HTC Incredible Droid 2 Screen Take Apart Repair Guide

Search This thread

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
We will take you through the steps on how to disassemble your HTC Droid Incredible 2 smartphone safely and easily. This guide will help you on how to replaced the glass touch screen digitizer and the display LCD.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC Droid Incredible 2 parts:
  • HTC Droid Incredible 2Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
  • HTC Droid Incredible 2 LCD Screen Replacement Display
  • and other HTC Droid Incredible 2 Replacement Parts

Tools Required:
  • Safe Open Pry Tool
  • Small Phillips Screwdriver
  • T5 Torx Screwdriver
  • Adhesive Stips ( For Touch Screen Digitizer)

Steps:
  • First use safe pry to remove the back cover, the battery and the memory card.
  • Next, use T5 Torx Screwdriver and remove the 7 screws located at the corners of the phone.
  • Release the clips on the edges of the phone using a safe open pry tool. Ease off the back frame of the phone.
  • Using safe pry tool, lift gently the motor, open the jaw connector and release the ribbon cables. Then use Small Phillips Screwdriver to remove the 2 screws located at the top bottom corner of the phone.

DroidIncred2pic1.jpg

Figure 1​
  • Next, gently ease up the motherboard but be careful as there is still connected ribbon cable underneath.
  • Using safe pry tool, open the jaw connector and release the flex ribbon cable. The motherboard is now release.

DroidIncred2pic2.jpg

Figure 2​
  • Heat the adhesive around the touchscreen using a hair dryer or heat gun. Use safe pry tool to lift the glass touch screen. Be careful as It is still connected with a ribbon cable at the top.
  • Next, heat the adhesive at the back of the LCD screen. Then gently ease out the LCD screen. Take it slowly and gently ease the LCD screen away from the backing plate. Once release, you can gently remove the front housing from the phone.
  • Gently ease up and remove the flex ribbon cable of the digitizer which is attached at the back of the LCD screen.
  • Remove the keypad flex cable from the back of the LCD screen.
  • You can now replace the either the touch screen digitizer or the LCD screen.

Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
Its funny you posted this here today. I just watched one of your guides to do this to a thunderbolt.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Jewelz1017

Aug 21, 2013
re

Hello I hqve a question about the post for the screen removal... I have an incredible 2 and need to replace my front housing only as the besel has been destroyed I need to know how to take apart and re use the screen and digitizer

repairsuniverse

Aug 11, 2010
Hello I hqve a question about the post for the screen removal... I have an incredible 2 and need to replace my front housing only as the besel has been destroyed I need to know how to take apart and re use the screen and digitizer

We have a repair guide video on our site that will help repair your device. A link to our site can be found in our signature below.

Reactions: bsmitty83

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    We will take you through the steps on how to disassemble your HTC Droid Incredible 2 smartphone safely and easily. This guide will help you on how to replaced the glass touch screen digitizer and the display LCD.

This guide will help you to install the following HTC Droid Incredible 2 parts:
    • HTC Droid Incredible 2Glass Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement
    • HTC Droid Incredible 2 LCD Screen Replacement Display
    • and other HTC Droid Incredible 2 Replacement Parts

Tools Required:
    • Safe Open Pry Tool
    • Small Phillips Screwdriver
    • T5 Torx Screwdriver
    • Adhesive Stips ( For Touch Screen Digitizer)

Steps:
    • First use safe pry to remove the back cover, the battery and the memory card.
    • Next, use T5 Torx Screwdriver and remove the 7 screws located at the corners of the phone.
    • Release the clips on the edges of the phone using a safe open pry tool. Ease off the back frame of the phone.
    • Using safe pry tool, lift gently the motor, open the jaw connector and release the ribbon cables. Then use Small Phillips Screwdriver to remove the 2 screws located at the top bottom corner of the phone.

DroidIncred2pic1.jpg

Figure 1​
    • Next, gently ease up the motherboard but be careful as there is still connected ribbon cable underneath.
    • Using safe pry tool, open the jaw connector and release the flex ribbon cable. The motherboard is now release.

DroidIncred2pic2.jpg

Figure 2​
    • Heat the adhesive around the touchscreen using a hair dryer or heat gun. Use safe pry tool to lift the glass touch screen. Be careful as It is still connected with a ribbon cable at the top.
    • Next, heat the adhesive at the back of the LCD screen. Then gently ease out the LCD screen. Take it slowly and gently ease the LCD screen away from the backing plate. Once release, you can gently remove the front housing from the phone.
    • Gently ease up and remove the flex ribbon cable of the digitizer which is attached at the back of the LCD screen.
    • Remove the keypad flex cable from the back of the LCD screen.
    • You can now replace the either the touch screen digitizer or the LCD screen.

Reverse the instructions above to reassemble your phone.

We have a repair guide video on our site that will help repair your device. A link to our site can be found in our signature below.