Hard Bricked LG L7 (swap)

Search This thread

nachoku

Aug 11, 2013
Chennai
I installed the swap nonsense and that was the last of it.
I have battery (checked it using my friends phone, also L7).
But phone reacts to NOTHING!
No usb-comp connection holding different buttons. No combo before inserting battery.
Its DEAD. :rolleyes:
Greed Kills.

I bought the phone abroad and so warranty does not cover, and well the repair price according to the LG guy is about $200 which is about the price of the phone.

Any ideas?

nachoku

Aug 11, 2013
Chennai
HEX file

Any idea which HEX file i should use?
Plus, i tried connecting my phone to the computer holding the vol dwn button (to enter dwnload mode) and then connected it o PC(running linux mint). Does not recognize like it did for the L3 Guy.
Thanks in advance for helping me.

DevastatingTech

Jun 7, 2013
İzmir
I already have, he just gave up at the end :(

Yes, because that is so hard. "Always, a problem arose. Already, and the phone will work isn't clear."

Doesn't mean you have to...

You have all the files necessary and a tutorial I linked to in the second post.

This is true. You have all files. L7's HEX file. You can.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Off topic what is swap?

Sent from my LG-P700 using xda app-developers app

Linux/Android=Linux Swap | Windows=Virtual Memory

Reactions: caiejay

f3tus

Mar 23, 2013

nachoku

Aug 11, 2013
Chennai
Thanks a lot guys for helping me.

I am getting the hex file right now. The QDL drivers; they are not installing. Its probably cause i m running Win8 64 bit.
Are there QDL drivers for windows 8 64 bit?
None of my frnds are running XP either.

nachoku

Aug 11, 2013
Chennai
Phone does not show up in

Emergency combination used:
Up + down + pwer
up + power
Down + power
Without battery, then connected to PC

Linux mint: dmesg not showing any GOBI.... device as the post says.
This is what makes me loose faith guys.
My phone has 'no life'

dami7bl

May 4, 2012
I have same problem, i must sent phone to service, and i have varrianty, and they replaced mother board, dont use swap ;)

DevastatingTech

Jun 7, 2013
İzmir
Thanks a lot guys for helping me.

I am getting the hex file right now. The QDL drivers; they are not installing. Its probably cause i m running Win8 64 bit.
None of my frnds are running XP either.

You must install XP Pro SP3.

No, but I think somebody said it worked fine in a virtual machine with Windows XP.

Virtual machines can't detect USB.

No, pull out battery, attach one end of USB cable to phone, hold volume down, attach other end of cable to PC. Should start Modem Download Mode, only then release volume key.

This is exactly true.

DevastatingTech

Jun 7, 2013
İzmir
I swear somebody said it worked for them in a virtual machine.

Who is this guy, bro?

Virtual machine can detect USB but you have to give them acces to USB.

Hey, I know it. But VirtualBox will use your Windows8's ports. So, your VirtualMachine can't detect your USB as in XP.

If you look "device manager in Virtual XP" you can't see any USB port.
If you give VirtualMachine access to USB (guess additions), again it will be using your MotherMachine's (Windows8) ports.

nachoku

Aug 11, 2013
Chennai
Allright.
Plan of action:

1. Go to Ubuntu, press vol down key while usb attached to phone. Then connect to Comp. Should i proceed if this step does NOT work?

2. Get XP live in USB.
3. Boot XP.
4. Install all required stuff.
5. Follow procedure to unbrick.

f3tus

Mar 23, 2013
Who is this guy, bro?
I saw this claimed on at least two forums when I researched this. Google qpst +"virtual box"|virtualbox

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Allright.
Plan of action:

1. Go to Ubuntu, press vol down key while usb attached to phone. Then connect to Comp. Should i proceed if this step does NOT work?

2. Get XP live in USB.
3. Boot XP.
4. Install all required stuff.
5. Follow procedure to unbrick.
Unless you see your phone is in Modem Download Mode (screen should probably turn on) and detected by PC, there is no point in proceeding. Remember, do this without your battery. And pull out the SIM card too. If it isn't detected, try another USB port.

You can also try a different combination: plug your phone first, then hold volume key down.

But like I said, somebody said it worked in VirtualBox...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I already have, he just gave up at the end :(

Yes, because that is so hard. "Always, a problem arose. Already, and the phone will work isn't clear."

Doesn't mean you have to...

You have all the files necessary and a tutorial I linked to in the second post.

This is true. You have all files. L7's HEX file. You can.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Off topic what is swap?

Linux/Android=Linux Swap | Windows=Virtual Memory
    No, but I think somebody said it worked fine in a virtual machine with Windows XP.
    Emergency combination used:
    Up + down + pwer
    up + power
    Down + power
    Without battery, then connected to PC
    No, pull out battery, attach one end of USB cable to phone, hold volume down, attach other end of cable to PC. Should start Modem Download Mode, only then release volume key.

QPST is a qualcom tool for programing phones with chipsets MSM, the LG L7 (P708g) have chipset MSM7227A, they use a file named MPRG7227A for download the program and have access to flash memory (for backup, restore or modify).

but, the hex file what i have don't recognize the nand flash, i need the hex file for MSM7227A for reprogram the partition mmcblk0p2 erased by swap procedure.
    QPST is a qualcom tool for programing phones with chipsets MSM, the LG L7 (P708g) have chipset MSM7227A, they use a file named MPRG7227A for download the program and have access to flash memory (for backup, restore or modify).

but, the hex file what i have don't recognize the nand flash, i need the hex file for MSM7227A for reprogram the partition mmcblk0p2 erased by swap procedure.

Not sure as I was able to find that hex file eventually.. As it was my lil' brother's phone I'll check his laptop for the files when I see him again! Could be a while though.. I couldn't get QPST to work, so ended up fixing the phone by simply replacing the motherboard. Cost me ~€20.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app