Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Huawei Honor 2 U9508

Tip us?

popcorn1122
Old
Thanks Meter 202
Just replace supl.google.com with supl.nokia.com

Google Supl servers are now rejecting all non certified devices who have no proper certificates installed (example - gps.cer).
Hence all Assisted GPS devices are not working and depend only on MSA - (Service provided or via apn supl ) or standalone.

scarymover
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I have finally fixed my GPS issue with the GAPPS of eternity project.

I had to do a clean install (in the aroma I had to choose "default Huawei" - for GPS) then afterward I had to flash the GAPPS !

So it works perfect now.

And this b703, I repeat, is just amazing in terms of ram consumption ! (for a 1GB I have generally 200MB of free ram with 6 or 7 apps launched).

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Next to that i have question !
It seems that the GPS is working only when you launched an APP that needs it.

Explanations:
In the notification bar when I switch ON the GPS.
If I go back to the "desktop" of android, the icon indicating that the GPS is currently fixing is not displayed.
but if i launch MAPS or Navigation (google apps) the circle with a point inside appears.
If i leave the Nevigation and go back to "desktop" the circle with a point inside disappears.

My question is :
Does the fact to not see the 'circle with a point inside' means that there is no battery consumption ? Or is the GPS is effectivelly working in background with no notification ?

You can complete me If I have missed something ...

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurosis130 View Post
oh ...i thought b703 is an official release ...no wonder i cant find it ...
the b703 original yes. but the b703 clean version is a custom ROM based on the official B703
So if you want to flash the B703 with no modification you can installit via the dload mode.
If you want to install the clean version, which means with less Huawei Apps, you should use the chinese recovery.

I recommend the B703 Clean version !

flippy12
Old
Thanks Meter 92
According to the chinese vmall moderator, the date of the official release of the 4.2 seems to still be the 25/09:
http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?m...extra=page%3D2
(fingers crossed)

remark: for people who already have the beta B703, I think that we will not see the difference (except some few fixes)
Huawei Honor 2 (Android 4.2.2: B708; TWRP recovery)

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S
HTC Wildfire

neurosis130
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarymover View Post
I have finally fixed my GPS issue with the GAPPS of eternity project.

I had to do a clean install (in the aroma I had to choose "default Huawei" - for GPS) then afterward I had to flash the GAPPS !

So it works perfect now.

And this b703, I repeat, is just amazing in terms of ram consumption ! (for a 1GB I have generally 200MB of free ram with 6 or 7 apps launched).

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 AM ----------

Next to that i have question !
It seems that the GPS is working only when you launched an APP that needs it.

Explanations:
In the notification bar when I switch ON the GPS.
If I go back to the "desktop" of android, the icon indicating that the GPS is currently fixing is not displayed.
but if i launch MAPS or Navigation (google apps) the circle with a point inside appears.
If i leave the Nevigation and go back to "desktop" the circle with a point inside disappears.

My question is :
Does the fact to not see the 'circle with a point inside' means that there is no battery consumption ? Or is the GPS is effectivelly working in background with no notification ?

You can complete me If I have missed something ...

---------- Post added at 07:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

the b703 original yes. but the b703 clean version is a custom ROM based on the official B703
So if you want to flash the B703 with no modification you can installit via the dload mode.
If you want to install the clean version, which means with less Huawei Apps, you should use the chinese recovery.

I recommend the B703 Clean version !
so that means i ll still hv to flash the official firmware b703 before the custom clean b703 ..i guess if i flash the clean one from b026 ics its gonna encounter problems...its that right ? tq so much again for ur help ....

erbode
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Meanwhile in china:
http://cn.club.vmall.com/forum.php?m...181&mobile=yes

It's b704, maybe the stable version of tomorrow

Sent from my HUAWEI U9508 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erbode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

black nebur
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Talking I've done it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzikd1 View Post
tell me what happens if you chage rom
Hi, after all I didn't need to change rom, with Mauro V8 I've manage it to work, Its exactly that problem that I told you in the beginning, the Ground wire needs to be connected to the fifth pin (in normal cable Classe B)...
Here is the photo of the finished work, and yes... OTG in G615 works, you only need a connection for a external power supply!

Well it's a bit of a mess, but I'm going to explain why all the colours (female USB) and all the cables... I didn't want to ruin any new cables that I have, so I took old cables and a hub with 4 female USB ports, and built this one that almost seems Optimus Prime

The OTG cable, I've done it from a Nokia Data/charging cables, destroying it's armor inside the strong rubber that covers it and with meticulous work, very carefully, I took (with a scalpel) the inside cover which is some kind a type of a hard/rigid white glue, colored like silicon, and found the empty pin and the Ground (black) one and connected them through a little piece of wire from a old usb cable, then taped it with black insulating tape...
This was the hard part, next followed the easy but labored one, since I didn't want to mess up none of my cables that have, male to female usb ports, I needed to figured out how to built an alternative cable to power up the OTG cable, since our mobile needs it due to is lack of powering these kind of cables (kernel issue).
Two cables needed to this one (old ones of course), and three USB female ports from a hub that I didn't used, and patience...
A Samsung cable was used for powering the other cables, so it can be connected trough an AC USB 5V adapter or directly connected to a computer (red and black wire were the only used), the rest of the connections, data/power ones, were made trough a cable that didn't had any brand but however it seemed the better one (quality of the inside thread), resuming, it was only need to follow the schemes that already were posted... Finally, in the purple door is were the external peripheral devices connect. I've also made the blue and orange connection to maintain the male USB port to try latter an original OTG cable
And after the trial... , there it was, in ES explorer the USB file located in Mount it opened and showed it the files inside!!!
Howwwwwwwwwww awesome!!! And after that I've connected a wireless mouse and it also worked!!! Cool!!!
Well this experience was mainly done to experience the capabilities of this phone since I do not see much use for this type of use in a device of this size, but the little black with a white frame cursor in the screen of this device is strangely pleasant!
I Hope that this post becomes helpful to someone.

Oh and I've stripped so much f******* wires (with an lighter) that I still have my fingers sore...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to black nebur For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Driod Myanmarthar
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soudy1994 View Post
Guys, when i flashed B505 at first i didn't have the notification panel, but when i flashed B505 vendor the notification panel worked just fine.

So my point is, can i flash B505 vendor on B550 rom so that i can get the notification panel to work?
I haven't notification panel yet in my b550 stable version.
I try various ways to rework this notification toggles in notification bar.
But this is being missing now
Where can I download B505 vendor?
Please give me link for download. I want to try with this vendor on B550.

scarymover
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by neurosis130 View Post
so that means i ll still hv to flash the official firmware b703 before the custom clean b703 ..i guess if i flash the clean one from b026 ics its gonna encounter problems...its that right ? tq so much again for ur help ....
NO you should only flash the "Clean B703" via the chinese recovery.

Installing the official before will not give more stability or whatever.

Believe me this Clean b703 is just amazing in terms of performances and memory consumption !
The Following User Says Thank You to scarymover For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Stealthlaud
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Does anybody have apk for the black settings and notification screen?

Sent from my HUAWEI U9508 using xda app-developers app

Achterin
Old
(Last edited by Achterin; 24th September 2013 at 07:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
New post from EternityProject:

Quote:
[U9508] If anyone wants to risk the device, I've cracked the bootloader and it's ready to be flashed. (BEWARE: HARD BRICK POSSIBLE)
any volunteers?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Achterin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]