Any hope for 3rd party rom to F240s/l/k users?

Search This thread

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
There are recovery available for F240 users, rom for E980 is exploding. I am very sad to see myself being left in the dark....I almost want to flash the E980 into my F240, let it work or die, once and for all....

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
actually users have reported using cm 10.1 and 10.2 roms on f240 models.... also AOSP roms for e980 don't flash a modem so you don't even have to do that..... but some people have suggested to wipe internal memory or internal sd card when moving from stock to aosp roms..... happy flashing.... don't forget to share your experience
@smaybe you might have some advice to share

Sent from my LG-F240K using xda app-developers app

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
OK, i did not flash the recovery because i did not think there are any rom out there to try.

Since the Roms for e980 seems working with F240, now the recovery is flashed into my phone. So far, doing back up in CWM, and downloading the PAC rom for testing.....

wish me luck....if I dont come back again...that just means my F240s bricked....:angel:

Reactions: cynosure4sure

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
have you used freegee to install cwm? freegee worked on my f240k

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
freegee has trouble to dl boot image.....

yes probably you need to circumvent bootloader security and freegee will do that...do root first and install busybox

keep trying......when i was doing it gave me some error over wifi i switched to mobile data and it downloaded fine ...... i don't why but that actually happened and doesn't make sense..

smaybe

Aug 8, 2012
www.feedup.me
actually users have reported using cm 10.1 and 10.2 roms on f240 models.... also AOSP roms for e980 don't flash a modem so you don't even have to do that..... but some people have suggested to wipe internal memory or internal sd card when moving from stock to aosp roms..... happy flashing.... don't forget to share your experience

coming from stock F240L->root->freegee->Feiyu V10->Any CM10 roms boot and run well,

nothing extra i don't think i'm alone in that case

Reactions: cynosure4sure

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
I think i have bricked my phone....

I was able to get into CWM before freegee, but after I finally downloading the image off freegee, i use the cwm rom manager to get to recovery.
but i am now stuck at LG logo.....not booting up or getting into recovery...

any help?

Thanks

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
I think i have bricked my phone....

I was able to get into CWM before freegee, but after I finally downloading the image off freegee, i use the cwm rom manager to get to recovery.
but i am now stuck at LG logo.....not booting up or getting into recovery...

any help?

Thanks

did freegee work and give you a "secure boot error so boot success" ???

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
did freegee work and give you a "secure boot error so boot success" ???

freegee worked, last message was something like "your phone is liberated".

then I used the CWM Rom manager App to try to get into recovery, I hit reboot into recovery, then LG logo stuck there after start....

pulled battery, start again....same.....

i am searching TOT files, would that help?

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
freegee worked, last message was something like "your phone is liberated".

then I used the CWM Rom manager App to try to get into recovery, I hit reboot into recovery, then LG logo stuck there after start....

pulled battery, start again....same.....

i am searching TOT files, would that help?

So you can boot the device into ROM but you cannot boot into recovery???

Also when the device boots do you see the Secure boot error???

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
So you can boot the device into ROM but you cannot boot into recovery???

Also when the device boots do you see the Secure boot error???

I used to be able to see "secure boot error" but not after freegee. Put it this way, i never able/have a chance to boot into recovery after freegee.

my phone cannot boot into rom or recovery....just a LG logo after pressing the power button...

hold volume down and power together will have a message of factory hard reset come up. I hit the "power" for factory hard reset, but still, nothing happen.

cynosure4sure

Nov 5, 2010
I used to be able to see "secure boot error" but not after freegee. Put it this way, i never able/have a chance to boot into recovery after freegee.

my phone cannot boot into rom or recovery....just a LG logo after pressing the power button...

hold volume down and power together will have a message of factory hard reset come up. I hit the "power" for factory hard reset, but still, nothing happen.

That is strange you should see a secure boot error after freegee worked

Secure boot error
Cause device unlock so boot success

have you tried the button combination to get into recovery?? if that fails your option maybe to download LG flashtool connect your device in download mode and flash stock rom and then start again

what I suspect is that freegee didn't install properly

here is a link for stock ROM and MODEM just in case

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/SKT+SK+Telecom+F240S+10W/

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/Modem+Collection/

Last edited:

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
That is strange you should see a secure boot error after freegee worked

Secure boot error
Cause device unlock so boot success

have you tried the button combination to get into recovery?? if that fails your option maybe to download LG flashtool connect your device in download mode and flash stock rom and then start again

what I suspect is that freegee didn't install properly

here is a link for stock ROM and MODEM just in case

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/LG+Optimus+G+Pro/Stock/SKT+SK+Telecom+F240S+10W/

http://storagecow.eu/index.php?dir=Xda/Users/Anirudhks-OptimusGPro/Modem+Collection/

Thanks for the links,

how do i put the stock rom back into the phone? DLing that 1.8G file now...

G-Nexus

Jan 4, 2012
Melbourne
@G-Nexus any update from your end?

Thanks for your help, I was able to rescue my GPro with the files you linked. Now Rooted and Freegeed, I am able to get into the CWM recovery by pressing POWER + Volume UP + HOME together.

Now doing back up in recovery, and going to flash PAC again.

This return to stock is a lot more complicate than Samsung.....i remember it was very easy when I mess up with my Note 1.

I will come back for updates.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, i did not flash the recovery because i did not think there are any rom out there to try.

Since the Roms for e980 seems working with F240, now the recovery is flashed into my phone. So far, doing back up in CWM, and downloading the PAC rom for testing.....

wish me luck....if I dont come back again...that just means my F240s bricked....:angel:

coming from stock F240L->root->freegee->Feiyu V10->Any CM10 roms boot and run well,

nothing extra i don't think i'm alone in that case
    Getting Status 7 Error when flashing PAC,

but now i am with CM10.2, it boots up while i am typing this reply!!! i am FREE!!!!!

Congratulations, good to know CM10.2 is working for you..... if you have a sd-card lying around can you pop it in and check if it is working.... it will also help @smaybe

Also please share your experience as what were your mistakes so a new reader can learn?

btw which CM10.2 did you flash the unofficial one for E980 or the official nightly for E986/????
    Does it backup modem or EFS?
    Freegee backs up your EFS.