PC Wasn't Recognizing Kindle HD 7
It has been an awful while since I have posted on a forum, let alone start a thread; Yet, after the "ordeal" I just endured it seemed as though I ought to share what had happened with hope that it may help someone in the future. I apologize if all this is in the wrong sub/sub/sub-forum or anything like that, kindly let me know and I will do my best to rectify my mistake.
So I got a Kindle Fire HD 7" today and the first and most painfully apparent aspect of the device which I noticed was that Amazon decided to viking-rape android; I don't care what anyone says, what they did- well, it's awful. Not being too much of a stranger to rooting, user ROMs, and the like, it seemed only natural for me to try and pursue something similar with this device. So, I do the research, settle on a first ROM to try and hope it's a keeper, gain root, get TWRP working and would you believe it: I forgot my ROM.
Well, I assumed that the Kindle HD would just send me back to the AmazonOS or whatever they call it- but it didn't. It simply kept oscillating from the white/orange kindle logo to the white/blue. I started to get a bit worried, but it's been quite a while in Android (in almost any software/OS, really) when getting bricked means getting BRICKED. So I did some more research. Simple solution worked for me to get me back into recovery:
If your Kindle Fire HD 7" is continuously booting ("bootloop") after installing TWRP
Try holding down the "volume up" section of the volume toggle when the white/orange kindle logo appears, just like you did when you first installed TWRP, for at least three seconds. There's no vibration and nothing changes, really- it seemed like it would bootloop for 10 minutes again, but instead this time after about maybe one minute I was back into TWRP.
At this point, the plan was to ADB my ROM and GAPPS to the Kindle. Unfortunately, for whatever reason the Kindle Drivers that had served me so well, until this point in time, ceased to form a connection between the two devices. This happened at 3pm- it is now 9:20pm (as of this sentence) and I finally got it to work. I will spare you descriptions of all the things that were tried which did NOT work. Needless to say, I did in fact try a significant number of "solutions," and yet; only one thing (or a combination of things culminating with this one thing, in which case maybe i SHOULD try and list everything else I tried... but I can't remember it all so nevermind, anyways...) wound up working then and now:
If Your Kindle Fire HD 7" is not being recognized by your PC
First download these drivers from XDA user stunts513.
Then connect your kindle to the PC. Navigate to "Device Manager." The most simple way would be to type "Device Manager" into the search box located in the Windows Start Menu. If you don't see "Kindle" (it may be under "Other devices") then this solution will not work for you, and you might have an issue with your hardware (perhaps either the Kindle, the PC, or the USB cable.) If you see "Kindle" it will most probably have a yellow triangle on it; if so- lets continue.
That file you downloaded a moment ago is designed to be a component of ADB (this thread is not the place to explain ADB, how to install it or use it; if you are asking those questions at this point I urge you to turn to the XDA search bars and 'ole Googly before proceeding.) Next, regardless of if it actually "does" anything or not, I moved the "usb_driver" folder to the appropriate ADB sub-directory ("c:\Android\sdk\extras\google" in my case, perhaps not in yours, but really i don't think this aspect matters much, anyways.)
Returning to the Device Manager: At this point you may right-click on the "Kindle" listing with the yellow triangle. Having messed around with various drivers I thought it would be a good idea to click on "uninstall." After that I unplugged the Kindle and plugged it back in. It came back up in the list with a yellow triangle. At this point I highlighted and clicked on "Properties." Then selected the option that states either "Update Driver" or "Install Driver," can't remember really. A new window opens and asks if you want Windows to search for a Driver, or if you want to. Say you want to manually designate a driver. This should launch a file browser and now you can navigate to where you placed the "usb_driver" folder earlier. I went as far as "c:\Android\sdk\extras" before checking the "search sub-directories also" check box. Windows foudn the driver, installed it and HOLY MOTHER OF GOD I GOT MY ADB BACK.
At that point I pushed my stuff to the Kindle, flashed it and went merrily along. Hopefully this helps someone- if not, my bad; I still love you all. Except for Jim. **** Jim. He knows what he did.