[ROM][HYBRID][XXDMG1] Project AOSP v1.5 - Hybrid AOSP/Samsung ROM

Search This thread

sherlock_holmes

Jun 1, 2011
MumbaI
hi, great ROM (i think :) the problems i have after following this tut to install the rom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGgTkzLHzHo is that i get all my old crap still there. Apps, theme, etc. even after all the wiping. Is that right? Then there are two errors on boot: Unfortunately Exchange Services has stopped + Unfortunately Email has stopped. Outside of those problems, everything seems to work. But the reason I am trying this rom is to isolate a problem I have with intermittent reboots and hangs. Did I miss a step to get a clean install? thx!!!

Did u do format system before installing this rom ?

Hi,

are you any closer to fixing the call log bug? This is driving me out of my mind. I get calls all the time and the log doesnt store them so I cant return them. Makes my phone useless.

Are u by any chance using the aosp contacts and dialer ?

Kato

Dec 10, 2004
Brno
www.kato.cz
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Camera is not working

Hi, I dowloaded last version (Project AOSP v1.5), but is it not working with my camera. When I try to run camera, dialog "camerra error - can't connect to the camera aosp" is displayed. Do you have any idea?
I tried to use camera from Extras, but result is the same - "camerra error - can't connect to the camera aosp"
If i will use other ROM, like Android Revolution HD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1925402), camera is working.

costcutter

Jul 22, 2011
Hi, I dowloaded last version (Project AOSP v1.5), but is it not working with my camera. When I try to run camera, dialog "camerra error - can't connect to the camera aosp" is displayed. Do you have any idea?
I tried to use camera from Extras, but result is the same - "camerra error - can't connect to the camera aosp"
If i will use other ROM, like Android Revolution HD (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1925402), camera is working.

I've got the same problem, anyone know a solution to get the camera working?

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Sadly I have sold my Note 2 in order to get a new phone (most probably the One Max once it's released). Regarding the rom, I will still support it and try to help users whenever it is possible. As for updating the rom, I think the rom is quite stable with no other bugs other than the call log bug (which I cannot seem to fix, and the Samsung Contacts can be installed to fix the issue) so I don't think there aren't any updates required.

I would like to thank all of you that helped me get the rom to the state that it's at today and hopefully I will get to work on another rom for my next device :)

akurei

May 8, 2010
Bochum, NRW
akurei.org
Sadly I have sold my Note 2 in order to get a new phone (most probably the One Max once it's released). Regarding the rom, I will still support it and try to help users whenever it is possible. As for updating the rom, I think the rom is quite stable with no other bugs other than the call log bug (which I cannot seem to fix, and the Samsung Contacts can be installed to fix the issue) so I don't think there aren't any updates required.

I would like to thank all of you that helped me get the rom to the state that it's at today and hopefully I will get to work on another rom for my next device :)

Why do all the best ROMs keep stop being developed? xD
Oh well, have to look for an alternative again. Thank you modstorm for this great ROM! Sad to see you leave the Note2.

EDIT: Do you have a recommendation for a ROM that is as close to yours as possible to switch to?

modstorm

May 9, 2011
Siggiewi
www.modstorm.co
Why do all the best ROMs keep stop being developed? xD
Oh well, have to look for an alternative again. Thank you modstorm for this great ROM! Sad to see you leave the Note2.

EDIT: Do you have a recommendation for a ROM that is as close to yours as possible to switch to?

If you are happy with the current build you can stay on my rom for now as I didn't have any updates planned anyway. However once 4.2 will be released I guess most of you will want to move to a 4.2 rom and the closest rom to mine that I can think of is Du@lNote :)

Reactions: seancojr
in love with your ROM, mainly cuz you hybrided both the AOSP and Samsung functions with it (cuz i bought the GN2 for the pen mostly), but i have 2 main issues that is a make or break for me

1. for some reason the MTP is not working correctly on my home and work PC's (Windows XP SP3 & Windows 8) even with the latest update for the drivers, FYI i have installed the AOSP Extras also, does that Affect the process?

2. the overall sound output in both headphones and speaker are generally low, so i installed a DSP manager, and still no effective results.

i know you lift this scene, and sorry again to bother you at ur G+ community page with this, but its kinda make or break for me this issue.

thx

Reactions: herojig

herojig

Oct 30, 2012
Kathmandu
www.jiggygaton.info
2. the overall sound output in both headphones and speaker are generally low, so i installed a DSP manager, and still no effective results.

This one is scary, as even after I replaced this rom with PA 399, my volume is still fraggled. However, I have not tried going back to stock to see if that can be fixed. If there is a fix, I would also like to know :good:

This one is scary, as even after I replaced this rom with PA 399, my volume is still fraggled. However, I have not tried going back to stock to see if that can be fixed. If there is a fix, I would also like to know :good:
my bet is on Kernel differences, i will flash "N.E.A.K. Note 2" Kernel, since it has the audio fix...

still.. this MTP thing is killing me, i dont always have SD readers at hand especially at work

Good news everyone, i have solved both problems

1> the MTP thing works ok, the problem was with my long companion, the USB cable, he gave his life to me

2> the uNEAK kernel wont work with this rom, as they dont support exFAT (it resulted into a black screen) so i found a better kernel
SaberKernel_41.3 || 3.0.95 [ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2260397 ]

after installing it automaticly adjust the sound output, plus the app Boeffla Sound Support has so many option i got lost from it, the kernel has so many features like OverClock to 1920MHz and easily change the bootanimation.

check it out @herojig and telll me if it helped

emadnermen

Dec 1, 2010
cairo
h have problem

i like ur rom but i have one problem when i install samsung app contact and phone and play i have view problem

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-30-48.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-30-48.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 191
  • Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-31-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-31-11.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-30-37.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-23-18-30-37.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 174

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ProjectAOSP-Banner.png

What is Project AOSP ?

Moving from a Galaxy Nexus to the Galaxy Note, I immediately started missing the AOSP look aswell as most of the AOSP apps. However I still liked some of the Touchwiz features which I would lose if I moved to an AOSP ROM. As such I decided to build a ROM which is based on the official Samsung ROM which has most of the Samsung apps replaced with AOSP ones. Apart from this, ProjectAOSP is also completely themed to look just like an AOSP rom would. The result is a ROM which looks just like an AOSP ROM along with the fully working AOSP apps running on the Samsung framework. This allows Samsung apps and features such as SNote, Multiwindow and Smart Stay to work perfectly in an excellent AOSP experience,creating what for me is the best of both roms.

Features :

Look at the changelog to see the complete list of features

Rooted (SuperSU)
    Deodexed
    Multi CSC
    Simplistic Framework
    Nexus Bootanimation
    AOSP Theme (Based on Aventy’s theme with modifications to make it look more authentic)
    AOSP Dialler
    AOSP Contacts
    AOSP Camera
    AOSP Gallery
    AOSP Calendar
    AOSP Clock
    AOSP MMS
    AOSP Keyboard
    AOSP Calculator
    AOSP Browser
    Play Music
    Nova Launcher
    CRT Off Animation
    OTA updated via Goo Manager
    Optional Samsung Apps in Aroma Installer
    Per App DPI
    XThemeEngine

Perseus Kernel

Screenshots.png

Download

Project AOSP v1.5
    ProjectAOSP Extras
    ProjectAOSP Browser Sync Fix

Join us on Google+ Communities

Before commenting with any problems, please read the FAQ in the second post. Questions answered there will not be answered again.

Donators :

CreepyDroid
    Magnanimous24
    olituks

Creating a rom takes up a lot of time. If you enjoy my work please consider donating :)

Credits :

avetny
    AndreiLux
    LegendK95
    Dougi

This rom uses the Perseus Kernel by AndreiLinux

Please support the development by putting one of the banners below in your signature :)

Banners :

Wmv3DOF.png

qQvt1XR.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project AOSP v1.5 - Hybrid AOSP/Samsung ROM, a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note II

Contributors
    modstorm
    ROM OS Version: 4.1.x Jelly Bean
    Based On: Samsung Rom

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.5

Created 2013-08-08
    Last Updated 2013-08-13
    FAQ

Reserved
    Reserved

Instructions :

1. A Full Wipe is recommended if coming from another Rom.
    2. Flash the Rom ZIP file.
    3. Flash the Extras Package if you require any of those apps. List containing apps in the Extras package can be found below.
    4. Reboot and enjoy !

Using Per-App DPI

1. Install Xposed Framework through the Xposed installer app.
    2. Go to the Modules tab and tick the box next to the entry.
    3. Using the Xposed Settings app configure the DPI you want for each app.

Removing the Circle Battery Mod

This rom is running on Simplistic Framework, which gives it a bunch of features. Most of these features require the use of an app which the developer of Simplistic Framework (not me) gives to all users that donate to him. Using different batteries is one of these features and as such, unless you are capable of editing the mod yourself, you are required to donate to the developer in his thread to be sent the Simplistic Control app.

Project AOSP Extras Installer :

Missing Apps :

Accuweather
    All Share
    Clock Widgets
    ChatON
    Chrome
    Dropbox
    Favorites Widget
    Face Lock
    Fm Radio
    GlanceView
    Gmail
    Google Earth
    Google Plus
    GroupCast
    IdeaSketch
    Kies
    Live Wallpapers
    MobilePrint
    Paper Artist
    PolarisViewer
    Popup Browser
    Samsung Apps
    Samsung Files
    Samsung Hubs
    sCloud
    SNote
    SPlanner
    SVoice
    SPen Gesture Pad
    Talk
    Talkback
    Video Player
    Voice Recorder
    YouTube
    Test Utilities
    Text to Speech
    Yahoo Widgets

Samsung Apps:

Samsung Browser
    Samsung Calculator
    Samsung Contacts
    Samsung Email
    Samsung Keyboard
    Samsung Launcher
    Samsung MMS
    Samsung Phone

Others:

AOSP Camera
    Disable CRT Effect
    Rom will be reuploaded tonight :) I also purchased hosting from a new provider and I now have unlimited downloads and bandwith, so I might host future uploads myself :)