[APP][2.3.3+] PilotKey (allows texting closing your eyes!)

Search This thread

mayektech

Sep 11, 2013
PilotKey allows you to enter text with easy and fast finger tip gestures anywhere on the keyboard. It can also speak out every key you enter. This means you don't have to look at the keyboard while entering text. It can free up your eyes to focus on the text input or suggestions and enable you to write longer texts. PilotKey makes the experience of entering text in phones more comfortable and it can help you in various multitasking situations like noting down text from some source or person, messaging while watching TV, searching for places while walking etc. PilotKey can also help you with privacy while entering text in public places.

It takes about a week time to get used to PilotKey but after getting used to it traditional keyboards will become stressful to use. This is because of the fact that looking at text being written is much more comfortable than looking at the keys which requires random shift of eye focus. The demo of this app can be seen at youtube video "M1zk1v9XJxQ"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mayektech.inputmethod.app

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-09-09-21-47-34.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-09-09-21-47-34.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 4,000
Last edited by a moderator:

m.klinge

Jun 16, 2008
Very interesting - I really like the idea :)

However I need Danish letters and preferred spell-check before it really works for me. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make that happen :)

//M

Sendt fra min Xperia V med Tapatalk 4

Makosh

Dec 8, 2011
trying it now; seems a little to tricky at the beginning. Also, on SGH-i9100 it's a bit lagging or slowed :eek:

ba_hamilton

Nov 21, 2010
Kansas City
themesinmotion.com
I really like the idea of this keyboard but the learning curve is going to be a killer. The video wasn't the best in explaining how it works. The guy on the video could text like a pro through so I guess it really does work :D

m.klinge

Jun 16, 2008
Actually I don't think the learnin -curve is that bad, yes is a little different in the beginning but not hard to see the potential at all ;)

//M

drbiggy

Jan 27, 2013
just read about this, the idea is great!
Just a few questions:
Is there a way to integrate some kind of dictonary (not only an english) one, yet? With that typing would be even more accurate.

Is there a way to adjust something like dpi or size? on my phone (sony xperia active) the arrows on the buttons are hiding the letters so it is a bit difficult at the beginning to find the right letters and the symbols at the right are pretty difficult to hit

Reactions: Masrepus

anupam05

Apr 9, 2011
Singapore
Nice innovative idea....have potential to be big thing.
Better color scheme and dictionary options will be wonderful. Thanks.

mayektech

Sep 11, 2013
Very interesting - I really like the idea :)

However I need Danish letters and preferred spell-check before it really works for me. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make that happen :)

//M

Thank you for your valuable feedback. This is just the first version of the app. We are going to support more dictionaries in the future including Danish.

mayektech

Sep 11, 2013
Just a few questions:
Is there a way to integrate some kind of dictonary (not only an english) one, yet? With that typing would be even more accurate.

Is there a way to adjust something like dpi or size? on my phone (sony xperia active) the arrows on the buttons are hiding the letters so it is a bit difficult at the beginning to find the right letters and the symbols at the right are pretty difficult to hit

Thank you for trying out PilotKey. Yes we will be supporting more dictionaries soon. Your feedback is really helpful for us to test on more varieties of devices with different resolutions and fix them as soon as possible.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PilotKey allows you to enter text with easy and fast finger tip gestures anywhere on the keyboard. It can also speak out every key you enter. This means you don't have to look at the keyboard while entering text. It can free up your eyes to focus on the text input or suggestions and enable you to write longer texts. PilotKey makes the experience of entering text in phones more comfortable and it can help you in various multitasking situations like noting down text from some source or person, messaging while watching TV, searching for places while walking etc. PilotKey can also help you with privacy while entering text in public places.

It takes about a week time to get used to PilotKey but after getting used to it traditional keyboards will become stressful to use. This is because of the fact that looking at text being written is much more comfortable than looking at the keys which requires random shift of eye focus. The demo of this app can be seen at youtube video "M1zk1v9XJxQ"

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mayektech.inputmethod.app
    Attaching PilotKey APK

Attaching PilotKey APK
    An interesting approach but I don't see this being faster than standard qwerty and trace.

The speed of PilotKey will start standing out 1) after getting used to continuous gesture without lifting finger 2) become familiar with gesture moves for the commonly used words 3) The new feature which will accelerate texting . Combining all these factors, PilotKey be the only keyboard which offers 1) comfort (seeing the text being written is very comforting compared to eye focus on the keyboard) and 2) speed.

Thanks,
    Mayektech
    looks cool but the ui is kind of scary looking, i will try it soon
    Just a few questions: