Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

AD Recovery - No Boot Sources

Tip us?

ANichols24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamuel View Post
in magldr, if there is no option 8 - ad recovery, then you have an old version of magldr.
Get magldr 1.13 and flash it from bootloader (whilst in bootloader, confirm that your spl line says 2.08.hspl NOT 2.08.0000, if it ends 0000 run hspl4 again and choose 2.08.hspl)
then, boot into magldr, usb flasher, flash cwm again
reboot into magldr, 8 - ad recovery --> enters cwm, then flash zip from sd card - choose zip - and select the rom you already copied onto your sd card.
Also, if you dont have one yet, nows the time to create an EXT partition on your sd card. You can do that in cwm in 'advanced - partition sd card' tho it will format the whole card, so back up anyting you wanna save first. (Do teh EXT before you flash teh rom)
Thank you! Will give this a try once I'm online later properly. If I manage to get it sorted you will forever be my hero!

ANichols24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamuel View Post
in magldr, if there is no option 8 - ad recovery, then you have an old version of magldr.
Get magldr 1.13 and flash it from bootloader (whilst in bootloader, confirm that your spl line says 2.08.hspl NOT 2.08.0000, if it ends 0000 run hspl4 again and choose 2.08.hspl)
then, boot into magldr, usb flasher, flash cwm again
reboot into magldr, 8 - ad recovery --> enters cwm, then flash zip from sd card - choose zip - and select the rom you already copied onto your sd card.
Also, if you dont have one yet, nows the time to create an EXT partition on your sd card. You can do that in cwm in 'advanced - partition sd card' tho it will format the whole card, so back up anyting you wanna save first. (Do teh EXT before you flash teh rom)
I downloaded MDJs_CyanogenMod7_v.2.6_NAND_A2SD+ and put it on my SD Card but it's saying no files so I'm lost again.

Every other ROM I've tried to download (2.3.5) just don't work - usually get invalid link or page not found.

Could you please offer any further help as I'm now a broken man.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 AM ----------

Phone is currently loading Hyperdroid so fingers crossed. Thanks sam for your post, would have been completely lost without it.

Very, very much appreciated.

zyreturn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvlesz View Post
Ahhaa .. Okay.

Here is what cLK has over MAGLDR:
1- Android Native functions (fastboot, adb, reboot into .... )
2- No "GO GO GO" screen, from your splash1 directly to android's splash2 (makes it look more official )

But MAGLDR has the following (not all features, only that would be useful to you):
1- Can boot Windows Phone7.
2- Supports RMNET data connection. (Simply, in cLK your data may drop and you need to airplane mode to get it working again, in MAGLDR this won't happen, although I've never faced not even one data drop in the past 6 months)

Anyway .. here are the procedures to install cLK if you wanted to try it out:
1- Make sure you have google drivers installed.
2- Juice up your phone to above 60 percent battery, then connect your phone in bootloader mode. (VOL DOWN + BOOT)
3- Download HD2 NAND Toolkit.
4- Open it & from bottom panel choose "Task29" and go through the process.
5- your phone will reboot, hold volume button to go to bootloader again.
6- now from top panel choose "cLK repartition" and from right panel choose desired system & cache partition then hit "Repartition" from bottom panel.
7- after going through the process, your phone will reboot, don't hold anything, let it boot normally.
8- you'll be welcomed with a little texted screen on your phone, on your toolkit choose from top panel "cLK install Recovery" and then hit install from bottom panel.
9- Now, if you have google drivers the cmd will guide you through the process. IF you dont have google drivers installed, cmd will stick to "<waiting for device>".
10- After the cmd has rebooted your phone, hold the "HOME" button, this will always take you to recovery (when u hold home )
11- Now put your ROM and flash from recovery.

Tips:
*If you lost data (which I highly doubt, simply activate then deactivate airplane mode, data will work again.
*If you want to install a different ROM, repeat the same tut but with changing the system and cache partitions size in step 6.
Pls help me.. i have a problem after clk recovery my device can not reboot
on my screen hd2 write
rebooting the device
but can't reboot....

Bodziony
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
1- Download HD2 toolkit from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1090783
2- Connect your device and boot into MAGLDR and choose option 5. USB Flasher.
3- On the toolkit, from top choose "MAGLDR Repartition" then from the left panel choose the rom system size you want and write in the cache size then click on "Repartition" from the down panel.
4- After it finishes, reboot your phone and choose option AD Recovery and it will work.

hey I had the same problem, and helped
you are great

LuSiD7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Guys, some help plz.

I have already installed HD2O 2.00b rom on my HD2 and has been running great.

I would like to try out an Android ROM also and I just want to try it from a different SD card because I am a little afraid to mess with the sensitive WP7 and the things it does with the SD that uses.

I have 2.08 SPL, MAGLDR v1.13 and the 2.15.50.14 Radio installed.

I have formatted my second SD card (the one that I want to install Android on) to FAT32 Primary and Ext4 Primary successfully and copied the "NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.9a" ROM on the root of the card. I insert it then to the phone.
When I booted to MAGLDR and I went to Ad Recovery it says "No boot sources". What do I need to do? Will this affect my WPH installation or can it be done without any problem?

Your help would be really appreciated.
Thank you!

mengfei
Old
Thanks Meter 393
@LuSiD7

you need 4EXT recovery to flash Native SD ROMS

- get recovery_4EXT2.2.7_leo_sd.zip
http://goo.im/devs/Xylograph/Various/Recoveries/SD
unzip & put the Folder in the root of your SD
- put NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.9a" ROM on the root of the card.
- Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dir > 4EXT Folder
- Flash from there

or see this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post31414628

LuSiD7
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mengfei View Post
@LuSiD7

you need 4EXT recovery to flash Native SD ROMS

- get recovery_4EXT2.2.7_leo_sd.zip
http://goo.im/devs/Xylograph/Various/Recoveries/SD
unzip & put the Folder in the root of your SD
- put NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.9a" ROM on the root of the card.
- Magldr > Service > Boot Setting > AD SD Dir > 4EXT Folder
- Flash from there

or see this guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post31414628
Thank you for the tips.
I want to add some clarifications to the above as it occurred to me and it may help others too.

When you download the recovery file "recovery_4EXT2.2.7_leo_sd.zip" and you open it with your zip program (I tried both with 7-zip and WinRAR) the file you find is "recovery_4EXT2.2.7_leo_sd" and inside it has another file (the file you want) 4EXTRecovery. So you MUST copy the second file to the SD card. If you drag and drop the file as it is exactly extracted, recovery will just won't work.

And as I posted to another discussion, an updated guide with the new recovery (4EXT_2.2.7) would be more helpful because this is the tool that most people use to flash their SD Android ROM. I am not asking for too much, I am just saying that it might help people more.

By the way, thank you for all the great help and support!

aurion45
Old
(Last edited by aurion45; 27th August 2013 at 08:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
1- Download HD2 toolkit from here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1090783
2- Connect your device and boot into MAGLDR and choose option 5. USB Flasher.
3- On the toolkit, from top choose "MAGLDR Repartition" then from the left panel choose the rom system size you want and write in the cache size then click on "Repartition" from the down panel.
4- After it finishes, reboot your phone and choose option AD Recovery and it will work.
All OK now, do a bit my read, I've manage to get Extended TRWP 2.6 working.
LG Optimus L7 II P716
ROM: P71610d-AUS-XX version V10d
Build: JZ054K

Asus Nexus 7 2013
Build:KTU84P Bootloader: FLO-04.02