[GUIDE]My Text - SMS stored text messages
The SMS function for WM 6x is a Microsoft Inbox service. One useful feature is that it has a library of 10 stored text messages which you can customise and store on your phone.
The list of stored text messages can be viewed when you are in the view, reply or forward SMS context. The list will be shown when you tap on "My Text
" from the SMS menu icon. There is an Edit function for you to customise your own messages for future use.
The problem faced by WM users is that when they hard-reset or flash a ROM, they will have to re-edit their stored text messages all over again this can be time-consuming. In this forum, there had been questions asked about the location of the stored text messages, but their queries were usually not responded to, or a vague answer answer was given.
The solution is to import the Registry settings after a hard-reset or flashing a ROM. The Registry settings:
"0"="Stored text #01"
"1"="Stored text #02"
"2"="Stored text #03"
"3"="Stored text #04"
"4"="Stored text #05"
"5"="Stored text #06"
"6"="Stored text #07"
"7"="Stored text #08"
"8"="Stored text #09"
"9"="Stored text #10"
1. Cut and paste the text from the Code box and save it to a Registry file on your microSD, e.g., MSinbox.reg
2. Use any Text Editor to edit the values of the "Stored Text #01 through #10" to customise your own.
3. From now on, when you hard-reset or flash a ROM, you only need to import the Registry settings.
- Use a File Explorer software
- Navigate to the file location of the Registry file
- Double-tap on the Registry file
- Tap "Yes" to accept the import
4. There is no need to restart the cellphone - just terminate the SMS software and re-start. The SMS software will read the Registry each time it starts.