[guide]To install Xperia fastboot driver on windows 8
hey guys this is the new thread as the previous thread can not be monitored now as the owner of that thread @Ivan93tm
don't have xperia go anymore
so here i start
- Download and install JDK tools form Java here.
- Download SDK android from this site.
- usb_driver.zip - 8.68 MB
for installing the new sdk in windows 8
- extract the sdk to a convenient place
- run sdk manager and download Extras file "google usb drivers".
if sdk manager don't run then follow these steps
- open sdk/tools/android.bat with your favorite editor.
- find this code
- set java_exe=
if not defined java_exe goto :EOF
- then replace this with
- set java_exe="D:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_07\bin\java.exe" (make sure you give your java.exe file path)
- save android.bat then run android.bat as administrator and you are done your sdk will run.
now follow the steps
- go to settings in windows 8 then go to general then in advanced setup click restart now.
- then go to troubleshoot --> Advanced option --> Startup settings --> Restart.
- then you will get a window with some options choose number 7. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.
- or you can do it through cmd lines.
- open cmd as administrative.
- type "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and restart PC
- and when bellow steps are done then at the end type this type "bcdedit /set testsigning off" in cmd and restart PC
- power off you phone.
- go to control panel --> system and Security --> System --> Device manager.
- now connect your phone in fastboot mode i.e connecting to usb while holding the volume + button
- USE USB 2.0 ONLY.
- now S1 fast boot device is appear click fastly on it and update driver.
- now when phone turn in normal mode unplag phone (keep open update driver windows).
- select driver from folder
- then select "chose manualy from a list of driver in computer".
- browse from disk and select "android_winusb.inf" from "...\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver" and select "android bootloader interface.
- before click next plug again the phone in fastboot mode.
- click next and your done.
credits to @Ivan93tm
REMEMBER TO HIT THANKS IF I HELP YOU
PHONE: XPERIA P
BOOTLOADER STATUS : UNLOCKED
ROM : MIUI5