[Q] AT&T One X Stuck In Endless Bootloop after Stock RUU Flash

Search This thread
Now I put the exact same ROM and gapps in it as mine. The ONLY thing different is that my version of TWRP 2.2 and the troubled phone now has TWRP 2.6. Could that be the issue? The new version not wanting to read the nandroid created by the old version?
Trying to connect all the dots here..

Sent from my One X Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Whether there's a ROM installed or not should have no effect on whether the recovery can properly see the backup file. The difference in TWRP versions shouldn't make a difference either, as far as I know anyway.

I did have a thought just now, the file tree that the backups are stored in goes like this: /TWRP/backups/"device serial number"/backup files. I'm not sure, but if you've copied the exact file tree from the other phone the device serial number folder will contain the other phone's serial number. It might be a good idea to put your phone into fastboot mode, and use the fastboot command "fastboot devices" to get it to show your serial number. Then note that number and change that folder to read alike. My thinking is perhaps it's looking for that, it's worth a try.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: Visionary Graphix

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Well, that did make the phone see the backup, so that worked! Now, when I try to restore from the back up, it keeps failing when it says "Restoring Cache..."
I'm clueless as to why it would be failing now. Like I said...get over one hurdle and face another! ugh... aggravating! :mad:

Ok, we're getting there. I'm guessing you're trying to restore the cache partition? I wouldn't worry about that, I'd only restore the system partition, that should be ok so give that a go.

Sent from my Evita

Ok, we're getting there. I'm guessing you're trying to restore the cache partition? I wouldn't worry about that, I'd only restore the system partition, that should be ok so give that a go.

Sent from my Evita

Well, I restored everything but the cache and it was successful. I went into fastboot and booted the .img file and it's STILL stuck in the boot loop. I don't know where go with this any more. :( I know there HAS to be a way to beat this.....:confused:

Sent from my Evita

This 2.20 firmware has to be the biggest B**ch to work with! I'm wondering if I could downgrade it somehow...not sure if it's possible or would even help! I can't seem to S-OFF it until I can get it out of this soft-brick.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I'm starting to think that you might be facing some kind of hardware issue, the fact that the RUU didn't boot was a danger sign and now this problem is worrisome as well. To be honest, I think I've run out of ideas, but I'll keep racking my brain.

Sent from my Evita

I'm starting to think that you might be facing some kind of hardware issue, the fact that the RUU didn't boot was a danger sign and now this problem is worrisome as well. To be honest, I think I've run out of ideas, but I'll keep racking my brain.

Sent from my Evita

A few tries back, it did work...but after it completed the whole RUU flash, the phone was still stuck in a bootloop. Should it have worked then?
I kind of thought it could be a hardware issue as well since everything I was trying was NOT working to get it out of that bootloop.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
A few tries back, it did work...but after it completed the whole RUU flash, the phone was still stuck in a bootloop. Should it have worked then?
I kind of thought it could be a hardware issue as well since everything I was trying was NOT working to get it out of that bootloop.

Usually if the phone is still displaying the same problem after running an RUU it's safe to assume that you're dealing with a hardware problem, as the phone has been returned to a completely stock configuration.

Sent from my Evita

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hang on. You'll need to provide more information, saying you've tried many things could mean anything. What exactly have you tried with this phone? I'm assuming it has been unlocked and rooted in the past? Does it have SuperCID?

Also, you said you flashed an RUU via fastboot, but an RUU is an exe file which runs by itself so flashing via fastboot isn't correct. Where did you get this alleged RUU and how did you run it?

@ted77usa
    Just wait a minute, we need to properly identify what has been done to this device before going any further.

Sent from my Evita
    It's no problem at all, I'm always happy to help someone get their phone back on track.

Sent from my Evita
    Start with rooting step first.....http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952038

And for further guide.... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1671237

Swyped from T3DRO1CS RedHoXence
    Ok, just to be clear, you ran the full RUU exe file?

Sent from my Evita

Sent from my Evita