Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,990 Members 37,769 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Finally complete MTK6589 source code is released!

Tip us?
 
postadelmaga
Old
#51  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 23
Join Date: May 2013
Default TCL Idol X S950

Quote:
Originally Posted by wacky.ddw View Post
Great news! I sold my Xiaomi Mi2 not because i didnt like it but i wanted to buy a xiaomi mi3 but since this news came out i might order another phone not sure wich one yet :P

Does this also mean that the xiaomi red rice could be overclocked to 1.7?

Also does this mean MIUI can be ported to more devices or even get official support?
I just bought a TCL idol X and it is great !!!
 
muncugabriel
Old
#52  
muncugabriel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 139
Join Date: Sep 2010
I have a HDC GT-I9502 (s4 clome) MTK 6589, it will be working for me too? Sorry for my engleza and noob

Sent from my GT-I9502 using xda premium
 
Zakoket2012
Old
#53  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 33
Join Date: Aug 2013
Thanks Mate
 
lostman.it
Old
#54  
Member
Thanks Meter 11
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturn_frak View Post
there's a CM10 for iOcean (or at least that what was published):
Stock rom with Trebuchet launcher.
 
-aleco-
Old
#55  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 16
Join Date: Apr 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Today Lenovo posted open sourse S6000L
 
muncugabriel
Old
#56  
muncugabriel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 22
Posts: 139
Join Date: Sep 2010
Anyoane? Pls answer, thanks Ón advance

Sent from my GT-I9502 using xda premium
 
Boocy
Old
#57  
Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaw2floor View Post
no. things like camera and displays are different across different devices
So how can people that also have MT6589 device get any use of this source?
I mean, I have some chinese copy.. H7189 model, and I would like to enable OTG support on it.. is that possible to get done somehow using the kernel source Sony provided?

Regards.
 
pelelademadera
Old
#58  
pelelademadera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 189
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: La plata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boocy View Post
So how can people that also have MT6589 device get any use of this source?
I mean, I have some chinese copy.. H7189 model, and I would like to enable OTG support on it.. is that possible to get done somehow using the kernel source Sony provided?

Regards.
If you have time, you can compile the kernel as you wish, with make menuconfig enable the otg and things that you want.
then if the kernel is the same in your device 3.4.5 must be, you can try to copy the modules from your phone to the new compilation, camera, modem.img and things like that and try if all works.

Its all test and test and test.... I have no time, Im trying to get my sources from vowney...
The Following User Says Thank You to pelelademadera For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Boocy
Old
#59  
Member
Thanks Meter 27
Posts: 77
Join Date: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelelademadera View Post
If you have time, you can compile the kernel as you wish, with make menuconfig enable the otg and things that you want.
then if the kernel is the same in your device 3.4.5 must be, you can try to copy the modules from your phone to the new compilation, camera, modem.img and things like that and try if all works.

Its all test and test and test.... I have no time, Im trying to get my sources from vowney...
Uuu well that sounds very very good, seems like all of the drivers for the specific phone model can be found in these modules, I never pulled these modules before, but I am guessing they are located somewhere in root directory of the phone, so all I need to do is to change a few things in configuration of kernel, and then recompile the whole thing back together.

AnTuTu benchmark is showing that I have kernel Linux version 3.4.5, but when I go to settings and click on "About Phone" tab, it shows me that I have 3.0.31 kernel version.. So I am not sure.. (attached pictures)

Anyway, thanx for the answer..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-07-19-46-55.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	2241888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-09-07-19-47-10.jpg
Views:	560
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	2241889  
 
pelelademadera
Old
#60  
pelelademadera's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 100
Posts: 189
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: La plata

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boocy View Post
Uuu well that sounds very very good, seems like all of the drivers for the specific phone model can be found in these modules, I never pulled these modules before, but I am guessing they are located somewhere in root directory of the phone, so all I need to do is to change a few things in configuration of kernel, and then recompile the whole thing back together.

AnTuTu benchmark is showing that I have kernel Linux version 3.4.5, but when I go to settings and click on "About Phone" tab, it shows me that I have 3.0.31 kernel version.. So I am not sure.. (attached pictures)

Anyway, thanx for the answer..
I dont know whats happends, my phone reports the same in both, system info and antutu...

I think is 3.4.5 cause of your android version

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes