Q & T for Pixeldroid JB 4.2.2 AOKP & CARBON 720p/HW/Sound/NOS

Search This thread

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Could you or anyone post a video: navigating the phone, opening some apps, make a call.etc. It would help people understand what people mean fast, smooth.

I have the same problem
send sms to O2 in uk to 4444. android phone stopped.

i just tryed to apps to record vid with and they slowed the phone down once i turned them off the phone was back to normal speed
i tried screencast and one called scr
if anyone knows of something bettor to record vid of the phone please let me know

mihaid

Mar 30, 2007
i just tryed to apps to record vid with and they slowed the phone down once i turned them off the phone was back to normal speed
i tried screencast and one called scr
if anyone knows of something bettor to record vid of the phone please let me know
You could try using another camera to video, one hand recording camera one hand using your phone, should work fairly easy.

XeYex

Jun 10, 2010
Modena
Bugs

Hi at all I have installed this rom and I founded two problems in it.
The first is an error message that appear each time I turn on my phone. In this message is written approximately: system process has stopped unexpected.
The second is related to the YouTube app update. The videos don't start playing...I don't know why.
My installation is:
EU HD2 with clk, system partition of 400 Mb, dataonext, zram activated, with a 16Gb class10 SD card (about 12.9 Gb Fat32, 2 Gb Ext4, 256 Mb Swap).
Hope someone could help me.

Michele

twoxx

Jun 3, 2012
Hi at all I have installed this rom and I founded two problems in it.
The first is an error message that appear each time I turn on my phone. In this message is written approximately: system process has stopped unexpected.
The second is related to the YouTube app update. The videos don't start playing...I don't know why.
My installation is:
EU HD2 with clk, system partition of 400 Mb, dataonext, zram activated, with a 16Gb class10 SD card (about 12.9 Gb Fat32, 2 Gb Ext4, 256 Mb Swap).
Hope someone could help me.

Michele

Maybe the system has problems with activated zram AND Swap.

XeYex

Jun 10, 2010
Modena
Maybe the system has problems with activated zram AND Swap.

I had always thought that were the same thing or that they are both required if I want to increase RAM amount. I have always used together since 2.3.7 ROMs.
So what do you suggest?
If I have a swap partition on my sd card, I need to do something to use it whit this ROM or it will be used atomatically?

ssfrix

Sep 6, 2010
great rom, fast, smooth, great battery use !!!

i only got 1 problem ... my list from ringtones and notifications are empty ... what can i do ?

my setup is MAGLDR 1.13
EU 512

400/5

DataOnExt

Fat32 10gb (primary) / ext4 4gb (primary) / swap 512 (primary)

carlos71451

Apr 3, 2011
Problem updating google search

I have a tmobile USA with this Rom on nand and 256 swap on sd. 400mb and 5 cache, magldr. When i open google seach the background is black and seems modifided. I tried both 4.2.2 V7.0 and this rom and this one seems for me seems to work better with animations. Other than that they are both are great roms. The only problem that i have with this rom V 3.0 is that i need to update google search. I tried to uninstall it with toolbox and it unistalled but i still could not install from the market. Has anybody been able to update google search? In V 7.0 i updated it normally i think is because the black background in the app google search in this rom. In V 7.0 it has a normal background.

twoxx

Jun 3, 2012
I had always thought that were the same thing or that they are both required if I want to increase RAM amount. I have always used together since 2.3.7 ROMs.
So what do you suggest?
If I have a swap partition on my sd card, I need to do something to use it whit this ROM or it will be used atomatically?

Well....:D

zram and swap-partition are two different things.

If you activate zram then android will use parts of your internal ram as a kind of "zram-partition". Internal ram is a very fast memory, so zram-method is very fast, but makes internal ram smaller.

If you activate swap then your swap-partition on sd-card will be used in order to outsource parts of internal ram.

So you can enlarge your internal ram, but it is not like 500 mb internal ram + 300 mb swap = 800 mb ram.
That's not true.

If you use swap-partition it depends on "Swappiness"-value how android will use swap.

For example:

Swappiness 30 means:

30 percent of all write actions into ram will be outcourced to swap-partition and 70 percent of all other write actions will be written on internal ram.

Swappiness 100 means:

Nearly nothing will be written on internal ram any more, all write actions will be outcourced to swap-partition.
I said "nearly" because some little things will be written on internal ram further on.
If you have a very fast sd-card - you can speed up your phone with this method.

The decition between zram and swap depends on how you are using your phone.

If you have a fast sd-card you can use swap-partition if your sd-card is slow - then zram is better for you.

If there are running many apps in background that must stay in background like antivirus-apps, whatsapp, taskkillers and so on,
i prefer using a swap partition instead of zram.

If you do not run many apps in background and if your are only using those playstore apps like games and so on that will be started and after using them they can be ended and erased out of memory by androids internal memory manager, then your system might be a little bit snappier by using zram.

I use a 64gb sandisk extreme sd-card and swap-partition / swappiness 100. This speeds up my system a little bit. no zram.

If you are using pixeldroids rom, then nos-injection-script activates zram automatically. if you want to use swap an no zram - you have to
erase those lines out of init.d-script "nos-injection-4cylturbo" :

# KERNEL zRAM ================
#=============================
#
# This will only work if your kernel supports zRAM!
# so your kernel DOES NOT have zRAM? Then this script won't work!!!

echo "1" > /sys/block/zram0/reset
echo $((60*1024*1024)) > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

After that you have to activate swap-partition.

If you installed pixelfreaks rom, then you were able to activate swap in aroma-installer during your installation of your rom.

If you activated swapping in aroma - then only erase those lines above in nos-injections-script and finished.

If you didn't activate swapping in aroma, you have to activate it manually by using playstore-app "swapper" or by using an
init.d-script.

you can extract init.d-script "99swap" out of pixelfreaks rom-zip-file and put it into system/etc/init.d in your rom on your phone.
open script with a text-edior an set swappiness to value you decided.

set permissions to -rwxrwxrwx and reboot. Finished!!

Pixelfreaks nos-injection automatically sets readahead-value to 4096. This value runs with most sd-cards.

In my case it slows down my sd-card a little bit. My sd-card runs faster with readahead 6144. you have to try which value
is best for your sd-card in order to speed your system a little bit up.

Last edited:

XeYex

Jun 10, 2010
Modena

If you activate zram then android will use parts of your internal ram as a kind of "zram-partition". Internal ram is a very fast memory, so zram-method is very fast, but makes internal ram smaller.

If you activate swap then your swap-partition on sd-card will be used in order to outsource parts of internal ram.

So you can enlarge your internal ram, but it is not like 500 mb internal ram + 300 mb swap = 800 mb ram.
That's not true.

If you use swap-partition it depends on "Swappiness"-value how android will use swap.

For example:

Swappiness 30 means:

30 percent of all write actions into ram will be outcourced to swap-partition and 70 percent of all other write actions will be written on internal ram.

Swappiness 100 means:

Nearly nothing will be written on internal ram any more, all write actions will be outcourced to swap-partition.
I said "nearly" because some little things will be written on internal ram further on.

If you have a fast sd-card you can use swap-partition if your sd-card is slow - then zram is better for you.

If there are running many apps in background that must stay in background like antivirus-apps, whatsapp, taskkillers and so on,

If you do not run many apps in background and if your are only using those playstore apps like games and so on that will be started and after using them they can be ended and erased out of memory by androids internal memory manager, then your system might be a little bit snappier by using zram.

I use a 64gb sandisk extreme sd-card and swap-partition / swappiness 100. This speeds up my system a little bit. no zram.

If you are using pixeldroids rom, then nos-injection-script activates zram automatically. if you want to use swap an no zram - you have to

#

mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

If you installed pixelfreaks rom, then you were able to activate swap in aroma-installer during your installation of your rom.

If you activated swapping in aroma - then only erase those lines above in nos-injections-script and finished.

If you didn't activate swapping in aroma, you have to activate it manually by using playstore-app "swapper" or by using an
init.d-script.

you can extract init.d-script "99swap" out of pixelfreaks rom-zip-file and put it into system/etc/init.d in your rom on your phone.

Pixelfreaks nos-injection automatically sets readahead-value to 4096. This value runs with most sd-cards.

In my case it slows down my sd-card a little bit. My sd-card runs faster with readahead 6144. you have to try which value

Thank you! :fingers-crossed:
Your post really help me understanding better this things :) I think I will do a backup with titanium and after I will do a clean install to be more sure :)

pranKster78

Aug 12, 2011
Realme 6 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
Issues with V2 on Hd2. Help needed.

I have tried on 2 bootloader : CLK and MAG
partition sizes: 5 | 380 | 5
and follow the install instructions
but...nothing changes
when I send sms to the operator mobile => "unfortunately the process com.android.phone has stopped"

Hi Pixelfreak & Kameirus,

Thanks for Helping all, I am also having same issues too. Here the operator is the network provider like O2 in UK & At&t in US. I am new to Android on HD2, but have been following your work for sometime now. I am facing another problem. I cannot reboot to recovery. When ever I try, phone goes to bootloader MAGLDR, then after that it boots into PixelDroid. Please tell me if I have missed some thing ? How can I install new V3 without going into recovery ?

My Phone is LEO-EU

misc ya 1M
recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 10M recovery.img
boot yboot|ro 10M
system ya 390M
cache ya 2M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Transcend Premium MicroSD UHS-I 32 GB CARD with following Partitions
1. EXT4 - 5.6GB (Primary, Default Cluster)
2. FAT32 - 21GB (Primary, Default Cluster)
3. LINUX SWAP - 433 MB (Primary)

I followed the instructions as said in the thread, but selected Native SD installation because I have HD2 EU.

Please help.

Many Many Thanks for your work with HTC HD2, keep it alive.

-Pk.

Kameirus

Feb 5, 2010
Akron Ohio
Hi Pixelfreak & Kameirus,

Thanks for Helping all, I am also having same issues too. Here the operator is the network provider like O2 in UK & At&t in US. I am new to Android on HD2, but have been following your work for sometime now. I am facing another problem. I cannot reboot to recovery. When ever I try, phone goes to bootloader MAGLDR, then after that it boots into PixelDroid. Please tell me if I have missed some thing ? How can I install new V3 without going into recovery ?

My Phone is LEO-EU

misc ya 1M
recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 10M recovery.img
boot yboot|ro 10M
system ya 390M
cache ya 2M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

Transcend Premium MicroSD UHS-I 32 GB CARD with following Partitions
1. EXT4 - 5.6GB (Primary, Default Cluster)
2. FAT32 - 21GB (Primary, Default Cluster)
3. LINUX SWAP - 433 MB (Primary)

I followed the instructions as said in the thread, but selected Native SD installation because I have HD2 EU.

Please help.

Many Many Thanks for your work with HTC HD2, keep it alive.

-Pk.

not sure why some of you are having the sim issue
and on the magldr issue i havent used it in over almost 2 years
maybe pixel will no more about that as i believe he uses magldr

mihaid

Mar 30, 2007
instal super wipe via CWM

In the instructions it says that. What size CWM recovery do you have installed 150MB, 250 or 400?

Also make full wipe via CWM, what does full wipe mean? which steps?

Last edited:

That's not true.

For example:

Swappiness 30 means:

Swappiness 100 means:

#

mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

init.d-script.

Hi twoxx, your post really helped me a lot to understand why I have some issues with speed, hangs and sometime not responding touch screen.

If i got you right then zram is enabled by default in pixelfreaks rom. Right?

That's my problem since I didn't activate swap. No need for me until i started using this rom. My System often needs a lot of time to boot. Nova is hanging sometimes and have to be restarted, apps are not responding or slow.

I have lots of apps and many of them like to start a process at boot although i deactivated their boot receivers. After a long period, when everything is settled after boot and processes are killed by me everything is working normal until I use an app which allocate a lot of ram like browser, mail etc. Then everything slows down again.

Do you think disabling zram without activating swap can speed up my system a bit? Otherwise i have to do a lot of Backup stuff and repartition my sd to activate swap afterwards (no swap partition on card yet)

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

twoxx

Jun 3, 2012
I think so

Hi twoxx, your post really helped me a lot to understand why I have some issues with speed, hangs and sometime not responding touch screen.

If i got you right then zram is enabled by default in pixelfreaks rom. Right?

That's my problem since I didn't activate swap. No need for me until i started using this rom. My System often needs a lot of time to boot. Nova is hanging sometimes and have to be restarted, apps are not responding or slow.

I have lots of apps and many of them like to start a process at boot although i deactivated their boot receivers. After a long period, when everything is settled after boot and processes are killed by me everything is working normal until I use an app which allocate a lot of ram like browser, mail etc. Then everything slows down again.

Do you think disabling zram without activating swap can speed up my system a bit? Otherwise i have to do a lot of Backup stuff and repartition my sd to activate swap afterwards (no swap partition on card yet)

Thanks.

Disabling zram without activating swap is worth a try. I always recognize a little speed-up when i restarted my phone after i disabled zram and swap-script wasn't loaded.

Reactions: Elveneleven
Disabling zram without activating swap is worth a try. I always recognize a little speed-up when i restarted my phone after i disabled zram and swap-script wasn't loaded.

Thanks, I give it a try then without swap partition. In the meantime i prepare a second sdcard with swap partition and see if I can mirror my NativeSD roms to it.

twoxx

Jun 3, 2012
Reactions: Elveneleven

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So what do you suggest?

That's not true.

For example:

Swappiness 30 means:

Swappiness 100 means:

#

mkswap /dev/block/zram0
    swapon /dev/block/zram0

init.d-script.

if you have questions or problems with rom
    post them here not in the rom thread

failure to add the info below will result in your question not being answered untill you add the below info to your post

when posting about a problem please include which install you used [nand, dataonext or nativesd]
    which bootloader you are using [clk or magldr]
    and what partition size you used if its a nand or dataonext install
    and any relevant information you can think of ::: for instance..[i installed poweramp and my problem started
    this is a small tutorial on how i flash this rom
    first off i have a 430 system partiton and a 4 gig ext 4 partition
    i also use Kokotas black clk 1.5.1.9 and CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1
    and i use the dataonext install method

first thing i do is do a backup of the rom i have on my phone
    then i move the rom zip to my sdcard
    i then go into mounts and storage and
    format boot
    format cache
    format data
    format system
    format sd-ext

be carefull not to format sdcard

i then got into install zip from sd card then choose zip from sdcard
    then i pick the rom zip and and go thru the setup on aroma and choose the things i want to install
    when it finishes i reboot and let it sit at the lockscreen for 5 minutes
    then i go thru the setup and add my gmail account
    when its done with the setup stuff i once again let the phone sit for 5 minutes
    then i reboot one more time and begin fully setting up the phone the way i like it

i add alot of modded stuff to my phone for testing and regular use
    and the way i posted above has never failed me

link for CWM Recovery Touch Beta 8 Release Candidate 1
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1419733

link to kokotas blk clk
    http://www.mediafire.com/?tzg7whl9wwaih
    re

I translate through Google translator ... I do not understand: Confused: ... Could you just give a link?

kameirus have two links in the second post for the Recovery´s

pixelfreak
    HI, thank you for your work
    I've installed the rom< it worked fine at first , but now it keeps freezing and rebooting
    data on ext, system 400, cash 10, mgloader, ext 2gb, swap 256,
    what can I do to fix it?
    thank you

i have this rom on clk with a 425 partition data on ext with a 4 gig ext and no swap
    and its running smooth and fast i had one hot reboot while changing a theme
    but havent had one since and its been like 3 weeks now

maybe try without swap