartphone via USB to the PC release, now connect (same USB port!)

[9] Now a MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM should appear for a brief moment in the Device Manager entry!

62160573.gif

[10] At the moment the entry double click and click on "Update driver" under the tab "Driver".

[11] With the wizard in the unzipped MTK 6577 USB VCOM drivers navigate and select the folder for your operating system.

22533278.gif

76779618.gif

50975179.gif

there is no drivers for win 8 please help!!!!!!!!!!!!11:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------

:mad::mad::mad:

The problem is that the link for Drivers for Windows 8 isnt the driver
Just look the links:

Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W7/Vista/XP) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?cypm22rgs2k83ji
300kb?

Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W8) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?7yee2of64nhl947
8 mg???

this thread is dead!!! i need drivers for win 8 help me please or u r just like me waiting for the rain in desert???????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

zEr!

Aug 13, 2012
ahmedabad
Hope you can help

Note for the step [4]:

If you can NOT find MT65xx Preloader under Other Devices in the Device Manager go to:
View -> Check Show hidden devices

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 PM ----------

I followed this tutorial and I had the same issue, so I first installed the Windows 7 driver and after that I updated driver to the Windows 8.

I'm using Win8 (x64)

Good luck!

i tried installing win 7 drivers but im not getting mtk preloader option when i connect my switch off phone without battery or with battery:( help!!!!!!!!!!

Rocco61

Feb 19, 2012
Hello!! I'm trying to install on My Asus memopad hd 7 a custom recovery but the PC never find MTK peloader device so when I start flash tool and try to flash it the tool stuck on sercing... I use win 7 home premium 64bit.. Any idea for that? I try 50 time to install again the driver but same results every time..

Last edited:

imloy

Aug 4, 2012
Mumbai
Realme X2 Pro
Not able to install Micromax A90s drivers

I have tried this procedure but I am not able to install it. Instead of MediaTek 6577 driver, Mobistel PreLoader USB vcom gets installed. What is the matter? I want to udpate my Micromax A90s to jelly bean.

culae

Apr 30, 2013
don't re-post ALL THE GUIDE just to make a question

there is no drivers for win 8 please help!!!!!!!!!!!!11:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 AM ----------
:mad::mad::mad:
this thread is dead!!! i need drivers for win 8 help me please or u r just like me waiting for the rain in desert???????:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

and you cited ALL THE GUIDE just to say you don't find the driver?!!? could you, please, delete the unnecesary and long texts with no relevance to your question?

Reactions: havel123

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since here every day again and again problems with the USB VCOM driver installation for MTK6577 appear Phones, here is a short guide to the installation, and a final, successful test with SPFlashtool!

Installation of the USB VCOM driver:

[1] With USBDeview, clean up your PC from all possible old MTK VCOM entries, then reboot your PC.

usbdeview.gif

[2] Smartphone is switched off, and still dont connect via USB to the PC.

[3] Open Device Manager and leave it open!

99033947.gif

[5] now launch the Installdriver.exe from the unzipped MT6577 USB VCOM drivers folder. Confirm the installation of unsigned drivers

78665039.gif

[6] now! (W7 x 64 this confirmation comes later in the manual installation!) After the installation is complete, you have no entry in the Device Manager, it is correctly!

25756381.gif

23882274.gif

[7] PC reboot!

[8] Open Device Manager and open the switched-off Smartphone via USB to the PC release, now connect (same USB port!)

[9] Now a MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM should appear for a brief moment in the Device Manager entry!

62160573.gif

[10] At the moment the entry double click and click on "Update driver" under the tab "Driver".

[11] With the wizard in the unzipped MTK 6577 USB VCOM drivers navigate and select the folder for your operating system.

22533278.gif

76779618.gif

50975179.gif

Required Downloads:
    Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W7/Vista/XP) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?cypm22rgs2k83ji
    Download MT6577 USB VCOM Driver (W8) -> http://www.mediafire.com/?7yee2of64nhl947
    Download USBDeview -> http://www.mediafire.com/?becpnj761zh5o2w
    Download USBDeview x64 -> http://www.mediafire.com/?41i2k36yyi1fzhz
    Hello All,
    I tried both on window 7 & 8; 64 bit and procedure as mentioned by the OP is perfect; however i am posting it again here
    1) Download the flash tools from anywhere preferably most updated one: SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1224.01
    2) Download the recovery which ever you like TWRP / CMW (I tried both of them now and they are working for me on MMX A110)
    3) In your desktop / laptop please ensure you allow installation of unsigned drivers (youtube will help for this)
    4) Download and install MTK6577 Drivers for your device (this will only work after you clear step 3)
    5) If still not working, download USBDEVIEW (usb driver remover) and run it as "Administrator" uninstall all the USB drivers relevant to your device and repeat above steps
    6) Now connect your phone, with portable media option selected in USB or the default mode. Let it install and finish
    7) Once done switch-off your phone while it is connected through USB (Again this will install a driver which will look like MTK65xx something...
    8) Remove the battery of phone let your PC install the driver again (battery not plugged in, only phone connected with USB). You will see for a shot time that charging icon will appear on phone and disappear; this will install something in the background again on your PC
    10) To confirm this, put your battrey again back in your phone with USB (still) connected to PC
    11) go to system manager of your PC and look for MTK 6577 something ... something... driver
    12) Now disconnect your phone and switch it on
    13) Start the flash tool
    14) Select the recovery option only in tool (TWRP / CMW / LEWA Whichever you like)
    15) Click download
    16) Connect your phone (which i assume is switched on), once you connect switch it off (no need to remove battery or anything)
    18) Look at the status bar of your flash tool (nothing to worry, no need to do anything)
    19) RED Bar -> Yellow Bar -> Green Ring
    20) Disconnect
    21) Reboot in recovery (TWRP / CMW / LEWA) is flashed...

I've followed ALL the instructions word for word now and still can't get it to install the MT6577 drivers correctly. I've tried the OP's method as well as apoorv.mehrotra's method. Have rebooted my PC now 28 times! Still can't get it to work. I have exactly the same problem as everyone else - the phone appears in device manager for 3 seconds then disconnects suddenly. Even the legacy installation method does not work. I've tried on a Windows 7 64-bit machine as well as a Windows XP 32-bit machine - exactly the same outcome each time.

Help!

Mediatek WHQL signed drivers. No need to Disable Driver Signature Verification on 64-Bit Windows.
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/64fabkzkk9qfhkm/MTK_USB_COM_Driver_SDK_v1.12.50.0_WHQL.rar

MediaTeks all serial port versions uses same driver, So if even your USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX is not listed in this driver, just select one of listed and signed devices from list. They will still work.