Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Do You Think It's Possible For The Atrix
Yes, 42 77.78%
No Phone is too old, Hardware incompatable 0 0%
No, Don't Have enough developers 9 16.67%
Both 2 and 3 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Post Reply

Ubuntu Phone OS

OP thandlovsky

25th June 2013, 04:12 AM   |  #41  
lehjr's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag KIssimmee
Thanks Meter: 478
 
381 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thandlovsky

Anyone know what ever happened to the Atrix and Ubuntu,

I was really looking forward to seeing this....

As I understand it, the Froyo/GB kernel won't work, so a newer stable kernel is needed.
27th June 2013, 10:41 AM   |  #42  
kingbobski's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 66
 
262 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
So in theory now the 3.1.10 kernel is released we could have a working Ubuntu Phone OS

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
27th June 2013, 02:50 PM   |  #43  
ravilov's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,330
 
2,175 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbobski

So in theory now the 3.1.10 kernel is released we could have a working Ubuntu Phone OS

...No.
14th July 2013, 05:07 PM   |  #44  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
False Hope??
Does the fact that the motorola Artrix 4g is listed in the work in progress table mean anything or am I still dreaming lol...


https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices


P.S. does anyone know if Scott Weldon is A recognized develeoper in the XDA Atrix World or is he unique to Ubuntu?
15th July 2013, 03:16 PM   |  #45  
gborfitz's Avatar
Member
Flag Santa Fe
Thanks Meter: 11
 
59 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thandlovsky

Does the fact that the motorola Artrix 4g is listed in the work in progress table mean anything or am I still dreaming lol...


https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices


P.S. does anyone know if Scott Weldon is A recognized develeoper in the XDA Atrix World or is he unique to Ubuntu?

Wow... That's great! I hope got a chance to test Ubuntu on my Atrix. After all, this was one of the first devices to try to get Ubuntu.
23rd August 2013, 08:31 PM   |  #46  
madmax59's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 76
 
271 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustifanci

when ubuntu beta coming atrix.

I think, never

MB860 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile g÷nderildi
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madmax59 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2013, 06:37 AM   |  #47  
Cab121's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 190
 
370 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
More
I would suggest XBMC for anyone wanting to breath some fresh Awsome in to your Atrix. No its not a new os, it's not a kernel, it's not even a new home screen. I'm not totally off topic though.

Those who know what this is should already know it's was ported to Android not to long ago and has had huge leaps in improvement.

Ok so at its core XBMC in a media player. That's what it started as way back in the day. Now it's a media powerhouse. Live TV, DVR, Internet TV, multi format movie playback in 1080i, radio, music, karaoke, pbx (Yea that), and more I'm not going to spent a day listing. Here is my point. In your hand is a powerful media tool. It has HDMI out directly, a killer audio codec that rivals high end surround sound that noone knows about, blah blah blah. Its in your hand. It can power a house with media.

I have an Atrix 4G serving HD movies and music to 4 rooms. That's just when it's docked. Yup bow ties and and Atrix are cool!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cab121 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th August 2013, 07:53 AM   |  #48  
sandeep1415's Avatar
Member
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 20
 
33 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab121

I would suggest XBMC for anyone wanting to breath some fresh Awsome in to your Atrix. No its not a new os, it's not a kernel, it's not even a new home screen. I'm not totally off topic though.

Those who know what this is should already know it's was ported to Android not to long ago and has had huge leaps in improvement.

Ok so at its core XBMC in a media player. That's what it started as way back in the day. Now it's a media powerhouse. Live TV, DVR, Internet TV, multi format movie playback in 1080i, radio, music, karaoke, pbx (Yea that), and more I'm not going to spent a day listing. Here is my point. In your hand is a powerful media tool. It has HDMI out directly, a killer audio codec that rivals high end surround sound that noone knows about, blah blah blah. Its in your hand. It can power a house with media.

I have an Atrix 4G serving HD movies and music to 4 rooms. That's just when it's docked. Yup bow ties and and Atrix are cool!

Thats really a great thing to know about my atrix...feeling really really proud... But i haven't used/knew any of that....Thank you for letting me know what more my Atrix can do
1st September 2013, 04:01 PM   |  #49  
novi81's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab121

I would suggest XBMC for anyone wanting to breath some fresh Awsome in to your Atrix. No its not a new os, it's not a kernel, it's not even a new home screen. I'm not totally off topic though.

Those who know what this is should already know it's was ported to Android not to long ago and has had huge leaps in improvement.

Ok so at its core XBMC in a media player. That's what it started as way back in the day. Now it's a media powerhouse. Live TV, DVR, Internet TV, multi format movie playback in 1080i, radio, music, karaoke, pbx (Yea that), and more I'm not going to spent a day listing. Here is my point. In your hand is a powerful media tool. It has HDMI out directly, a killer audio codec that rivals high end surround sound that noone knows about, blah blah blah. Its in your hand. It can power a house with media.

I have an Atrix 4G serving HD movies and music to 4 rooms. That's just when it's docked. Yup bow ties and and Atrix are cool!

Could you please give some more details?
What version to use? Where to find it?
On xbmc site or somewhere else?
Thank you in advance

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
1st September 2013, 09:34 PM   |  #50  
Senior Member
Flag Cˇrdoba
Thanks Meter: 362
 
1,058 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Seache the android apps & games forum... All you need is there

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ubuntu phone atrix rom
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes