HTC One Dock to Desktop Solution
I came up with a simple solution for turning your HTC One into a semi-desktop environment. My goal was to create a connection path to a PC monitor, keyboard and mouse with a simple docking solution, a dock-and-go approach. Here is what I came up with and it works great:
1. HTC One (Sprint Red version, JB 4.1.2) w/ NFC Task Launcher
2. RoHS Dock (Model: I4SC-HTON) with micro-USB
3. Samsung TecTile
4. MenoTek MHL to HDMI Adapter with RCP
5. HDMI Cable
6. StarTech HDMI to DisplayPort converter
7. Lenovo ThinkVision PC Monitor
8. IOGEAR Multi-Link Bluetooth Keyboard with Touchpad GKM611B
The end result is that I come to work, dock my HTC One (NFC enabled) with the TecTile attached to the Dock to enable and search for my bluetooth keyboard/mouse. Once the peripherals are synched I toggle my monitor to the DisplayPort digital input and my Android desktop is ready to go. The entire process takes less than 1 minute. It allows me to operate independently from my business LAN using wifi or 4G, and from the comfort of my desk. The output is currently limited to 720p resolution, which I believe to be the MHL adapter, but I'm working on that. The above varies slightly with your specific hardware but the concept remains the same.
I've very happy with this solution and I wanted to share it with everyone here.