Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,798 Members 38,923 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Do You Think It's Possible For The Atrix
Yes, 42 77.78%
No Phone is too old, Hardware incompatable 0 0%
No, Don't Have enough developers 9 16.67%
Both 2 and 3 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Ubuntu Phone OS

Tip us?

lehjr
Old
Thanks Meter 477

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thandlovsky View Post
Anyone know what ever happened to the Atrix and Ubuntu,

I was really looking forward to seeing this....
As I understand it, the Froyo/GB kernel won't work, so a newer stable kernel is needed.

kingbobski
Old
Thanks Meter 50

DONATE TO ME
So in theory now the 3.1.10 kernel is released we could have a working Ubuntu Phone OS

Sent from my MB860 using xda app-developers app
Current Phone : HTC One
ROM : Offical Cyanogenmod 10.2 Nightlies

Previous Phones
Siemens A55
Motorola V220
Sony Ericsson W300 'Walkman'
Motorola RAZR
Motorola Atrix 4G

ravilov
Old
Thanks Meter 1318

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingbobski View Post
So in theory now the 3.1.10 kernel is released we could have a working Ubuntu Phone OS
...No.

thandlovsky
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default False Hope??

Does the fact that the motorola Artrix 4g is listed in the work in progress table mean anything or am I still dreaming lol...

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

P.S. does anyone know if Scott Weldon is A recognized develeoper in the XDA Atrix World or is he unique to Ubuntu?

gborfitz
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thandlovsky View Post
Does the fact that the motorola Artrix 4g is listed in the work in progress table mean anything or am I still dreaming lol...

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Touch/Devices

P.S. does anyone know if Scott Weldon is A recognized develeoper in the XDA Atrix World or is he unique to Ubuntu?
Wow... That's great! I hope got a chance to test Ubuntu on my Atrix. After all, this was one of the first devices to try to get Ubuntu.

madmax59
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustifanci View Post
when ubuntu beta coming atrix.
I think, never

MB860 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi
LG G2 (D802)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to madmax59 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cab121
Old
Thanks Meter 182
I would suggest XBMC for anyone wanting to breath some fresh Awsome in to your Atrix. No its not a new os, it's not a kernel, it's not even a new home screen. I'm not totally off topic though.

Those who know what this is should already know it's was ported to Android not to long ago and has had huge leaps in improvement.

Ok so at its core XBMC in a media player. That's what it started as way back in the day. Now it's a media powerhouse. Live TV, DVR, Internet TV, multi format movie playback in 1080i, radio, music, karaoke, pbx (Yea that), and more I'm not going to spent a day listing. Here is my point. In your hand is a powerful media tool. It has HDMI out directly, a killer audio codec that rivals high end surround sound that noone knows about, blah blah blah. Its in your hand. It can power a house with media.

I have an Atrix 4G serving HD movies and music to 4 rooms. That's just when it's docked. Yup bow ties and and Atrix are cool!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cab121 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sandeep1415
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab121 View Post
I would suggest XBMC for anyone wanting to breath some fresh Awsome in to your Atrix. No its not a new os, it's not a kernel, it's not even a new home screen. I'm not totally off topic though.

Those who know what this is should already know it's was ported to Android not to long ago and has had huge leaps in improvement.

Ok so at its core XBMC in a media player. That's what it started as way back in the day. Now it's a media powerhouse. Live TV, DVR, Internet TV, multi format movie playback in 1080i, radio, music, karaoke, pbx (Yea that), and more I'm not going to spent a day listing. Here is my point. In your hand is a powerful media tool. It has HDMI out directly, a killer audio codec that rivals high end surround sound that noone knows about, blah blah blah. Its in your hand. It can power a house with media.

I have an Atrix 4G serving HD movies and music to 4 rooms. That's just when it's docked. Yup bow ties and and Atrix are cool!
Thats really a great thing to know about my atrix...feeling really really proud... But i haven't used/knew any of that....Thank you for letting me know what more my Atrix can do

novi81
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cab121 View Post

Could you please give some more details?
What version to use? Where to find it?
On xbmc site or somewhere else?
Thank you in advance

andresrivas
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Seache the android apps & games forum... All you need is there

Motorola Personal 501 -> Motorola StarTac -> Motorola v360 (1gb sd, iTunes, native, non-java apps) -> Motorola Rokr E2 (SDHC 8Gb, native apps, O.C., My own custom Rom, AWESOME PHONE) -> Motorola C115 (Custom Ringtones xD ) -> Motorola Milestone (A.K.A Droid) (Froyo, rooted, stolen :'( ) -> Motorola Atrix 4G (Blur ICS) -> Motorola Moto X

Yup. I've been a Motofan all my life so far...

Tags
ubuntu phone atrix rom