Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,268 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Script] AAHK2 - Root, Debrand, SIM Unlock, S-OFF, SuperCID & Custom Recovery

Tip us?

dave2067uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi ive done all this worked great unlocked but the only problem is i have no sound anyone know what went wrong or how i can sort it out.
thanks dave

dave2067uk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2067uk View Post
Hi ive done all this worked great unlocked but the only problem is i have no sound anyone know what went wrong or how i can sort it out.
thanks dave
Just to add during the process i had to downgrade to 2.3.3 had to download PD98ING-GB2 all went great but no sound on anything including calls

3498BoyZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Ok maybe you try another rom

From HTC ONE X

Phiber2000
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Just flash the rooted ROM as described in FAQ in OP.

Phiber
The Following User Says Thank You to Phiber2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T3sla
Old
Thanks Meter 43
This script worked flawlessly for me.I am quite an advanced user when it comes on modifying my Xperia mini but i found it quite complicated doing the same on my girlfriend's DHD.On Xperia's you only have to unlock the bootloader and then you're free to go.But on HTC's there are many more parameters.So big thanx !!!
One question : Although i debranded i still see the T-mobile logo when it boots up.Is that normal or did i failed to debrand it?

Phiber2000
Old
Thanks Meter 84
See #105. After that you're debrandet too.

Phiber
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phiber2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

T3sla
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiber2000 View Post
See #105. After that you're debrandet too.

Phiber
Thanx that solved it.

davidelc1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Great tool, thanks Phyber and Boyz

(Sent from my Shuttle with XDA Android App)

Wormer
Old
(Last edited by Wormer; 28th September 2013 at 12:15 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Need clarification

Dear... everyone,

First of all:
- I've checked the HBOOT screen and on top of the phone model was no lock status, which suits the guide's "without lock status".
- I run original, non rooted system, and did a system restore before using the tool just to be sure
- I was prompted to do a downgrade, which went through.
- After setting up all the requirements (USB debugging, charge only) i've used the tool again....

Now to the troubling part, it scanned for "exploits", started flashing and got stuck on the <waiting for device> message for the last 5 hours... .

The phone shows HTC logo in white (not the loading screen with the green writing).

Any suggestions ?

P.S.
The log from the cmd is in the attachment (can't post due to new user limitation)

---- Update ----
I squeezed my "prunes" tight and disconnected the device and killed the script. Surprisingly enough, the phone started like nothing ever happened.
I've started the script again and despite showing all sorts of errors I had no knowledge of, the process ended in an unlocked device .

First of all: thanks to Phiber2000 and 3498BoyZ! *thumbs up*

Second: most of these rooting guides require original rom/recovery/bootloader... once I've rooted and will be trying non-original roms, will I put myself in danger regarding any future rooting? Will I ever need to re-root the device (I understand this might be covered on the forum but I don't even know what to look for with this type of question)?

Third: 3498BoyZ, in your second post you state that one of the possible steps after rooting is to update the recovery. What does that mean? Update the OS version of whatever I'll return to in the future if I should choose to "factory reset" in the future? Does it have any implication on the rooting process done?

Thanks again for your contribution and for your patience .
Attached Files
File Type: txt 1.txt - [Click for QR Code] (3.9 KB, 31 views)

3498BoyZ
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
So u have unlocked the bootloader ?

Unlocked devices via HTCdev need to be prepared via Option 'h' in main menu.
This will do the downgrade too.

Tags
aahk, ace hack kit, htc, root, s-off