[Mod][MotoActv] Tweaks+Mods Pack!

Search This thread

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
ive gathered some things and did a few tests on my MotoActv since ive gotten it and did some tweaks here and there and i added the following features to mine and put them into a flashable zip for u all

-init.d support (plus some scripts to make it faster then ever) (tested and working (makes two files in sdcard on boot to show it) (picks and chooses when to work now for some reason, so i put an app i made that loads scripts when onCreate()'d and sometimes on-boot)
-Viper4Android sound system (only works for bluetooth headsets if enabled, but its sounds better with good settings)(see credits)
-OpenVPN (idk if theres a use for us but i added the required files (no GUI)
-UsbEnabler.apk (see credits)
-Adblock host (hopefully it works i havent been able to test yet)
-lag-free entropy (so far seems to work, as im not lagging switching launchers anymore)
-MotoActv DPI (my own personall app i made for Changing dpi from 90,100, and stock(120)
-Sqlite3 + init.d sqlite3 optimizer
-Busybox Run-parts (for init.d, still picks and chooses when to work)
-100 Dpi When-Flashed (can be changed back to stock with the MotoActv DPI app i made)
-minor-to-major tweaks from init.d scripts and other methods
-DalvikCache2Sd (not sure if it truly tested working, but i do have a tiny bit more space+no lag like other 2SD methods

soon to be added:

I take bare minimum credit for these, i mostly used this personal zip for when i update my MotoActv's rom, this can be universal for other androids, but it was initially made to the MotoActv watch running custom roms

Credits to give:
(will edit when i get forum post urls and OP's names)

Viper4Android:
OP = @zhuhang
Thread = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

UsbEnabler:
OP = @fagalto
Thread = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2396138

init.d scripts, OpenVpn, Entropy:
i extracted from the rom on my phone so idk where they originally came from

Init.d App(unreleased w/o mod_pack)+MotoActv DPI:
OP:me @jkok for developing and publishing
Thread (MotoActv DPI):
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435370

Gallery+Live Wallapapers:
Google, But @ClearD for giving me the zip with the script+apks
the zip:
i put together, made the script, signed+released for general use for others:

future credits will be made when i add more things.

Download:
Reusable Download Link

Last edited:

ClearD

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
Awesome!

Here's a zip (with changed mounting, again; this time using the exact same one that I use for the rom) of the Live Wallpapers + Gallery apks. Hopefully, this one will work fine. :)

Attachments

• CDLiveWallpapers-signed.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 68

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Awesome!

Here's a zip (with changed mounting, again; this time using the exact same one that I use for the rom) of the Live Wallpapers + Gallery apks. Hopefully, this one will work fine. :)

well thanks ClearD i can do the script just fine, some of the mountpoints are universal like what i use
umount("/system");
or
run_program("xbin/mount", "/system"); (might be wrong on the xbin part, just going by memory
run_program("xbin/umount", "/system");

but the resolution on the galery on your motoactv rom is too big for it, it resizes dont get me wrong, but it needs to do a single horizontal row cause if u overscroll to the farest right u see there is second or more rows going down, imma fine the sourcecode for the galery2.apk, and make a single-row version when i find it =)

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
well thanks ClearD i can do the script just fine, some of the mountpoints are universal like what i use
umount("/system");
or
run_program("xbin/mount", "/system"); (might be wrong on the xbin part, just going by memory

but the resolution on the galery on your motoactv rom is too big for it, it resizes dont get me wrong, but it needs to do a single horizontal row cause if u overscroll to the farest right u see there is second or more rows going down, imma fine the sourcecode for the galery2.apk, and make a single-row version when i find it =)

Ah, sweet! That sounds good. :) I couldn't get it to mount properly any other way so far, but it could have been something as simple as a typo. If it does actually work, then I might use that in the future. That's the one I tried with the last iteration. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: b0bba

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Ah, sweet! That sounds good. :) I couldn't get it to mount properly any other way so far, but it could have been something as simple as a typo. If it does actually work, then I might use that in the future. :)

the universal way i do my scripts is
mount("ext3", "MTD", "system", "/system");
unmount("/system");
and it always seemed to work for me, so thats why i call it universal anyways
but the other ways i posted seemed to work for me when i tried em, i just used this way cause it was in a zip for a motoactv rom (i think it was yours or the battery mod)

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Opps! i was wrong, its not
run_program("xbin/mount", "system");
its
run_program("sbin/mount", "system");
lol i had to check my other mod zips lol

ClearD

Jan 10, 2009
Gallipolis
unmount("/system");
but the other ways i posted seemed to work for me when i tried em, i just used this way cause it was in a zip for a motoactv rom (i think it was yours or the battery mod)

Lol no doubt, I went through the same thing with the battery mod, looking over and over for one that worked better. I'd prefer the xbin/mount method, but for some reason, it was hit and miss on my end with end users. Not sure why, unless busybox wasn't set up right somehow. :confused:

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Just updated the mod_pack with more features!

Sorry but the only thing i havent really been able to fix that well way the init.d it seemed to workwhen i first released this mod_pack, but it seems to pick+choose when to work, so i added 2 other methods for init.d (one of which is an app i made, yet to release that loads the scripts when the app is onCreate()'d and sometimes on-boot when SuperUser allows it)

but there are some great new features that WILL work, along with some of my own personall apps, tweaks, and clock faces =)

Again: this mod_pack is meant for MotoActv's running a custom rom, and Not meant for AOSP based MotoActv Roms

Tested and confirmed working (except init.d that picks and chooses) on @ClearD 's ClearRom 1.2.0 T2 (and my own personal (un)Official 1.2.1 T1 i made for him)

Reactions: ClearD

Xenocide83

Jul 1, 2008
Honor View 10
OnePlus 8 Pro
For some reason all of the mods are being denied superuser, any ideas? I am setup to automatically allow all requests

Edit: Installed SuperSU and my problem has been resolved

Last edited:

Saeviomage

Mar 7, 2013
Has there been anything definitive about the entropy thing? The last consensus I saw by anyone not potentially making money from a fix is that at best it's just forcing the processor to stay awake, decreasing battery life.

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
Has there been anything definitive about the entropy thing? The last consensus I saw by anyone not potentially making money from a fix is that at best it's just forcing the processor to stay awake, decreasing battery life.
well by my testing before my motoactv went kaput it didnt affect the battery any noticeable amount, but it did solve some-to-all of the lag from switching launchers on the ClearDroid 1.2.0_T2 rom, i cannot make or update this mod-pack anymore because i dont like submitting a mod-pack that is untested, and since my motoactv went kaput i cannot test it anymore but if u have any questions feel free to ask and ill try to answer the best i can for now =)

yuiop0

Jan 29, 2008
not sure what is the right place to ask this... How does DPI change work? Does it mean the "system" screen resolution is changed? Let say, what is the "Full Screen" resolutions in 90/100/stock(120?) dpi's??? Where to read about it if it is not so simple???

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
not sure what is the right place to ask this... How does DPI change work? Does it mean the "system" screen resolution is changed? Let say, what is the "Full Screen" resolutions in 90/100/stock(120?) dpi's??? Where to read about it if it is not so simple???
Dont worry its ok to ask here, since i made this app after all :p, i might as well answer how this works =)

well to make it shorter and more understandable to alot more people:
Yes, it is the overall resolution of the screen:

DPI (dots-per-inch) is more like the size range to view images/displays/graphics on ANY of your LCD/LED Screened devices including androids, I-craps(iPhones/ipods :p)(sorry i dont like apple too much, bad excperiences, dont get offended if u like it as its just my personal preferences), blackberries, windows phones, TV's, computer Monitors, etc:

the stock setting for HDPI phones (the more common screened ones now) is 240, say if u lower it, the images get smaller, if u raise it it gets bigger (maybe even too big for the screen to handle correctly);

but since the MOTOACTV has a smaller screen as u can obviously see (if u have one that is, as i dont know others posesions =P), its default for the stock rom is 120 (1/2 of HDPI if u notice the math) and 120 is as big as it should go cause say for example 130 dpi, it makes the images slightly too big for the screen, but slightly smaller values (100 is usually smallest for alot of peoples eyes for the watch, but for some people like me that like them a tad smaller for sharp small details, i put 90), but literally the smaller the amounts go, the smaller the images(and possible errors, i.e ES File Explorer crashes below 120 DPI untill u restore to 120+) , and for the smaller screen we have u cant go too big (121+), or too small (>=90-100), so i put those details of 90,100,and 120 (no 110 as it doesnt make too much of a difference by what i saw)

but there is (a) way(s) to check what DPI u are at currently:

METHOD1.check your build.prop file under /system/build.prop by doin these ADB commands (**new line is a new command**) (commands stop at <EOC>)

adb remount
adb pull /system/build.prop

<EOC>

check somewhere using notepad for this line (NOTE: if u want to edit to push to your device use notepad++, search for it on google if u dont already have it, as regular notepad corrupts it)

ro.sf.lcd_density=(your current DPI is displayed here)

if u decide to change it that way and want to apply it MAKE A BACKUP!!!, then change it in notepad++ and save it, then goto the directory it is in in the terminal/command prompt and do (**new line is a new command**) (commands stop at <EOC>)
adb remount
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/build.prop
adb reboot

<EOC>
METHOD 2: Any DPI Checking/changer app (there might be some good free ones, i.e. pimpmyrom has a density changer (DPI changer) that works the same as mine i think, it changes the DPI value in the Build.prop and it WILL stick over reboots, just not rom flashes (as it overwrites it and my change)

if u want to see how i did this(if u understand java/android applications) u can check This app on my github, its acually fairly easy and lightweight compared to others

https://github.com/kittleapps/MotoActvDPI

and the exact class that does this (using a library), is this

https://github.com/kittleapps/MotoA...om/KittleApps/app/motoactvdpi/MainScreen.java

as u can see it changes it to 90,100, and 120 quite simply (with root access of course)

and sorry for this long message but it explains not only your question, but possible future questions on how this app works =)

Last edited:
Reactions: yuiop0

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
but there is (a) way(s) to check what DPI u are at currently:

METHOD1.check your build.prop file under /system/build.prop by doin these ADB commands (**new line is a new command**) (commands stop at <EOC>)

adb remount
adb pull /system/build.prop

<EOC>

check somewhere using notepad for this line (NOTE: if u want to edit to push to your device use notepad++, search for it on google if u dont already have it, as regular notepad corrupts it)

ro.sf.lcd_density=(your current DPI is displayed here)

if u decide to change it that way and want to apply it MAKE A BACKUP!!!, then change it in notepad++ and save it, then goto the directory it is in in the terminal/command prompt and do (**new line is a new command**) (commands stop at <EOC>)
adb remount
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/build.prop
adb reboot

<EOC>
METHOD 2: Any DPI Checking/changer app (there might be some good free ones, i.e. pimpmyrom has a density changer (DPI changer) that works the same as mine i think, it changes the DPI value in the Build.prop and it WILL stick over reboots, just not rom flashes (as it overwrites it and my change)

if u want to see how i did this(if u understand java/android applications) u can check This app on my github, its acually fairly easy and lightweight compared to others

https://github.com/kittleapps/MotoActvDPI

and the exact class that does this (using a library), is this

https://github.com/kittleapps/MotoA...om/KittleApps/app/motoactvdpi/MainScreen.java

as u can see it changes it to 90,100, and 120 quite simply (with root access of course)

and sorry for this long message but it explains not only your question, but possible future questions on how this app works =)

There is a 3rd method as well.

Method 3 = Install the Xposed framework and app settings apk found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44034334&postcount=2315

This will allow per app DPI settings rather than one global setting.

In order for this to work correctly, make sure you move both the Xposed Installer and App Settings apks to the phone after installation and reboot as well.

I like running some apps at 120, others at 100, 90, and even 70 w/ modded font sizes and this allows for all those combinations.

Reactions: yuiop0

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
There is a 3rd method as well.

Method 3 = Install the Xposed framework and app settings apk found here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=44034334&postcount=2315

This will allow per app DPI settings rather than one global setting.

In order for this to work correctly, make sure you move both the Xposed Installer and App Settings apks to the phone after installation and reboot as well.

I like running some apps at 120, others at 100, 90, and even 70 w/ modded font sizes and this allows for all those combinations.

that is true, but i didnt include that cause i was seeing people having issues with xposed-framework on the MOTOACTV on a few threads, and tbh i made this app+inlcuded in modpack before that method was usable for MOTOACTV (or gingerbread in general), thats kinda why i havent updated the modpack in a while (including the fact mine is damaged for some time now), i managed to fix mine up somewhat but it only turns on the backlight and no button combos work but to turn on backlight XD, so no fastboot recovery, boot-to-system, or quickboot :S and since the device is discontinued i cant get a real fix XD, so unless i personally test the things i put in this modpack, i cant make new versions to distribute for device stability reasons (e.g. in case it is corrupted and breaks someone elses device, as it is un-tested, since i dont have a device to test it on) :p

Artimis

Jan 18, 2010
that is true, but i didnt include that cause i was seeing people having issues with xposed-framework on the MOTOACTV on a few threads, and tbh i made this app+inlcuded in modpack before that method was usable for MOTOACTV (or gingerbread in general), thats kinda why i havent updated the modpack in a while (including the fact mine is damaged for some time now), i managed to fix mine up somewhat but it only turns on the backlight and no button combos work but to turn on backlight XD, so no fastboot recovery, boot-to-system, or quickboot :S and since the device is discontinued i cant get a real fix XD, so unless i personally test the things i put in this modpack, i cant make new versions to distribute for device stability reasons (e.g. in case it is corrupted and breaks someone elses device, as it is un-tested, since i dont have a device to test it on) :p

Sorry to hear that. I personally haven't loaded the mod pack yet. Was looking into cherry picking parts of it when I saw the question on DPI. I thought it was a general question.

In any case, I personally have not had any issues with Xposed on my actv. What issues have you heard about?

yuiop0

Jan 29, 2008
jkok - thank you so much for the explanations. It's become more clear for me but I'm not so experienced in android/development so I have some more questions related to dpi on actv.

My practical interest in this is - to investigate the possibility to run igo primo on this device (for route planning/voice navigation) because I'm not happy with Motorola map application (walk/run outdoor mode). I have some ideas how to modify igo's data.zip for specific screen resolutions (at least I managed to make "custom 640x480" data.zip for primo 2.4.0 WM for htc DIAM100) but I need to know what is the "Full Screen" resoluton (for igo and other applications) in different dpi modes on actv (ClearD 1.2.0 rom currently, just in case). Is it the same - 176x220 for all dpi's (I don't think so as the size of icons/fonts/etc are different). So, the real question is - what is the screen resolution I need to set up in data.zip to try to run igo primo on motoactv. To know that I need to understand if dpi change affects the "full screen resolution" in motoactv/android. And, once more, sorry if the question looks stupid (already explained etc) as I'm not developer...

jkok

Jan 26, 2013
jkok - thank you so much for the explanations. It's become more clear for me but I'm not so experienced in android/development so I have some more questions related to dpi on actv.

My practical interest in this is - to investigate the possibility to run igo primo on this device (for route planning/voice navigation) because I'm not happy with Motorola map application (walk/run outdoor mode). I have some ideas how to modify igo's data.zip for specific screen resolutions (at least I managed to make "custom 640x480" data.zip for primo 2.4.0 WM for htc DIAM100) but I need to know what is the "Full Screen" resoluton (for igo and other applications) in different dpi modes on actv (ClearD 1.2.0 rom currently, just in case). Is it the same - 176x220 for all dpi's (I don't think so as the size of icons/fonts/etc are different). So, the real question is - what is the screen resolution I need to set up in data.zip to try to run igo primo on motoactv. To know that I need to understand if dpi change affects the "full screen resolution" in motoactv/android. And, once more, sorry if the question looks stupid (already explained etc) as I'm not developer...
well im not familiar with those apps, as for the resolutions/dpi im not sure of that :S it could possible be found on google, as basic hdpi (240 dpi), usually is around 480*800, and 120 dpi is like the motoactv 220*176, so i guess there isnt a ratio it follows, just sizing of images maybee :S, but i also just became a developer more resently withing the last 2 years so im still learning :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ive gathered some things and did a few tests on my MotoActv since ive gotten it and did some tweaks here and there and i added the following features to mine and put them into a flashable zip for u all

-init.d support (plus some scripts to make it faster then ever) (tested and working (makes two files in sdcard on boot to show it) (picks and chooses when to work now for some reason, so i put an app i made that loads scripts when onCreate()'d and sometimes on-boot)
    -Viper4Android sound system (only works for bluetooth headsets if enabled, but its sounds better with good settings)(see credits)
    -OpenVPN (idk if theres a use for us but i added the required files (no GUI)
    -UsbEnabler.apk (see credits)
    -Adblock host (hopefully it works i havent been able to test yet)
    -lag-free entropy (so far seems to work, as im not lagging switching launchers anymore)
    -MotoActv DPI (my own personall app i made for Changing dpi from 90,100, and stock(120)
    -Sqlite3 + init.d sqlite3 optimizer
    -Busybox Run-parts (for init.d, still picks and chooses when to work)
    -100 Dpi When-Flashed (can be changed back to stock with the MotoActv DPI app i made)
    -minor-to-major tweaks from init.d scripts and other methods
    -DalvikCache2Sd (not sure if it truly tested working, but i do have a tiny bit more space+no lag like other 2SD methods

soon to be added:

I take bare minimum credit for these, i mostly used this personal zip for when i update my MotoActv's rom, this can be universal for other androids, but it was initially made to the MotoActv watch running custom roms

Credits to give:
    (will edit when i get forum post urls and OP's names)

Viper4Android:
    OP = @zhuhang
    Thread = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2191223

UsbEnabler:
    OP = @fagalto
    Thread = http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2396138

init.d scripts, OpenVpn, Entropy:
    i extracted from the rom on my phone so idk where they originally came from

Init.d App(unreleased w/o mod_pack)+MotoActv DPI:
    OP:me @jkok for developing and publishing
    Thread (MotoActv DPI):
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2435370

Gallery+Live Wallapapers:
    Google, But @ClearD for giving me the zip with the script+apks
    the zip:
    i put together, made the script, signed+released for general use for others:

future credits will be made when i add more things.

Download:
    Reusable Download Link
    Awesome!

umount("/system");
    or

Ah, sweet! That sounds good. :) I couldn't get it to mount properly any other way so far, but it could have been something as simple as a typo. If it does actually work, then I might use that in the future. That's the one I tried with the last iteration. :)
    Ah, sweet! That sounds good. :) I couldn't get it to mount properly any other way so far, but it could have been something as simple as a typo. If it does actually work, then I might use that in the future. :)

unmount("/system");
    Opps! i was wrong, its not
    run_program("xbin/mount", "system");
    its
    run_program("sbin/mount", "system");
    lol i had to check my other mod zips lol