g-sensor

4th November 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #111  
Thanks Meter: 28

473 posts
My sensors aren't working either and I really don't want to send it for repair... unlocked with cm9 nightly. Can't even look at web horizontally. Very annoying. Tried pretty much everything mentioned. Will download this sensor list and see what it says. I did have androsensor and couldn't get values for accelometet etc ....

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
4th November 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #112  
Thanks Meter: 28

473 posts
anyone have unlocked via HTC dev device and return it for repair? Did you get charged at all for the repair?
Last edited by shinigamikris; 6th November 2012 at 02:38 AM.
13th January 2013, 02:12 PM   |  #113  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Info 2
Hi, Im new at this but one of my friends just updated his HTC one X to jellybean and he had the same problem with the g sensor, what he did is reboot in safe mode and i think he recalibrated it or some and problem fixed you should try that... Good luck...
18th February 2013, 01:32 PM   |  #114  
Flag cluj napoca
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Exclamation issue
It worked perfectly for me and then after a restart of the phone it stopped working, then after a few weeks it started working again... and then after another restart of the phone it stopped working (I think it has something to do with the heating of the phone because i restarted it because it was overheating)
24th February 2013, 09:03 PM   |  #115  
Flag Espaņa
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
More
Re: g-sensor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinigamikris

anyone have unlocked via HTC dev device and return it for repair? Did you get charged at all for the repair?

I sent it to the SAT in Spain, and after they returned it to me 3 times unrepaired, and more than two months later, they have given me a new phone with new IMEI code. My HOX was (and is), still under warranty.

My old HOX had "relocked", and the new after one week of testing, is unlocked again.
Last edited by Siupermen; 24th February 2013 at 09:12 PM.
25th February 2013, 05:03 AM   |  #116  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 4

17 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscully

Does anyone's G-sensor work? i ran the htc function test and it's not working. Any solutions? I've try a factory reset but no joy.

I had the same problem. I flashed a custom ROM. But then i got the same problem again.
Then i unistalled "Battery Booster" app and after a day I cleared all cache files and deleted all Titanium backup of this app and restarted my phone 1-2 times and it got fixed

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscully

Does anyone's G-sensor work? i ran the htc function test and it's not working. Any solutions? I've try a factory reset but no joy.

There is a third-party app that is creating a problem
I can guarantee you there is nothing wrong with your device if you have used it since a long time
Last edited by Anish Shah; 25th February 2013 at 04:55 AM. Reason: correct typo
12th March 2013, 08:49 PM   |  #117  
Thanks Meter: 0

17 posts
Hi all,

I've had my HTC One X since May 2012 and this problem has now hit mine. I only noticed when checking out some photos in my gallery the other day and it wouldn't auto rotate. Obviously hit the Google machine and found this thread. Tried all the tips you lot have posted but none worked for me. G sensor calibration just wasn't having it. However, the following did work:

Turn off auto rotate, restart into safe mode, turn on auto rotate, run G sensor calibration in safe mode, restart into normal mode and all back working.

Just thought I would add that to the list. I couldn't get G sensor calibration to work in normal mode or safe mode but the toggle with the auto rotate option seemed to do the trick this time.

Going to take the advice of everyone here and send it off for repair as it seems the problem wont get solved without a fix. Pretty annoying as I could do without the hassle. Won't be able to do it for another month as I'm moving home start of April.

This is not my first issue with the phone either. First one I had 5 days and had a yellow/orange spot which was pretty big. Got a replacement free of charge. Then in November my Wifi played up and I could hardly get a signal. Instead of sending the second phone off I fixed this myself by opening it up and using some tin foil. Wifi been perfect since. But now this!!

I had a HTC Desire before and had no issues (apart from lack of memory) and that phone is the reason why I stuck with HTC rather than jump over to samsung galaxy SIII. Wish I jumped now. Got this phone until November 2013 too (18 month contract). Just frustrating really as it's such a great phone but seemingly went through a poorly rushed bad production.
Last edited by Platty182; 12th March 2013 at 08:53 PM.
18th September 2013, 04:15 AM   |  #118  
Flag Penang
Thanks Meter: 1

130 posts
More
My HTC One X G Sensor is now working again!!!
My HTC One X was having screen problem in Aug'13, I send back to HTC for warranty and they have replaced a new unit for me. The same day i got the new unit, I unlocked it and flashed latest rom with sense 5. I notice that my G sensor stopped working. I search through the whole internet and all the solutions didn't work for me. I tried to overhead the phone and restart, flash other roms and nothing work.

I am sure that it was working before i unlocked it. So guess what, I try to relock the bootloader this morning and unlock it again, then the g sensor is working again!!! just sharing my experience as i was kind a hopeless when try to search for solution and nothing worked. hope this helps and good luck!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread