Soft Bricked my TF101

Search This thread

awddrftr

Jun 17, 2008
Im on CWM v5.8.1.8 and it does not see the see an external sd card. I had "wipe data/factory reset">"wipe cache">,wipe dalvik cache> Flashed (EOS-tf101 20130704-121.zip and then gapps_4.2.2 tf101) and fixed permission and rebooted TF then it got stuck at "Eeepad boot screen"

I tried to install the Nake Universal drivers on my pc and laptop and neither seem to install it.
TF101 is not reconized by the computer in APX mode, (idk if its in apx mode) I tried many times to put it in APX mode.
I waited until the battery completly died and then left it charging for a day to make sure the battery is fine and cable works.
I then put it CWM screen and then try to put in APX mode while is connected to the PC or laptop and I don't hear any sounds from the PC as if reconized it. I can only place it on CMW screen and I cant put anything in the internal memory.

i finally got the linux live CD on my laptop. what can I do from here?

YayYouFixedIt

Nov 21, 2012
Im on CWM v5.8.1.8 and it does not see the see an external sd card. I had "wipe data/factory reset">"wipe cache">,wipe dalvik cache> Flashed (EOS-tf101 20130704-121.zip and then gapps_4.2.2 tf101) and fixed permission and rebooted TF then it got stuck at "Eeepad boot screen"

I tried to install the Nake Universal drivers on my pc and laptop and neither seem to install it.
TF101 is not reconized by the computer in APX mode, (idk if its in apx mode) I tried many times to put it in APX mode.
I waited until the battery completly died and then left it charging for a day to make sure the battery is fine and cable works.
I then put it CWM screen and then try to put in APX mode while is connected to the PC or laptop and I don't hear any sounds from the PC as if reconized it. I can only place it on CMW screen and I cant put anything in the internal memory.

i finally got the linux live CD on my laptop. what can I do from here?

um. i think the usb might require root. Can you use wheelie to flash stock then root it. do not install any cwm because there is a particular one that was in rom manager that fails
apx mode should be a black screen. your device should register after typing adb connect..adb devices correct me as root or using sudo. then root it with an adb connection from stock. install goomanager and open recovery script(twrp). thats my gues. check for rooting steps/procedure I believe under the peri thread. hope all works well for you. i would recommend katkiss as well :)

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1681155&page=12

frederuco

Feb 27, 2012
I replied to your other thread. Can you see it as an ADB device? Type "adb devices" in a terminal window.

If so, I would push TWRP via ADB and install it.

If not, most likely you have a bad USB cable. I had one that still charges with the wall wart but will not work for USB (APX, ADB or MTP). New cable fixed it right up though.

Reactions: arcangel_web

awddrftr

Jun 17, 2008
I replied to your other thread. Can you see it as an ADB device? Type "adb devices" in a terminal window.

If not, most likely you have a bad USB cable. I had one that still charges with the wall wart but will not work for USB (APX, ADB or MTP). New cable fixed it right up though.

I think thats my guess too, bad cable.(i order one today) but when i type adb devices its blank. i will try to push (twrp) through adb.

Last edited:

awddrftr

Jun 17, 2008
I replaced the cable and tried to put it in APX mode and still nothing. Tried 2 different computers. I left the tablet charging for 5 hours before trying. Also when I connect it to the computer and type Adb device its blank list.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Lethe6

Sep 11, 2012
I replaced the cable and tried to put it in APX mode and still nothing. Tried 2 different computers. I left the tablet charging for 5 hours before trying. Also when I connect it to the computer and type Adb device its blank list.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Did you try without the dock?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.